no wonder there is so many prangs this time of year
  • Register
  • Help

Default no wonder there is so many prangs this time of year

you know i couldnt beleive my eyes today,coming down the doncaster freeway[sth eastern i th ink]i thought i was driving at bathurst or maybe silverstone or le mans.
    j eeeesssss everyone was footl flat to the floor weaving in and out ,braking hard up peoples bums .b.m.w's,nissans,a blue 206 gti 180,a couple of newish mazdas ,a couple of dunnydoors ss utes.all driving like fangio on an overdose of amphetamines or alchohol or both.
    i have never seen it happen with so many cars at once all swerving in and out of lanes dangerously.now i dont always drive like a granny and have been known to really give it to the 205 at the start of the freeway and zip up quick to 100km but these guys left me standing still at 100k.
    maybe it was a group of people just left the work xmas party high on office sex and holiday dreams and the good ol all ke hole.
    anyway please drive safe over the xmas break please people,i know i sound like a tac add but i dont care.there are soooo manyy idiots out there at this time of year. please dont be one od them.

Advertisement

happy peagan ritual, happy peagan ritual ,happy peagan ritual, HAPPY PEAGAN RITUAL-BAZZ

Strange you should raise this issue...

Recently it was pointed out to me... quite rightly, too... that the accident and death rate at this time of the year is no different to any other time of the year!

Holidays, with their highly vaunted 'blitzes', have exactly the same number of deaths per day as the whole year round!

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Strange you should raise this issue...

Recently it was pointed out to me... quite rightly, too... that the accident and death rate at this time of the year is no different to any other time of the year!

Holidays, with their highly vaunted 'blitzes', have exactly the same number of deaths per day as the whole year round!
    I guess the blitzes cancel out the crazy driving!
    Graham

No, they cancel out the reduced traffic through the holiday season...

Very few trucks on the road, not nearly so much work-related traffic. So they are out there keeping everyone looking in their mirrors instead of at the road.

Also, there are more less competent drivers doing more miles than usual, but they are not the speedsters about which Bazz is talking.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Blitz

Have you ever noticed when there is a reduction in road toll over Christmas a hi ranking police oficer jumps on tv saying how successful their blitz has been giving full credit to their operation.

On the contrary if the toll is higher it refers back to the blaming the public!

We cant stop them killiing themselves bal bla.

When i was in trafic patrol we heard our leaders state things like their will be more police on duty. This was false as the roster was a yearly roster and everything was business as usual from our end.

Graelin

Icon7

I think these so called blitzes are just that. I've seen as many police on the road as during normal times of the year. The advertising campaigns would have you believe there's one on every corner. Are we as a mass that gullible?

Have a happy and holy Christmas,

Matt.
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

I have a 'yes and no' answer on that...

It was certainly the case back in the sixties and seventies that blitzes saw extra road patrols out there. Big numbers.

And sometimes (not always) today there is an increase in police presence on the road.

I wonder if the roster stays the same because the overall numbers on duty is the same, just that more on regular duties (you know the stuff, fighting crime, attending domestics, catching crooks) are pushed out on the roads to do some hours manning breath test stations and pulling up the occasional car around town?

Thread Information