307 horn
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 307 horn

Tadpole

Default 307 horn

Howdie,
    have just acquired a 2nd hand Peugeot 307 XSE (2002). All sweet so far, except for horn not working ... Does anyone know if this is a common problem? And whether the fix is likely to be expensive...?
    My other car is a 1954 Triumph TR2, so I have very little experience with the hi-tech wizardry of the 307 !
    The horn actually works (if you double press the lock button on key fob, for example, it sounds) but not when you press the centre of the steering wheel. So I suspect the problem is with the button contacts ,,,
    any help appreciated ..

Advertisement

You're supposed to press either side of the steering wheel (where the horn symbols are), not the middle...

Try that instead and see if it works! I assume you have a car alarm fitted?

Cheers

Tadpole

Default yup

yes, have pressed horn all over ! no good ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dudsub
    yes, have pressed horn all over ! no good ...

This sometimes happens post com2000 replacement... Cause by incorrect aliment of airbag module..In my experience this Is fixed by removing and refitting the module.

OR the horn unit is screwed...

As your car is 2002 and may be outside factory warranty... check for any outstanding service actions at your dealer...

Good luck..

Lee.
    "The anti-christ has been with us for a long time, he mean's business..... BIG business"

Icon4

Quote Originally Posted by Dudsub
    Howdie,
    have just acquired a 2nd hand Peugeot 307 XSE (2002). All sweet so far, except for horn not working ... Does anyone know if this is a common problem? And whether the fix is likely to be expensive...?
    My other car is a 1954 Triumph TR2, so I have very little experience with the hi-tech wizardry of the 307 !
    The horn actually works (if you double press the lock button on key fob, for example, it sounds) but not when you press the centre of the steering wheel. So I suspect the problem is with the button contacts ,,,
    any help appreciated ..
    How recently did you purchace? Horn is required for RWC, take it back to vendor to fix.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Tadpole

very recently ... and a very good point , will dig out safety certificate to see if it was marked....
    cheers

Thread Information