help me please
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: help me please

Icon5 help me please

A few bits from the 205 that i am building that i am scratching my head about

pics 1,2,3 what are these 3 parts and where do they go??? i was thinking aircon but i not sure..

pic 4 next thum is a couple of plugs from the s3 loom that are right in close to the firewall. can anyone tell me what these are used for?

pic 5 next thum has a blue plug that goes on the back of the instrument pannel and thae white plug was on the s1 loom... bue nowhere for it to go on the s3 loom. any ideas?

pic 6 finally is a bolt that will hold the gearbox on. (am i ment to use the bolts with the hexagonal head and long thread of the ones that u use an alen key to undo?? (forgotten the propper names) the problem with this particular bolt is that the hole in the gearbox that it will go through is wider than any of the holes that the others have??? it is not as wide as the holes for the locating sleve things (no idea what u are ment to call them) that a few of the other bolts have and it is this width right through the gearbox housing and part the way into the enging block. where the bolt holes with the locating sleves are only wider than the bolt part of the way into the gearbox housing and part of the way into the block. anyone know what the deal is here???

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help me please-barbelias0001.jpg   help me please-barbelias0002.jpg   help me please-barbelias0003.jpg   help me please-barbelias0006.jpg   help me please-barbelias0007.jpg   help me please-barbelias0004.jpg  

Last edited by amcc; 1st December 2004 at 04:23 PM.
    French - 92 205mi16, 87 205gti and spares
    Other - Amarok V6, Iveco Daily 50C17, Isuzu 600

continued...

pic 1 the hole in the gearbox housing described above

pic 2 round rubber thing that holds the side of the bumper on. do i need one of these on the other side??

pic 3 how important is this seel on the steering column??

pic 4 the current car

pic 5 the car on the way

pic 6 the view (that is looking east is from the garrage. the bigg hill covered in trees centre of the pic is mt franklin which is about 12kms out of daylesford in central vic. yes that is the place where the water comes from)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help me please-barbelias0005.jpg   help me please-barbelias0011.jpg   help me please-barbelias0012.jpg   help me please-barbelias0009.jpg   help me please-barbelias0010.jpg   help me please-barbelias0008.jpg  

Last edited by amcc; 1st December 2004 at 04:39 PM.

pics 1,2,3 what are these 3 parts and where do they go??? i was thinking aircon but i not sure..
    1. AC condensor - between radiator and fans
    2. AC evaporator - in the heater/demister unit
    3. AC dryer - behind RH head lamp

pic 4 next thum is a couple of plugs from the s3 loom that are right in close to the firewall. can anyone tell me what these are used for?
    no idea

pic 5 next thum has a blue plug that goes on the back of the instrument pannel and thae white plug was on the s1 loom... bue nowhere for it to go on the s3 loom. any ideas?

tacho and coil

pic 6

Correct bolts. There should be a dowel in the RH hole

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

pic 2 round rubber thing that holds the side of the bumper on. do i need one of these on the other side??

Yes

pic 3 how important is this seel on the steering column??

Very. Get a new one

pic 6 the view (that is looking east is from the garrage. the bigg hill covered in trees centre of the pic is mt franklin which is about 12kms out of daylesford in central vic. yes that is the place where the water comes from

I was in Daylesford/Hepburn Springs all last week. Interesting place.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Correct bolts. There should be a dowel in the RH hole[/QUOTE]

do u mean RH in the picture? and is a dowel one of those little sleve things that sits inside the gearbox housing and block and around the bolt? if this is what u are refering to it is currently sitting in the gearbox housing.

does that bolt centre of the pic need anything around it??? or is it just not as tight as the rest??

looks like it is off to the wreckers to find that bit for the bumper and i think it will have to be peugeot for the seel on the steering column as european auto imports didn't have it

thanks for the help

what u doing in the ford?? i went to school there and have had to come back as my old next-door-neighbor had the only spot for the project to sit

yes dowel or sleeve. There should be two, one on the top right looking from the gearbox, the other below the starter motor. There's only two possible holes for them to go in.

Dalesford is a strange place. There seemed to be lots of alternates sitting around sipping Lattes. My wife was at a conferance.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    yes dowel or sleeve. There should be two, one on the top right looking from the gearbox, the other below the starter motor. There's only two possible holes for them to go in.

Dalesford is a strange place. There seemed to be lots of alternates sitting around sipping Lattes. My wife was at a conferance.

got both the dowels. thanks for the advice.

it is a funny place. nice too but definaterly funny.

anyone got any ideas on my other problems?
    help would be nice.

Thread Information