remote central locking
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    LONDON/ UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    9

    Icon5 remote central locking

    hello,
    in the 205 1.9 gti there is a sensor by the map reading light, how do you remove this central unit as there is a frequency on the underside of the sensor unit which can be sent to peugeot to obtain a remote key for the central locking system. this should stop the key scratching the door @ night.

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Cub
    Cub is offline
    Member Cub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    82

    Default

    ...I've got a similar question but rather my remote control doesnt seem to work properly. It has new batteries but doesnt help.

    Anyone know of a common problems that I might be able to look at and restore the "blip, blip" to my "beep, beep"
    CUB

  3. #3
    Gone Fishin' Haakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    canberra...
    Posts
    8,751

    Default

    a new remote, coded to your car, from Peugeot is silly money. Go to Jaycar, buy a remote control for central locking for $70 and wire it in. Very easy to do, and its better than the Pug one anyway, cause it is radio, not infra red (ie it will work form further away and in your pocket rather than requiring line of site with the pick up)

  4. #4
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cub
    ...I've got a similar question but rather my remote control doesnt seem to work properly. It has new batteries but doesnt help.

    Anyone know of a common problems that I might be able to look at and restore the "blip, blip" to my "beep, beep"
    The plip for my XM was a non worker for the whole 3 years I have owned the car, until....

    At a recent tech day, one of the ccc of nsw members who is clever with a soldering iron, reheated all the joints on the plip circuit board to eradicate dry soldered joints. It has worked perfectly ever since.

    You will need a fine soldering iron and an illuminated magnifying glass. Took this person about 30 minutes to do the job. I will not reveal his name as he may be bombarded with requests.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  5. #5
    Gone Fishin' Haakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    canberra...
    Posts
    8,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    The plip for my XM was a non worker for the whole 3 years I have owned the car, until....

    At a recent tech day, one of the ccc of nsw members who is clever with a soldering iron, reheated all the joints on the plip circuit board to eradicate dry soldered joints. It has worked perfectly ever since.

    You will need a fine soldering iron and an illuminated magnifying glass. Took this person about 30 minutes to do the job. I will not reveal his name as he may be bombarded with requests.

    Hmmm sounds like its worth a shot with the R25 PLIP, which worked fine up until recently. Sender seems okay, with new batteries and lights up its little red light and all, but no locking. Might have to try a little soldering work on the pick up module....

  6. #6
    Cub
    Cub is offline
    Member Cub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haakon
    a new remote, coded to your car, from Peugeot is silly money. Go to Jaycar, buy a remote control for central locking for $70 and wire it in. Very easy to do, and its better than the Pug one anyway, cause it is radio, not infra red (ie it will work form further away and in your pocket rather than requiring line of site with the pick up)
    Has anyone done this to a 205 s2 before? Just after some advice before I start messing with Electricals
    CUB

  7. #7
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haakon
    Hmmm sounds like its worth a shot with the R25 PLIP, which worked fine up until recently. Sender seems okay, with new batteries and lights up its little red light and all, but no locking. Might have to try a little soldering work on the pick up module....
    Note that with my plip the light would flash briefly like it was working, whereas normal operation is a long light. When you consider what happens with the plip it gets a lot of knocking about and twisting (esp as you turn the key in the ignition) and wears out the board.

    The pickup in the car is usually not the fault. (which is just as well because a replacement is in the $400 vicinity)
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  8. #8
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    LONDON/ UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    9

    Default frequencies

    if the frequency is known a new key can be tuned to work for £50 fr peugeot, or once you know the frequency i`m sure there are others who will do it 4 a lot less. the frequency can be found on the inside of the sensor by the interior light. but how do u remove the unit?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •