Great new 307, just don't lock the doors!
  • Register
  • Help

Default Great new 307, just don't lock the doors!

Picked up a brand new 307 XSE wagon today, took the kids for a drive, pressed the nifty central lock button on the dash and the rear passenger window opened all the way! Figured it must be some new design feature to make sure kids can escape in an emergency but couldn't find any mention of it in the manual.

Got the car home, took the kids out (manually) and pressed the remote central locking button on the key -- and the rear passenger window opened all the way. Figured it must be some new socially minded enhancement to make removal of the sound system easier, but couldn't find it in the manual.

So, car back to the dealer tomorrow to get fixed.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Erboz
    Picked up a brand new 307 XSE wagon today, took the kids for a drive, pressed the nifty central lock button on the dash and the rear passenger window opened all the way! Figured it must be some new design feature to make sure kids can escape in an emergency but couldn't find any mention of it in the manual.

Got the car home, took the kids out (manually) and pressed the remote central locking button on the key -- and the rear passenger window opened all the way. Figured it must be some new socially minded enhancement to make removal of the sound system easier, but couldn't find it in the manual.

So, car back to the dealer tomorrow to get fixed.

welcome to the wondeful world of 307's... while you're at the dealer, get them to check that it doesn't leak when it gets wet, check the coms2000 and check that it handles like a toyota corolla ... enjoy your new found love

XTC

Another undocumented feature ... they'll just reset the computer.

- XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

all these new peugeots are a ****ing joke, im so tempted to buy something new but everyday new threads are popping up about the most stupid of problems that it makes you wonder how shit peugeot is.

Makes me wanna get a honda

This is a really simple fix, but unfortunately I can't remember the sequence of events one must take.

It's basically caused by someone leaving the window down for longer than the 30 minute "economy mode" can handle (most probably the dealer whilst it was at the showroom) - and the car gets a severe case of multiplexitis and can't remember whether up is down or down is up

I think you have to put the key to position one (ie. the accessories posn) and select up on the window and hold the up switch for 10 secs, and then turn the key off, but I honestly can't remember the correct sequence

It's a pity, as it would save you a trip to the dealer.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

This problem is quite common... fact is in most case's it results in the replacement of the BSI.....

Good Luck...

Lee.
    "The anti-christ has been with us for a long time, he mean's business..... BIG business"

If you learn how to do the fix, can you post it up? A very complex vehicle! No problems with mine though.

p.s. for more help on 307 stuff try
    peugeot-307
    Last edited by richardhayward; 10th December 2004 at 02:04 PM.
    '04 307 XSE Touring Auto - Diablo Red
    '06 206 C Auto - Diablo Red

Similar thing happened to me yesterday in my 307 - it was hot so I wound all the windows down about half way, then a couple of hours later when I went to go out, I started her up then attempted to close all the windows, and all the windows wound up, then reopened to the half-way mark!

Pretty weird, but all I had to do was close the windows again and they all worked fine.

Cheers

Couldn't have said it better, jester_fu! As soon as you start mixing microchips with sparkplugs, you're dealing with a computer and not even almighty Bill has managed to straighten those things out yet.

The good news is the dealer was super responsive, gave me a loaner while they checked it out and has insisted on replacing the whole computer just in case.

If anyone does know the sequence for "resetting" the computer, it would be great to know (the dealer could also use the advice).

Looking forward to getting my new car, again, and just hope the rain sensing wipers aren't going to mess with the volume on the stereo.

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    all these new peugeots are a ****ing joke, im so tempted to buy something new but everyday new threads are popping up about the most stupid of problems that it makes you wonder how shit peugeot is.

Makes me wanna get a honda
    I've seen 3 honda S2000's broken down on the side of the road recently. I still would love to own one regardless.
    1990 series 1, 405 Mi16 <-- Sold
    1998 Nissan 180sx TypeX, 2lt, rwd Turbo.

Icon8

Quote Originally Posted by Erboz
    Couldn't have said it better, jester_fu! As soon as you start mixing microchips with sparkplugs, you're dealing with a computer and not even almighty Bill has managed to straighten those things out yet.

The good news is the dealer was super responsive, gave me a loaner while they checked it out and has insisted on replacing the whole computer just in case.

If anyone does know the sequence for "resetting" the computer, it would be great to know (the dealer could also use the advice).

Looking forward to getting my new car, again, and just hope the rain sensing wipers aren't going to mess with the volume on the stereo.

Resetting the windows as you all keep saying has nothing to do with the fault being posted here... it's is a KNOWN fault triggered by the central locking system on the VAN network... N/s rear window seem's to have a mind of it's own.. it's related to a fault within the BSI as such the ONLY way of fixing THIS problem is to REPLACE the BSI.... (computer)

The Bloody dealer knows this and as such should, by instruction ,have the friggin BSI in stock.....!!!! "we'll change it just in case... " shit..! "we'll keep your car over night..." it's the only way to fix it ......and they know it...!!! F#@*in Great... how about stock control.... ????!!!

resetting the windows..... (wont fix a problem, just reset's window stops)

1. Turn ING to ON.
    2. Lower selected window to lowest point then hold the botton down for five seconds...
    3. Raise window without triggering the autolift function..
    4. Once closed hold botton up for five seconds
    5. Window in now reset..

Good luck Lee.
    "The anti-christ has been with us for a long time, he mean's business..... BIG business"

Sheesh!

Relax J4RS, we are not all Master Techs after all.

I made a suggestion, and someone else mentioned an experience that was similar. I don't think any of us were going on about it, or discounting your post.

I believe you, the BSI was the problem, but it doesn't hurt to try a simpler fix in the interest of troubleshooting

As for stock control, who knows what the bean counters are thinking - stock sitting on the shelf gathering dust is costing us money or some silly rubbish like that. Try running an airline with no spares

P.S. Thanks for posting info on the window reset procedure. That sort of thing can be quite helpful
    Last edited by SLC206; 10th December 2004 at 06:04 PM.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

P.S. Thanks for posting info on the window reset procedure. That sort of thing can be quite helpful [/QUOTE]

Drug's not working.........

sorry Lee.

Leo
    Tadpole

I have had a 307 HDi for two years and two months: nothing has gone wrong, not a bit, nothing at all. The car is a delight. Not a squeak, nothing loose. I really like the handling and the ride. I haven't driven the latest Corolla, but as a passenger in one, I found it rocked about, while the 307 was controlled and always a pleasure to punt.

Default New Pugs

You have to laugh, I guess, but it is a problem. I wondered as I scratched my scalp, maybe these cars are green.

I got a '91 Toyota, call it the Toycar, she's a real beaut, red and rusty, rattles a bit too , maybe I should call the Red rattler( no that name is tenderly reserved for m' old 203). I have the 404 as backup
    Good luck with new Pooge.

Thread Information