505GTi sunroof...problem
  • Register
  • Help

Default 505GTi sunroof...problem

Hi, Guys.
    OK..It had to happen. The sunroof electric motor works, the roof slides open, but won't close. I can push it by hand to almost closed but not all of the way. Needless to say, when I looked in the glovebox for the manual turner, it wasn't there. Help needed as it's gonna rain here in Tassie on Monday!!

Peter.

Advertisement
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

you say that there is a manual winder?,could you use a screw driver or small knife or similar instead?,if the electric sunroof in my 205gti wont open it has a plastic square pull tab on the roof lining above where the rear passengers heads would be that disables the clutch in the motor so you can open it or close it if its stuck[thankfully it hasnt happened.]
    .try no to force the roof closed in future its not good for the motor.that might be the problem
    failing closing it get out a thick long garbage bag and put it on the roof and tuck it in the doors before closing them so wind wont blow them off.watch out when opening doors if the bag is wet as it will run inside the car .
    this works as up until recently one drain channel was blocked and in heavy rain it would well up and leak slightly in to the car.i would do this if a storm would start as it takes about a minute to do.,good luck-BAZZ

Default Manual sunroof winder

Thanks for the reply, bazz....
    The sunroof motor is in the boot on the right side. The cable is very long! The Haynes workshop manual is typically helpful in situations such as this by advising the owner not to touch it and to take it to a local Peugeot dealership. In NW Tassie??? Forget it! The manual does, however, give an exploded diagram of the sunroof end of things. Looks a trifle complicated. I would assume that removal of the headlining is necessary as all of the components are between it and the metal. Even if I could get a hold of a key to manually close it, I doubt if this would be a solution as the motor tuns but the roof doesn't close. For me, just shutting it is an essential but stop-gap measure. I like my cars to operate as the should...especiallly a fine piece of engineering like a Peugeot!
    Any similar experiences (and hopefully solutions) from other members would be greatly appreciated!
    Peter.
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

Default key

Tas, surely something out of a quater drive socket set would double as a temporary key, softly,softly.

cheers ed ge

Thread Information