Please Help
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Please Help

Tadpole

Default Please Help

Hi folks

Advertisement

new to forum but would appreciate your help. Have 1999 306. The front windcreen washers recently stopped working and I don't know why. Have checked the filling container and it appears to be full so I guess it's not due to a leak. Funnily, the back windscreen washer still works and now works when I try to operate the front windscreen washer. Any suggestions much appreciated

Default AAAARRRGGGGHHHH Ben

it be the dark time on the other side of the world now and they only lets trolls and heathen things like me out at this time because we is all backward here a bit lik your name or your problem with your carrr but meybe you is makin barrels and I only make joke for fun and meybe your carrrr has to poo when you wantr it to weeeee but i be thinkin that you got gremlins there to laddie i be glad that tyou've got no leaks but i think you've got not pump up front like makes it hard wit tha girlieees don it, thats me joke again and i d be thinkin that teh gremlins don took the thing from the front and put it at tha back but im no mechaniccs like and you shouild go out and yell at hem for a bit and see if that don help an if dat dont help then ye should be lookin tothe good book for assistance from lord god hiself O Mighty Peugeot in form of repair manualkalled wiring diargram and see if this at all posible to have poo power come on wehn press wee button thiks it unlikely yell at kremlins for few more times. have you got stuff we call beer, very good help when yelling at gremlins end other thins now thinkin not to go to dodgy guezzer round back alley wit lockup and no name or sign ion door but go to auto electritian proper like sign overalls full ticket stuff ( dont yell at htis bloke) ask nice humble if he wont lok see unnerstand fix problem you give plenty spondoolicks happy feelows all around it be daylighrt maybe sunny no rain all happy but upside down you are we hot you cold snoew all that shit bettre fix it pronto tonto hahahahahaha poo when it should weeee velly funnuy other nice daylight people here come along soon and say hullo to brother pug and other nice things help to fix funny problem from wrong side planet england boyperson other side planet hahahaha

edgedweller

Tadpole

As the above post doesnt really make too much sense I'll hazard a few guess's for you. First guess would be the wires to the motor on the washer bottle are shorting out, is the car lowered or has big wheels? Only say that as they often rub where the wires are. Have a look at the washer bottle, is it 2 motors or the combined single motor? If its the single motor then it could be the motor for the front has packed up but unlikely as its somehow making the rear work. The line to the pump may also be blocked. Try reverse pressurising it. Take the pipe off at both ends, from the washer jet end force air down it with a bicycle pump or similar, see if it blows straight through. Have you checked all fuses are in tact as well?

Default AAAAARRRRRHHHH boy with numbersin name

silly problem other person wrong side of world with you, twoo bottles water yes, two electhinhy sircuts yes fat wheels sillyrub wirrs nogood thinkin blokked tubres for water blo throu har d ifr block at jet see other post hear two day ago yes wirre direkt battry to pump front go yes good no bad fuse? other? how elec power jump sircut front to rear pump? fatweels no circut combined under dash melt together manbe then bigger problem yes one bottle not thonkso no silly you look god book too seek commonality yes
    me think bakkward ben barrels try toput us inm make his funny not funny we only upside down not backwards show barrels i beleeve we have coopers beeer veryh good fo yellin at kremlinds and relaxing after servicing our vehicles which are mostly proper rear drive vehicles not like noisy sreeechy not like screecjhy tyre sounfd fwd shopping trolley all boys drive cant afford real car with reel whear drive like assies come on assie come on send your white fools out again we make them meklt in sun like last time and kok butt in tennis too.

edgedweller

ps other nice people say hello when sun come up will help youse get out of pickle barrel

Icon9

Matt.
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

hehe, this happened to me after somebody pranged me and i needed to replace the bonnet.

The hose that runs to the washers runs around the bonnet hinges, and was getting caught between them when closing the bonnet. Have a peek there...

Does the rear wiper wipe as well or jst spray when you flick the front washers?

Hope you find a fix!

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

under the front of the car where the washer bottle is you will need to stick your head in there and make sure the hoses are connected to the pump and connected to the correct outlets on the pump

there are two outlets on the pump bieng for front and rear

i made a mistake a while back when i had the front end off my car and put these hoses on back to front so when i went to spray the front it came out the back

if this is not the problem then it may be a problem in the pump itself
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

cooper_ben says that both front and rear controls lead to spraying the back window... so maybe it's a fiddle with the hoses somewhere, with both somehow being plugged into the line to the back?

Ben, has anything been pulled apart recently? If so, start looking there... I think trial and error will sort this out.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    cooper_ben says that both front and rear controls lead to spraying the back window... so maybe it's a fiddle with the hoses somewhere, with both somehow being plugged into the line to the back?

Ben, has anything been pulled apart recently? If so, start looking there... I think trial and error will sort this out.
    you would have to stick a joiner in the line to do that

on the pump you can clearly see the two outlets so even a dumbarse repairer couldn't stuff that one up

if the car hasn't been tampered with i'd say the bottom of the pump (plastic housing) has cracked and the water is going down the easiest route

the pump does sit very close to the road so heat will affect the plastic over time
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Tadpole

Icon7 Please Help

Hi Guys

thanks for all your suggestions, especially to R1TCH1E. The reverse pressuring with a bicycle pump did the trick and it seems to be working normally now.

Thanks again

Ben

So did you work out why turning on the front ones worked the rear?

If nothing was disturbed, I'd go along with the 'rambo's suggestion, there must be a crack in the pump there somewhere that only shows up under pressure.

Tadpole

Nothing to do with cracks, its just a badly designed pump. If it cant throw the water the way it needs it just builds pressure and forces it out the other way.

Oh, right, they must share it with a Renault...

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Oh, right, they must share it with a Renault...
    More than likely, it will be a Valeo design.

Thread Information