405 gearknob - sorry if you go through this all the time...
  • Register
  • Help
    al

Default 405 gearknob - sorry if you go through this all the time...

I know you've probably covered this many times but i'm new and i can't find it...

Advertisement

Anyway, after getting my liscence only 10 days ago my standard gearknob has disintegrated. (please no knob jokes...) I want to replace it with a nice new momo, (or similar) but my peugeot mechanic assures me it nothing other than the standard one will fit. While i can get a standard one easily, i would rather something more interesting.

Will aftermarket replacements fit? Keeping the car as standard doesn't really concern me too much - i would rather it all felt good. (haha)

al

It's an mi16 if that changes the possibilities.

As i said i'm new to all this so i wouldn't know.

I've seen pics of them fitted to BX16Vs overseas and as the cars are almost twins in many respects, I'd be surprised if one wasn't available.
    I think I may have seen some on e-bay at times; that might be your best bet as there was never much ricing up gear available even when they were current as they were never sold into that market due to new car cost.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

i've seen aftermarket ones been fitted, wouldnt be too hard, a genuine one from a dealer wouldnt be worth it really, id go with a simple aftermarket one.

To take it off would simply be a matter of twisting & unlocking id imagine

al

With a fair bit of effort i got the original gearknob out revealing a strange square top to the gearstick. I haven't seen many aftermarket replacements that would fit this, so it looks like i'm off to peugeot...

Quote Originally Posted by al_
    With a fair bit of effort i got the original gearknob out revealing a strange square top to the gearstick. I haven't seen many aftermarket replacements that would fit this, so it looks like i'm off to peugeot...
    i have seen a really nice woodgrain knob on some mi-16's.i have also seen this knob at the peugeot spares i frequent in hawthorn.not cheap but look great.
    they also have a nice machined metal knob with pug badge in middle and a few allen key nuts which look nice and sporty.
    why go the momo dude?its a bit common!!.i reckon the orig one is the best one ive seen on them.or the metal pug one.
    i will eventually change my 205 gti knob as its a bit chipped and so on but i will put the orig one back on as they are well designed and suit the intereor more.
    i hate it when i see someone put all the latest accesories on their pug and make it look somehow cheap and nasty.
    im into personalising my car but will keep to the original styling of the car.
    anyways dude have fun and keep up the knob jokes.-BAZZ

al

You said it perfectly... I don't want to mess with such a good formula, but i would like to personalise it.

Thanks, i'll check out place in hawthorne.

Thread Information