Greeting from
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Greeting from

Tadpole

Default Greeting from

across the pond, just found a link to this site on www.frenchcarclub.co.uk
    Thought I would be so bold as to poke my head round your door and say hello from the UK.
    Good to know that the pugs are still going strong down under

What do you guys get up to in your cars? meetings, shows etc?? Also got any pics of any of your pugs moddified etc?
    I drive a 306 turbo diesel, currently being rebuilt after much work, she should now be running around 125bhp 190+ lbft torque
    A few work in prgrtess pics for you to laugh at
    www.pgacnortheast.co.uk/car/

Advertisement

Hi there... a shame nobody has responded since you posted...

We have all sorts of things go on here... there are strong Peugeot Car Clubs in most states and there are people who show their cars and go on organised drives.

Also, there's a small number... you'll read about them in the performance and motorsport fora... who modify them and go to the tracks for sprints etc.

The sales of 206s and 306s and 406s have been very strong, the make has made a real comeback in our market in the past few years.

But for me, the older cars with the drive through the back wheels are the ones I like. I guess I'll never have a newer Pug than the '82 wagons I have at the moment.

Fellow Frogger!

Icon7

Hi Ritchie,

Welcome to our forum, and thanks for the link to the "frenchcarclub" in the UK.

This time last year my wife and I were staying in your part of the world, down Totton way. The number of Peugeots and Renaults on the road in the UK (and elsewhere) is quite amazing.

I am like Ray, and prefer the Peugeot rear wheel drive heritage, and hence we own 2 x 505's, which are now a rare sight in the UK, except for the wagon (estate) version. I have a brother who has a UK imported 505 V6, which are also getting scarce, I believe.

How often does your club meet? I liked some of your attached pictures - interesting mods!

Cheers,
    Kim.

Of course, Tamworth's meagre RWD Pug population jumps by one some time next week... for several hours...

hi richie,

was your car featured in a recent issue of gtimag?

there was this navy turbodiesel 306 pushing pretty much the same horses. it had graphics on the rear sills, that read something along the lines of "doctor derv" or something close to that effect.

cheers and welcome.
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Tadpole

Hey, thanks for the warm welcomes. We meet every month in all of our regions (around 33) and also have a national show once a year which is called FCS (french car show). The show is an amazing day with 1/4 miles, 0-60 sprints, track action, 4x4 experience and all the usual ICE shows and trade stands etc. Last year saw around 5000 turn out.
    My car hasnt been featured and isnt really worth a feature, the one you refer to will be one of Gav's creation. Gav is the derv doctor and has created turbo dervs and HDI's that can beat the gti6 on the track!!
    We dont see too many 505's over here, although they were popular at the time british weather and road conditions take their toll quick so most cars die out. Luckily the 205 lives on being the hottest hatch ever
    I'm hoping to one day buy a 205 and use it for track days but first off I need to finish the pug sell my mondeo and give the AX to my mother in law.
    If any of you ever visit the UK please let us know your coming on www.peugeot-gti.net in the forums. I'm 100% that whatever region you visit i there is a meeting taking place someone would gladly take you along with them. Of course if any of you come over when FCS is on we would love to see you there.

Thread Information