Alarm Problems
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Alarm Problems

Tadpole

Default Alarm Problems - Help Appreciated

Hi folks

Advertisement

thanks again for the help with my last problem. I have a 1999 306 which has a defender 3 alarm fitted by peugot. Recently the alarm has started to go off without any apparent reason. There seems to be no pattern to it. It may be a weeek or so in between each time it goes off or it may go off several times in a day. I took it to PEUGOT and without looking at the car they said the defender3 alarms aren't made any more so it will need a new alarm. This seemed a little premature to me so I said I'd get back to them.

Is there any chance it could just be a loose wire or something

Any suggestions gladly appreciated

Ben
    Last edited by cooper_ben; 1st December 2004 at 02:45 AM.

Tadpole

If its the same alarm as they fit to the 106gti then its the ultrasonics inside the car. They are vry pone to filure causing the exact sympton you describe. I believe there is a way of disabling them.

Default AAAAAARRRRHHH BEN & BOY WITH LETTERS IN NAME

Howdy guys, couldn't resist the temptation to take the piss out of Ben's first post, ripe for the picking as is was, what with Ben reversing his name and seeking assistance from the opposite side of the planet, about such a back the front problem. And being three in the morning and a full moon here. Pleased to see that the problem was solved so readily. Please continue to post and the friendly Aussie Froggers, me included, will continue to be interested and helpful as appropriate.

Cheers cobbers, edgedweller.

Tadpole

Thanks again R1CH1E, will try to find out how to disable the ultrasonics. If this is the case does it not mean the alarm is knackered and in need of replacement?

Tadpole

Edgedweller - no offense taken. How's life in Adelaide? Iwas there a few months ago

Default Adelaide

Much the same as ever Ben. Certainly the weather's warmer with us all frying last week with 4 days in a row in high 30's, followed last night by pounding rain and electrical storm. The locals seem to be loosening up for upcoming orgy of christmas shopping, parties etc. Would you believe the Eagles did two shows here Sunday, Monday (see ancient history/ west coast american AOR eg. Hotel California) got the music dinosaurs out, traffic jams around the Entertainment Centre on Port Road. Local murders still popular in courts and the press. And basically the rich are as happy as hell and the poor just keep dragging their asses around. I'm driving drag taxis and hating it. And my 403 is about due for major drive line rebuild, big end knock at startup, clutch, gear box oil seal, and diff swap, keeps one active. My kid is twelve and wants to go to the Slipknot/ Greenday concert, had to happen sooner or later, I would have preferred later, say 16, but what can a fellow do, damn me for encouraging her interest in music. What's your connection here? or just backpacking through? Your thoughts on what you observed/ perceived of Australia would be of interest to at least a few of us, feel free to write.

Happy motoring fella, edgedweller.

Tadpole

Edgedweller - I was working in Melbourne for 6 months and then spent a few months travelling around Australia. Adelaide was one of the many places I visited. I really liked Australia and seriously considering emigrating. I'm a nurse so apparently wont have too much difficulty getting back in.

Started in Perth. Really liked it, very pretty city but a little too far away from everywhere else. Spent a few days in Margaret River which was loveley. It reminded me of the south of france. Then we flew to Sydney. Good place but your typical metropolis - fast pace etc. Then Melbourne which I have to say was favourite place (as a place to live and work) but maybe that's because I spent more time there than anywhere else. Very cultured and cosmopolitan and maybe the unpredictable weather reminded me of home. Managed to get to Tasmania for a couple of weeks during my time in Melbourne and loved it.

Then along the G.O.R to Adelaide. Only spent 5 days there as I had prearranged a 4wd tour from Adelaide to Darwin. Adelaide was nice but to be honest I'd done all I wanted to in the 5 days. Saying that I met alot of peolple who'd stayed there much longer and loved it.

The 4wd tour to Darwin was fantastic and to me that is what I expected from Australia, amazing scenery and lots of space.

I could talk about the trip all day but i'd bore you to death and I'm just on my way out but basically I spent the next 3 months on the east coast and then flew out from Sydney.

Default Travels

Ben, sounds as if you've seen more of Australia than most Australians. You're right about your chances of immigration, we're importing nurses from all over the planet and still need more. And about Melbourne too, great diversity and I suspect reflects was is the best of Australia, a unique mix of our colonial heritage, multicultural sophistication and true blue Aussie can do. Adelaide is a dying state at the end of a dying waterway and it amazing that it's survived so long considering the sort of country that surrounds it, with the exception of a few sweet spots, it will be interesting to see what's left here in 100 years. No doubt you had plenty of fun on the East Coast, the further north you go the more wreckless it gets. Tell us the rest next time your over here. There are many pressures in peoples lives to live to someones else's needs or expectations, should you get the chance to live your life for yourself you'll find no better place to do it in than Australia.

Cheers edgedweller

Thread Information