Clear tail lights?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Clear tail lights?

Has anyone fitted the clear tail lights on their Pug?

If anyone has I'd like to see photos, especially if it's an Aegean 180 but any model would be good! I'm not sure if I've seen photos on here before but a quick scan found nothing for me.

I have seen them on two 180's so far. On a black and on a silver one. I have to say that IMO they looked good on the silver one, but I wasn't such a big fan of them on the black. I'm curious to see what they'd look like on other colours and models.

Advertisement

On a side note the detailing guys at the dealership told me someone here in Melbourne had different head lights fitted. Apparently they're set up like 4 spots on the front like some of the Tickford XR type Fords that are going around. Has anyone seen these? Any feedback?

Thanks
    Nick

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

you mean something like this

if you go here you will find a few kits
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    you mean something like this

if you go here you will find a few kits
    Probably, I didn't see them myself I was just told about them.

Thanks!

You'd be after Paul, from Autoparis which is in Melbourne, for these sorts of bits. I'm sure he'd be able to supply you with pictures (or maybe even some real cars), for you to look at.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

I have clear lights fitted to my car...

heres one pic i got:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clear tail lights?-1back206.jpg  
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

I'm not a big fan of the lexus "chromie" style lights. Personally I think that they look cheap - espescially when they are popping up on every 2nd lancer, commodore etc lately. (Don't take offense MR206 & others as taste is a personal thing )

I have however seen some LED tail lights for the 206 on ebay that dont look too bad (see pic)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....sPageName=WD2V

If you could get lights that were similar to those found on the 307cc (with a red background) I'd be interested to see how much they were as I reckon they'd look pretty good with the diablo red of my car.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    I'm not a big fan of the lexus "chromie" style lights. Personally I think that they look cheap - espescially when they are popping up on every 2nd lancer, commodore etc lately. (Don't take offense MR206 & others as taste is a personal thing )
    I have to agree. They look fussy, and I'm a big fan of simple & uncluttered lines. But that's my taste. I much prefer a clear casing if the light surrounds are dark. Like the ones on the upcoming Mazda 6 MPS, or the BMW 3 series compact (before recent facelift). I think that may work on a 206. The LED lights on EBay are pretty decent too. Again with the dark surround.

I saw a "riced up" black 206 GTi in Melbourne on Saturday arvo. It had the individual tail lights with black surround, instead of chrome, stainless steel grill mesh, gold 17" wheels, huge bi wing on the back, 4" tail pipe and angel eyes on the front.

I wouldn't know about interior or mechanical mods, but I much prefered my plain Jane silver stock 180

Yeah, I agree. Although you could hardly call the 180 understated, I am a big fan of understatment. As delivered the 180 looks evil, but not outrageous. That's what I like about it.

May I suggest you get a set of carbon fibre ‘Retro’ tail lights. They’d look great on a 180, as the carbon fibre would tie in well with the mirrors.

I wouldn’t bother trying to buy them from anyone here in OZ. You’ll find that you’ll be promised everything in the world, but it will take a few months to get here and will cost more than quoted. Order direct from the UK or Germany. I priced the ‘Retro’ lights at $235 AUD, (they are the most expensive on the market) and about $125 five day air freight. Just ask them to write ‘promotional goods’ on the customs form so you don’t have to pay duties. Even if you did pay duty, it’s be cheaper and faster.

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by NASSTY
    I saw a "riced up" black 206 GTi in Melbourne on Saturday arvo. It had the individual tail lights with black surround, instead of chrome, stainless steel grill mesh, gold 17" wheels, huge bi wing on the back, 4" tail pipe and angel eyes on the front.

I wouldn't know about interior or mechanical mods, but I much prefered my plain Jane silver stock 180
    yeah tha's Mervin's 206. He has spent a lot of moula on that thing

check it [url]www.autoparis.com.au
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Tadpole

Default Lights

Been wondering what the price was for the angeleyes projector style headlamps and the clear tailamps are as I came across for approx $750 for the headlamps and $400 for the tails (incl of shipping) Might be cheaper if the AUD keeps going up. They are E approved and there is the choice of crome or black inserts for both. Prolly could get them for $1000 if both are bought or if bought in bulk. Is anyone interested? I will post pics up if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by elfenstar; 29th November 2004 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elfenstar
    Been wondering what the price was for the angeleyes projector style headlamps and the clear tailamps are as I came across for approx $750 for the headlamps .
    September Redline has an ad with Angeleyes selling for 120 GBP. That's $288AUD. I emailed them and they said airfreight to Sydney was an extra 100 GBP. That totals around $530 AUD. If you get caught dodging duty, then add on 30%... that's $689 landed.

Check out that issue. May even have the same ad in the latest issue, not sure though.

Has anyone done, or know of someone who has, a conversion to Xenon?

My lights arent cheap!!

lol the only reason i didnt get the LED style are :
    a) cant find em here
    b) arent road legal!!

so I decided on my style...up close they look real nice
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

Sorry, didn't mean to imply they are cheap or ugly. They just aren't my to my taste.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Industrie
    Has anyone done, or know of someone who has, a conversion to Xenon?
    What do you need to know??

I had them fitted to my previous car, year 2000 GTI138!!

Sorry, didn't mean to imply they are cheap or ugly. They just aren't my to my taste.
    Ditto
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by hot_pug
    What do you need to know??

I had them fitted to my previous car, year 2000 GTI138!!
    Ummm anything, like price, where did you get them, where did you have them fitted, how successful was the converstion... The list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nick
    Has anyone fitted the clear tail lights on their Pug? Has anyone seen these? Any feedback?

Thanks
    Nick
    Pic attached was taken at Universe Motors in Richmond in Feb this year. Car was in for some treatment -- seem to recall it had some panel damage. Could've been inflicted by a "less is more" 206 fan who was outraged at the lexus lights or chrome console or CC twin Devil kit or the hot wheels or ... just a plain ol' opponent of this concept of good taste.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clear tail lights?-lexuslites.jpg  
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

Tadpole

Ummm anything, like price, where did you get them, where did you have them fitted, how successful was the converstion... The list goes on.
    I got mine from HK which cost around HK$3,500 (approx. Aus$600 depending on exchange rate). I am not aware anywhere around Brisbane that sells HID conversion kits. I actually fitted the kit myself as it is reasonably simple and I have done it before. The result speaks for itself. BTW, I have fitted them to the morette quad headlamp conversion on my 180.

Quote Originally Posted by mr bern
    Pic attached was taken at Universe Motors in Richmond in Feb this year. Car was in for some treatment -- seem to recall it had some panel damage. Could've been inflicted by a "less is more" 206 fan who was outraged at the lexus lights or chrome console or CC twin Devil kit or the hot wheels or ... just a plain ol' opponent of this concept of good taste.
    I actually don't mind the look of that Mr Bern (save for the chrome dash), although as already mentioned, I'd be hesitant to get the tail lights as every Lancer seems to have them.

I especially like the exhaust, as it's the original shape, and the new pipe has been molded into the bumper quite nicely.

Last edited by SLC206; 30th November 2004 at 04:17 PM.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Here's the email address to purchase all types of 206 tail lights and angel eyes:

[email protected]

delivery to OZ is 4-6 days

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

there is also a bloke in QLD called Nick watson that imports stuff as well

i don't know if he still does or not but he may be worth a try

he is a froggy member as well
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Quote Originally Posted by blu180
    May I suggest you get a set of carbon fibre ‘Retro’ tail lights. They’d look great on a 180, as the carbon fibre would tie in well with the mirrors.

I wouldn’t bother trying to buy them from anyone here in OZ. You’ll find that you’ll be promised everything in the world, but it will take a few months to get here and will cost more than quoted. Order direct from the UK or Germany. I priced the ‘Retro’ lights at $235 AUD, (they are the most expensive on the market) and about $125 five day air freight. Just ask them to write ‘promotional goods’ on the customs form so you don’t have to pay duties. Even if you did pay duty, it’s be cheaper and faster.
    Thanks Blu

Tried looking for pictures of the carbon fibre ones on AutoParis.com.au, Ecosse-Peugeot.co.uk and MSIOnline.co.uk.

MSI sent me to the Racer's Edge online store where there was something listed (99.99 quid on special!) but i'm not sure whether these are the ones that you suggested. The URL is http://www.theracersedge.co.uk/acata...ghts_1164.html Sorry, don't know how to post a URL as a link on the forum yet.

They don't look too bad, but I'd want to see the carbon fibre ones in a picture at least before I order...

And thanks peoples for all your comments and responses! Appreciate it!

Nick

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information