205 Engine Mounts
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 205 Engine Mounts

Hi y'all,

The hits keep on coming :-)

Advertisement

Mechanic who fixed the clutch cable (see separate thread) reckons my engine mounts are buggered. Assuming they are (he adjusted the clutch incorrectly and told me 'that's how they are'...what, I can't get reverse cos that's how they are...?)

Anyway, assuming he's right, has anyone had this done recently? Just wondering how much it is to do. I have several thumbs and no brains, so I won't be doing it.

Cheers,

z.

G'Day,

If it is the top mount (drivers side), they are $70 from memory, and about 30 min labour.

If it's the bottom mount, then that is a barstard. New mount and bracket from memory was $300 from Pug Aust. You can just get the mount part, but pressing the old one out (for me) took 3 hrs for a machanic friend to do...

the other pain in the butt is you have to remove the drive shaft to change that mount. That in itself is time consuming.

I've heard a rumor that there is a 'trick' in changing the rubber part whilst the bracket remains on the car.. but its a rumor

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by zerogeewhiz
    Hi y'all,

The hits keep on coming :-)

Mechanic who fixed the clutch cable (see separate thread) reckons my engine mounts are buggered. Assuming they are (he adjusted the clutch incorrectly and told me 'that's how they are'...what, I can't get reverse cos that's how they are...?)

Anyway, assuming he's right, has anyone had this done recently? Just wondering how much it is to do. I have several thumbs and no brains, so I won't be doing it.

Cheers,

z.
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

the top mount rh side is- $38.14-peugeot
    lwr bush,tansmission mount-$19.58-euro auto imp
    bottom mount-$19.14-pug
    if you do the top mount make sure you get the rubber limiters each side of mount-$17
    usually about 30mins-1 hr for each install-BAZZ

Tadpole

Thanks guys. I am the worst mechanic on the planet, so I will be getting someone qualified. :-D

Cheers,

z.

Thread Information