My Peugeot Oxia
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: My Peugeot Oxia

Default My Peugeot Oxia

G'day everyone.

Now that I have my own house that I can make a mess of at my own will, it's time to start on a serious automotive project.

Hence the Peugeot Oxia replica.

The Peugeot Oxia, to me, is the culmination of over 40 years of peugeot design by Pininfarina. The shape and form of post war Peugeots from the 203 to todays models carry some definate, distinctive lines, whose progression can easily be traced from model to model for what has now been over half a century. The Oxia, however, carries those lines most distinctively, and combined with it's supercar characteristics, has forged a love affair that for me began as a child when the car was first unveiled at the Paris Motor Show in October 1988.

Advertisement

Now, the chance to have my own Oxia is within my grasp.

Obviously, I do not intend to produce a perfect mechanical replica. The original Oxia was a mid mounted 2849cc quad-cam 24 valve twin turbo beast, driving through a 6 speed gearbox to all 4 wheels, all of which were also steering wheels. My replica will be a twin turbo 12 valve overhead cam 2849cc driving through a 5 speed transaxle to the rear wheels, and only the front will steer. Still, I would expect to see some satisfying performance from it. The chassis is mostly complete, but now it is time to build the body for it.

I have gleaned all the information and photos that I can from the web, for the purpose of proportioning dimensions and shapes. I need all the information and images that I can find to construct an accurate fibreglass body for it.

So what I am after now, is any photos, videos, sketches, technical information, rumours, or anything else you can find pertaining to the Peugeot Oxia.

My email address is [email protected]

I would really appreciate anything that you can find that I may or may not already have, I'm sure someone out there has some obscure information or image that I haven't already got.

Thanking you all in advance,

Scott.

Default Project Oxia

Scott.

if you need an audience, moral support, tool hander, parts washer, stubby opener etc., I would be pleased to volunteer. I've not heard of an Oxia but I have built a few Peugeots. If you get desparate, give us a PM.

Cheers ed ge

Last edited by DRD180; 12th December 2004 at 01:16 PM.

.......damn...damn .....damn.....

if only you lived in melbourne.....l

if you need an audience, moral support, tool hander, parts washer, stubby opener etc., I would be pleased to volunteer

SAME sentiments........

How quickly do you need drawings sketches......if you dont mind waiting a week or so I d be more than willing to transfer some data down into a precise autocad drawing.....I could scale down quite easily for you as long as we can identify just ONE measured size..ie wheel diameter or either lenght or hight for example......

Either way.....I like your spirit and I m a big fan of the OXIA....so don t hesitate to PM should you need any advice or help re. precise autocad drawings.....in the meantime....I ll have a search through some books and mags I have so I can get moving on the 4 elevations for you....it ll be fun, a few more late nights never hurt anybody....

cheers

good luck

dino

Thanks for your enthusiasm guys.

Edgedweller, there are some good sites on the net giving descriptions and pictures of the Oxia. I highly recommend you look some of these up, it is a truly magnificent car. And if you want to come and check out the work to date, you're also most welcome.

Dino, any chance you're moving to Adelaide anytime soon? You sound like you could come in very useful!!
    Nothing is in a major hurry, the last few nights i've just been sitting out looking at the chassis, waiting for inspiration. The chassis at the moment is still really a blank canvas, I know what I want the outside to look like (Oxia, of course), but the mechanicals are still widely open for a bit of creativity.
    You sound like you have the skills with autocad, I would really love to see what you can come up with!!

Cheers,

Scott

Is this a good starting point?

http://jpracing.racerplanet.com/modu...to.php?lid=228

Seems reasonably accurate when compared to other published photos and dimensions....If you r happy with this as a starting point....we would be able to get some reasonably precise panel sizes dimensioned fully in autocad.....So how good are your modelmaking skills....ever worked with clay???
    I think having an accuarte model made would go a long way in familiarising oneself with the finer details and how one plans to put it all together.....
    Are you aware of any scale models already on the market?

cheers

dino

/// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

Dino, that diagram is an EXCELLENT starting point. I've been looking for something like that.

I'm far from being proficient on Autocad or anything like that. Can you just plug in these diagrams and determine the rate of curves or things like that? That sounds too easy, but i'm keen to learn.

For the ratios, the Oxia has a 2800mm wheelbase, so at 2500mm, mine is effectively an 89% scale replica of the original car. This works well for me, because that makes my 15" Mi16 wheels proportionally perfect for the car (which came with 17" in the same style). The challenge is just squeezing everything else underneath the body.

I've seen a couple of models for sale, but they just dont seem to look right, especially at the back. As you can see from you diagrams, the Oxia is far from square from above, yet most of the models avaliable are.

I've never worked with clay. But i've been told that when it comes to the full sized model, chicken wire and bog is the go.
    Scotty

Melbourne - Dandenong Ranges

1956 Peugeot 403 - 'Francois' - resto project

1969 Peugeot 504 - 'Pascal' - daily driver project

1970 Peugeot 404 Utility - 'Brutus' - resto project

1978 Peugeot 604 - as yet unnamed - V6 on straight LPG

1987 Peugeot 505 - as yet unnamed - project car

1999 Peugeot 406 Coupé - 'Chloe' - 5 speed manual

2011 Peugeot 3008 XTE HDi - 'Zoe' - hatchback on steroids

2014 Peugeot RCZ - 'Remy'

1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE - 'Grover' - tow car

Fellow Frogger!

Default idea

Why not write to the Musée Peugeot in Sochaux and ask for some scale drawings of the car. You never know, they may just send some to you. They have been good to me.

Great project, good luck!

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Demannu
    Dino, that diagram is an EXCELLENT starting point. I've been looking for something like that.

I'm far from being proficient on Autocad or anything like that. Can you just plug in these diagrams and determine the rate of curves or things like that? That sounds too easy, but i'm keen to learn.

For the ratios, the Oxia has a 2800mm wheelbase, so at 2500mm, mine is effectively an 89% scale replica of the original car. This works well for me, because that makes my 15" Mi16 wheels proportionally perfect for the car (which came with 17" in the same style). The challenge is just squeezing everything else underneath the body.

I've seen a couple of models for sale, but they just dont seem to look right, especially at the back. As you can see from you diagrams, the Oxia is far from square from above, yet most of the models avaliable are.

I've never worked with clay. But i've been told that when it comes to the full sized model, chicken wire and bog is the go.

Scott, whatever happened to the MI16 504? It's not listed in your car lineup?
    Any details on the V6 505?
    Graham

I hadn't thought of writing to the museum. That's not a bad idea. I'll definately do that. Thanks

Graham, the 504 Mi16 has taken a back seat to the Oxia. As you can see, I have the 504 pretty much ready to take the motor, but then I came across an old LPG installation. I stuck it in the car, mainly for something different. The car is now gutless, but it gets about 28mpg around town which, means that I can get about 450kms to a tank that only costs $15. I can't afford to put the Mi16 motor into it.

Anyhow, the Mi16 motor and gearbox setup is still sitting in the shed, it now looks like it might make it into a friend's SII 505 GTi. Will probably become a better car than I had intended.

The V6 is out of action at the moment, I've got the gearbox out because it is unbearably noisy. The problems I am having are that being a genuine V6 gearbox, I'm reluctant to trust it to just anyone to get fixed, and at any rate, noone here in Adelaide wants to touch it anyway!! Unfortunately the gearbox is one of three things on a car I hate working on (suspension springs and exhausts are the others). Having said that if I can't find someone, i'll probably end up doing it myself anyway. Maybe when that's back up and running the Mi16 504/5 will eventuate.

Too many projects on my hands.
    Scotty

Melbourne - Dandenong Ranges

1956 Peugeot 403 - 'Francois' - resto project

1969 Peugeot 504 - 'Pascal' - daily driver project

1970 Peugeot 404 Utility - 'Brutus' - resto project

1978 Peugeot 604 - as yet unnamed - V6 on straight LPG

1987 Peugeot 505 - as yet unnamed - project car

1999 Peugeot 406 Coupé - 'Chloe' - 5 speed manual

2011 Peugeot 3008 XTE HDi - 'Zoe' - hatchback on steroids

2014 Peugeot RCZ - 'Remy'

1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE - 'Grover' - tow car

That is something I have wanted to do since I first saw a picture of an Oxia. One day when I have too much money I want to do the same.

I will send you all the infi I have, a lot of it you might have, but I will send it just in case.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Thread Information