403 fan belt
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 403 fan belt

Default 403 fan belt

When I order a 403 fan belt (from EAI) I get a belt thats too thin, and a bit too long! (now have two). Anybody know what I should have? And where from? (its a station wagon, late 50's).

Second option is an industial 'A' belt supplier. Go with a pully, and length. Suggestions?

Advertisement

403s came with two different fan belts... a thicker one on the earlier cars, then a thinner (11A?) on the later models.

The length should be on the one you have, get a thicker one the same length and you'll be close to the money...

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

the early ones were a B section belt
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by garryw
    When I order a 403 fan belt (from EAI) I get a belt thats too thin, and a bit too long! (now have two). Anybody know what I should have? And where from? (its a station wagon, late 50's).

Second option is an industial 'A' belt supplier. Go with a pully, and length. Suggestions?
    When you come to fit a new water pump, the only ones available are from Sam Meckaroff in Melbourne (he bought the final batch produced) and these have the thick shaft. The pullies that fit this shaft are of the narrow belt variety ( big shaft/wide pulley ones are very rare). It may be as well to update your pulley system to narrow belt.
    Graham

Default 03 fan belt

Garry, you should be able to source suitable fan belt at repco, motor traders etc., you'll need to go there with example in hand, they'll measure it and supply to fit, not to Pug spec, but generic, there is very little magic in fan belts.

Cheers ed ge

Default 403 fan belt

Quote Originally Posted by garryw

garryw,
    IF the thin belts youv'e been supplied are type, 11A 1180 you may be able to give them to your 404 owning friends for Chrissy.
    Last edited by Wildebeest; 27th December 2004 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Add emphasis to comment

1000+ Posts

The Olyslager manual gives the 403 belt dimension as :
    outer circumference 36 9/16th inches
    Inner circumference 33 7/8 inches
    top width ; 21/32 inches
    Angle of V : 42 degrees
    This will be for the thinner pulley model with the 300 watt generator that was introduced on the cars at serial no. 2434723 and the wagon
    2865760. The manual describes it as trapezoidal section. It was Kleber-Colombes 1009 P/N 5750.12. The Peugeot manual stresses the need not to over tighten it.
    The earlier type was the same as on my 203 and had by measurement a top width of 14 mm, a bottom width of 8 mm and a depth of 10mm. This reminds me I must hunt down another spare.

Thanks guys.

Now understand my feeling that the belts I have seem too long because they sit too low in the pully. I'll track down a suitable belt. Any of you guys got a use for these belts? (PM).

Well, they don't fit 404s no matter what Wildebeest says...

The 404 belt interchanges with Austin A99, A110 etc, though, and I think early Valiants as well.

The 403 belt will fit something.

Thread Information