Servicing nightmares
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Icon8 Servicing nightmares

I have recently had the worst experience with Peugeot servicing, and I’d love to share it with you.

Two weeks ago I put my 180 in the in 10,000km service . I had a list of things I wanted them to check or repair. The list was:

1) Fix rattling drivers window, as it dropped the day I took delivery.
    2) Fix a loose cabin light switch
    3) Repaint front guard as it was scratched on delivery
    4) Replace bleeding oil cap.
    5) Fix shifter bush and check why the gearbox as it grids gears at high revs, causing the bush to fail twice.
    6) General service.

Peugeot took my car for 2 weeks until I finally got the call to pick it up.

I arrived to receive my car looking like it’d been bush bashed through Bourke. I was appalled and asked them to wash it considering I gave it too them perfectly clean. A small issue and on it’s own, nothing really to worked up about.

Once I got into the car, I went to place the itemised invoice into the manual sleave and decided to read it. It stated all the repairs I requested as completed, in full detail. I then close my car door to drive off and “bang!” The drivers side window made a huge sound, instead of fixing the rattle, they decided to make it about 5 times worse.

Advertisement

Driving off I had troubles changing gears, now my gear box grinds at lower revs than before. This problem is getting worse each day.

I get home and decide to wash my car properly, only to find that they did not repaint the guard at all… the scratch was noticeable as ever.

Realising that they did not fix any of the other faults, I thought I’d check to oil cap… I was surprised, they’d replaced. Only to find that when changing the filter, they had created a huge oil leak that has covered the bottom of my car with oil. Not only this, they had not tighten up the filter which I could move easily by hand. My car loses 2 litres a day.

As for the service, my car doesn’t start properly and when I turn the engine off, it takes a few seconds to wind down (timing out)

So in 2 weeks of repairs and servicing, all that had been done was tighten up a light switch and dirty my car. WTF!!!!!

To top it off after calling the service centre to complain, I was told by the service manager “sorry I had jury duty” What kind of excuse is that? Now I’ve been told that they don’t have time to fix their f#ck ups for a week and a bit.

Sorry Peugeot, I’ve had enough! After having 2 centre consoles scratched, I dash scratched, a door dinted and scratched and this recent experience I will never have a service there again. And will not be buying a 3rd Peugeot!!!!
    Last edited by pugrambo; 29th November 2004 at 11:51 AM. Reason: names removed

Go tell Peugeot Australia

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Was just considering that, it's a mater of finding the time.

My main worry now is... how much wear has my gear box gotten? And when I realised the car was leaking oil, it was down to less than a litre, if that. So how much wear has my engine gone through?

After saying that, I will definately contact Peugeot Australia.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blu180
    Was just considering that, it's a mater of finding the time.

My main worry now is... how much wear has my gear box gotten? And when I realised the car was leaking oil, it was down to less than a litre, if that. So how much wear has my engine gone through?

After saying that, I will definately contact Peugeot Australia.

that would be my course of action first thing

everything is documented so you have claims on the work or lack there of that has been carried out

the other thing you should have done was to take a pic of the car before you left the workshop

i know hindsight is a wonderful thing

i would say do not drive the car, contact peugeot aus and tell them your dilemma in detail

now i'd say you have notified the dealer of the problems you have with the car at times before it went in this time, if so then they should have that documented as well

it may be a bit of a shite fight but so long as the outcome is one you are happy with all should be ok

don't let this put you off another pug if it is something you like down the line as there is more than one dealer in the country

not all dealers are the same so don't let one that has given you less than satisfaction destroy your joy of owning a froggy car
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

"Total Quality Management"? Its something lacking now with bigger franchises seeking profits.
    I agree with "Pugrambo" that not all serviceagents are the same: I know of two who were recommended to me by and unnamed Peugeot Australia rep as being good.
    As a matter of history, I had my 404 serviced at Savilles many years ago and not knowing drove from Flemington to Manly with a noisy gearbox. The service bloke had left out the filler plug: thats because he had forgotted to replace the oil.
    Norm assured me that was unforgiveable and would replace the gearbox when I wanted it.
    That car went for many years prior to the replacement.( I declined Norm's offer by that time)..

Its a consumers market: shop around and if not happy contact the dealer principle personnally to discuss your concerns.

There's always Don Simonetta if you can drag him out of retirement.

Bon chance.

Phil

blu180... is this your car in your user pic??? because if it is your all ready being talked about at PAA.....

XTC

Yes it's a bit of a winge session, but I'd be pissed too. I only hope IF it's all sorted, that Blu180 lets us know the good as well as the bad.

- XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by J4RS
    blu180... is this your car in your user pic??? because if it is your all ready being talked about at PAA.....

Please elaborate?

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by blu180
    Please elaborate?
    mmm yes what is PAA (yes it's probably something simple that I'll kick myself for once it's spelt out .. Doh !!! )

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

can't say too much.... oh yeah,,, I can now! it"s all about CSI,,, when a dealer (the crap one's anyway) miss the mark or as in your case don't bother looking for it.They contact PAA for some other reason then give details of your complaint under the gise "I've got a nightmare customer he/she is never happy no matter what we do!!!" and in your case no doubt " He's modified the car rah rah ra and so on..." the basic head's up service manager ploy..thus weaking your position before you start and in some case's leaving their CSI pointing untouched... Your case is more common than you think...

My advise is to steer clear large multi franchise outfit's for anything other than buying a vehicle...(they can beat anybody because of volume) Big dealers with Big showrooms have Big overheads and don't like paying for trade's people.. tax friendly 16-18 year old's will do... I have no doubt in your case they wanted to do the oil + filter 10K and carry out the road hot lap is it a quick as my VK test. then, sort of fudge around trying to pass the parcel on the fix it part..usually for about a week car then drop's of the radar.. johnny 17 year tech is then asked "is that car fixed???" "err yeah" then they would contact PAA to try and get paint warranty... PAA say's bollock's damaged at dealer... sales people argue over which department paying for the repair...so your car sit's and waits... until you ring and grill the advisor who could'nt give a toss because "it's sales problem" as far as he is concerned now... so what dose he do???! Yes come and get your car sir... answers another call and dose not bother to tell the workshop... GOOD EH? ,,,, Look chief....There are some well informed pug head's on this forum and thier advise is given from year's of retail experience... go with the know..

You found a Good car ,,, so find a good service ...

Pug OZ ====== PAA

Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    mmm yes what is PAA (yes it's probably something simple that I'll kick myself for once it's spelt out .. Doh !!! )

- XTC -
    Well, I will go with the (fairly) obvious suggestion that it stands for Peugeot Automobiles Australia, no?

Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by J4RS
    can't say too much.... oh yeah,,, I can now! it"s all about .................................................. ...is given from year's of retail experience... go with the know..

You found a Good car ,,, so find a good service ...

I actually didn’t complain to the manager. I just bit my tongue and asked for it to be fixed politely, no mater how p!ssed off I was. I figured that I shouldn’t burn my bridges until it’s fixed.

My opinions changed over the weekend as I had a chat to one of my best friends who manages an Audi service centre. He made me realise that they should have said sorry and fixed it the very next day… not book me in, in two weeks and tell me it should be fine.

He said that realistically, Peugeot are liable to replace the engine and gearbox as there would be non-standard wear of the internal parts, caused by their mismanagement.

I'm writing a letter to Peugeot tonight. I'll let you know how I go.

Audi .... are well .. Audi ... and they are far more drilled operation... Piss one of thier far harder fought customer's off..and they all by BMW's at the golf club.....

Good Luck.... Address it to Grant Brackenberry ... he will see you right...

thanx

I can relate, we've had an absolutely woeful experience with this workshop as well. They also took our 307 for two weeks and then handed it back with none of the problems that we wanted fixed. They also did some minor panel beating and left trim not fitted properly and speakers not connected.

Crown Peugeot were a relative dream to deal with. Problems were solved quickly and well.

Quote Originally Posted by macquered

I can relate, we've had an absolutely woeful experience with this workshop as well. They also took our 307 for two weeks and then handed it back with none of the problems that we wanted fixed. They also did some minor panel beating and left trim not fitted properly and speakers not connected.

Crown Peugeot were a relative dream to deal with. Problems were solved quickly and well.

see it not all bad then..........

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    Well, I will go with the (fairly) obvious suggestion that it stands for Peugeot Automobiles Australia, no?
    I already said DOH !!!! Was thinking Sime Darby cause it's really ...
    Sime Darby Automobiles Australia Pty Ltd
    t/as Peugeot Automobiles Australia

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

Um,maybe ive misunderstood,but youve booked it to go back in in 2 weeks time at the same dealer?.

Goto another dealer,get them to do an inspection and note the oil all over the place,the scratched bumper,the loose filter,the gearbox grinding etc.Complain to PAA,attach the inspection paperwork.They will be just as pissed as you,because they are ruining their reputation AND the incompetent dealer would have claimed for the warranty work they didnt do.Get another dealer to do the warranty work.If push comes to shove and their incompetence has caused damage,you got a far better chance of getting it fixed if the people inspecting the car arent the people who are going to have to pay if its stuffed.The dealer who stuffed the service is gonna [email protected]#$ you around to try to avoid responsibility.

Icon4 House keeping

This thread has been temporarily closed for a little house keeping

As 'had' been pointed out by pugrambo and Ray Bell this forum does not condone the bagging of dealers and suppliers publicly - our view is that there are two sides to any story. On the other hand, favourable reviews are more than welcome, it then doesn't take too much to work out where not to take your car

blu180 has asked for advice in dealing with some fairly serious issues, let's keep this thread on topic - speculation is as damaging as naming the dealer, a PM or email to blu180 is maybe more appropriate if you have concerns as to who the dealer is.

Good luck with your battle blu180, please keep us informed you have some good leads to follow

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Tadpole

I have to say, having moved up to Sydney for three months, the service is atrocious. I can't believe how poor ASV and Peugeot are when dealing with a car that isn't less than a few years old.

The local mechanic ordered a brake light switch from ASV yesterday and at 1600 today, it had only just left. These are the same clowns who said they didn't have a clutch cable for the 205 - true, they didn't have ONE clutch cable, they had THREE. Or so my mechanic said (the less said about him the better).

I ended up getting the cable from Brisbane after very helpful phone calls to Auckland (!) and Melbourne. Sydney? Nah, mate, can't help ya...

Okay, rant over...

blu180 i hope you can get this problem fixed soon, did you raise the issues before you accepted the car from the servicing??

hope you reconcider a third pug, just cos of a bad apple.

have a read of this and possibly you will find someone better for the servicing, as i will...
    http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/.../message/36582

Just an update.

I choose not to complain to PAA, and have discussed the matter in detail with the service manager. He’s been great and they are fixing the problems tomorrow.

I’m looking forward to getting it done so I can enjoy my 180 once again. It’s kinda boring when it can’t rev harder than 3000prm in first.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Perth Service

I had a good experience with my 138 warranty work last week.

I had all warranty work carried out the week before, rattling exhaust and computer upgrade to fix a glitch in dash display. Then com 2000 gave up just after this.

I booked it in for Tuesday morning then a job came up so I rang Monday lunchtime and told Gerry I had to cancel. He said can you bring it around now which I did. Gave us a voucher for coffe at shop nearby and car ready in half an hour.

Graelin

Quote Originally Posted by Graelin
    Then com 2000 gave up just after this.
    What does this mean, exactly? Was the indicator stalk replaced? What were the symptoms? I haven't heard of the 307's COM2000 woes ever replicating itself on the 206.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information