Bought a 206GTi!
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Bought a 206GTi!

G'day all!

Just joined this forum because today my family bought a new 206 GTi for my sister . Found a great deal on a Moonstone 04 model at Regan motors Balwyn Melb. Still very surprised because we hadn't looked at the 206 GTi until we saw a 03 model at the VW dealer 2 hours earlier! Was actually planning to look at the new Golf (which looks great) or Polo but coming from a Honda Prelude VTiR (written off ), my sis wasn't impressed with the 1.6 motor in either (weren't going to fork out 35k for the 2.0 golf). She drove the 206 GTi next and thought 'ahhh that's better' but we weren't offered much of a deal so we headed over to Regan and wow! $28,990 drive away special - 2 only! Was even cheaper than the one at VW! Figured we must be onto something good (please tell me if I'm mistaken!) and within an hour we had signed the papers - after some further negotiations on a trade-in . The guys there were tops! Louis and Glen were great to deal with. Very friendly and professional throughout, which is why we bought a car there so amazingly quick.

Anyway here I am searching the net for a community to learn more about a car we've just bought! Definitely not how I had imagined it'd be- I normally do a lot of research beforehand But being the car nut that I am, I knew the basics of the GTi - excellent handling, decent 2 litre engine but just unsure about the quirks of a French car and the reliability (first one in the family after all). I did a test drive and the engine does pull quite well, especially around 4000rpm. Handling was also very solid. Can't wait till its run in and I take it up some twisties . Might even be able to keep my Type R honest ( ).

Advertisement

I'll be sharing some pics when we take delivery on Friday. Looking forward to hearing and sharing the Peugeot ownership experience here!

Cheers
    Andrew
    Last edited by itr025; 5th December 2004 at 03:12 AM.

Congrats to your sister on the new pug. Sorry about the Honda but welcome to the wonderful world of owning a Peugeot.
    She is going to love every minute driving the car and it sounds as though your foaming at the mouth to get your hands on the little beasty. Just remember to give it back.
    My own experience with pugs is limited but I'm sure there are many people who are willing to share the joys of owning a French car.
    It's great to see another female driving a Gti, don't know what the exact numbers are but there needs to be more of use on the roads.

nlq206

Quote Originally Posted by nlq206
    It's great to see another female driving a Gti, don't know what the exact numbers are but there needs to be more of use on the roads.
    No complaints with that, other than i keep my eyes off the road for a few seconds.

Congrats on the purchase! the 206 GTi is a great car.

If your after some specific 206gti info dont forget to check out http://206gti.net
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Tadpole

Yeah really looking forward to trying the pug. And I'm sure my sister will have no complaints handing over the keys, considering the Prelude she totalled was mine! (being also my first car ).

http://206gti.net is gold!

Cheers fellas!
    Andrew

Thread Information