505 Door Rubbers
  • Register
  • Help
    liamwishart

505 Door Rubbers

Another tedious question: about six months back I became inspired and decided to replace the door rubbers on my 505. I picked up some non-genuine rubber that needed to be cut to suit. ďfine I say, canít be too hardĒ. HA! I made a bloody mess of it Ė especially trying to cut the angles to fit into the corners of the doors. Worse still, they are now starting to shrink and are no longer fitting properly. Iíve decided to admit defeat and put the old ones back in. Iím wondering if anyone knows of someone who makes moulded rubber to suit the car, alternatively, does Peugeot make genuine rubber for the 505?

Advertisement

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Hi,

this'll probably sound crazy but just go into your local clark rubber store with a bit of the original seal. You'll probably find they sell the exact same seal off the shelf by the meter.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Hi. I recently purchased some for my 504 from http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au
    Great service. 505 seals look to be the same profile (but come in various colours), and have those dreaded mitred corners at the top. It quietened down the road noise, but if it's wind wistles higher up the door, chances are it could be the 'bailey channel' seal around the glass. You could email the above about 505 bits - they have been into Pugs themselves and are helpful. I need to do mine on the 505 too soon. It's the small details like these that make the cars feel old prematurely.

Thread Information