Which Blue is this?
  • Register
  • Help

Which Blue is this?

Hi, I'm a newbie here, and I've got a question on colour.

Which blue is this:

In Australia China Blue is the only blue available to us, however this looks lighter than China Blue - it's definitely an Aussie car (XS)

Which blue is this: - I like this one.

Which blue is this:

It looks somewhat darker than the other blue, and I'm not sure what it is - I'd like a blue a bit lighter than that. How many blues are available anyway, on the German configurator there is Eden Blue, China Blue, Poseidon Blue & Oriental
    Blue . On the UK configurator, for the LX, you can get Indigo Blue for nothing, and Indigo Blue for GBP275 - huh?

The problem I find with the online car configurators is that the colours don't really look that close to the real thing, especially when you're dealing with various shades of the same colour.

Hope the pics don't take too long to load up

Cheers,

Advertisement

Justin

[ 09 March 2002: Message edited by: Pug307 ]</p>

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Justin, Hi and welcome.

Isn't your question a little academic if only one blue is available in Australia? I think the differences you are seeing have much to do with the varying lighting conditions under which they were photographed. Your computer screen will never give you a true indication of colour, better to get along to your pug dealer and pick up colour swatches or see the cars in the flesh.

You should consider which colour will go best with your free, yes FREE aussiefrog.com sticker

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Hi,

I can see what you mean, but the thing is, I don't think you can ever trust Peugeot Australia when it comes to colour.

You look in the 206 brochure, and there are only six colours officially available - note, no solid red (don't know what the fancy name for it is). But the thing is, if you look at the brochure again on the GTI page, there is a solid red car there

Looking at the top & bottom car, the two colours are clearly different (don't think any computer problems will make any difference). Sahara Yellow looks the same in any picture I've ever seen for instance

There's always the simplest option. Go to the dealer I spose

Cheers,

Justin

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Thread Information