Sydney Dealers
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Sydney Dealers

Tadpole

Default Sydney Dealers

Hi all!

I am a new member, currently in the final stages of buying a GTI-180. I do not have a trade in, and am looking to buy relatively soon (not super urgent).

The current plan is to either buy a new car, get a demo car, or buy a used car. At the moment I have not seen any compelling used or demo cars. Unless there is a big price difference I will probably just buy a new car.

I would like some advice on the Sydney dealers. From previous threads I understand that most people think the Arncliffe (rockdale) dealer is the best, and the Parramatta dealer is the worst. I was wondering what experience people had had with the other Sydney dealers (Surry Hills, Manly, Artarmon). I am also considering calling Canberra, Wollengong and Newcastle, in order to leave no stone unturned.

Advertisement

Any advice you guys can give me would be gratefully recieved. Hopefully I can be a fully fledged Pug owner / AF member soon!

not sure that you saw this thread yet or not, but there is a member of this forum thats currently trying to sell a MY04 GTI 180 my2004 Peugeot GTi 180 (5600kms)

I would like some advice on the Sydney dealers.
    The Parramatta dealer is the worst.
    I'll second that motion.

After sales service. Nil.
    Service Department. I wouldn't allow them to work on my pushbike.

I am also considering calling Canberra, Wollengong and Newcastle, in order to leave no stone unturned.
    Can recommend Allan Mackay in Moss Vale. 239 Argyle Street.
    (02) 48691100

Last edited by XM Mechanic; 1st October 2004 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Cause i'm new at this.
    Regards,

Garth.

Fixin' Cit's.

'19 308 GTi
    '15 DS 5
    '74 GS Convertisseur

In the family
    '51 Traction
    '08 C5 X7 V6

Previous ownership
    '95 XM V6 Series 2
    '96 306 XTDT

Quote Originally Posted by D-gti180
    Hi all!

I am a new member, currently in the final stages of buying a GTI-180. I do not have a trade in, and am looking to buy relatively soon (not super urgent).

The current plan is to either buy a new car, get a demo car, or buy a used car. At the moment I have not seen any compelling used or demo cars. Unless there is a big price difference I will probably just buy a new car.

I would like some advice on the Sydney dealers. From previous threads I understand that most people think the Arncliffe (rockdale) dealer is the best, and the Parramatta dealer is the worst. I was wondering what experience people had had with the other Sydney dealers (Surry Hills, Manly, Artarmon). I am also considering calling Canberra, Wollengong and Newcastle, in order to leave no stone unturned.

Any advice you guys can give me would be gratefully recieved. Hopefully I can be a fully fledged Pug owner / AF member soon!

i got my 206gti180 at Arncliffe i was very happy with everything, i got a demo because of trade in and also a very good price,they are on AF aswell 10/10 for them
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XM Mechanic
    I'll second that motion.

After sales service. Nil.
    Service Department. I wouldn't allow them to work on my pushbike.

Can recommend Allan Mackay in Moss Vale. 239 Argyle Street.
    (02) 48691100

moss vale is a good drive from sydney

my question is Garth, do you work at mackays ? in spare parts maybe ?
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    Yeah, Garth - can you get us cheap oil filters? I hear they're pretty expensive...
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Icon8

I got my 206 from Parramatta and they really suck, every time I decide to give them another chance they never cease to shock me with there stupidity (Sales AND Service). Just recently I got my Mum to pick up a light bulb (not hard you say). Told him I need a 206 Headlight bulb not a parking light bulb, he must have been trying to piss me off on purpose because he gave her a frickin parking light bulb??????????

I also recieved mail that they were releasing the 407, that week I went down to have a look and they said that they did have them on display, BUT had to take them of display as they werent allowed to even have them yet ?????????

Back to you...
    Daniel Djuracic

Ex UK spec 89 309
    206 XT 1.6 16V (Diablo Red)with Peugeot Lion in back windows

Tadpole

Thanks for the replies all.

I have seen the above mentioned vehicle, but I am not so sure about the blue color, I kind of had my heart set on silver.

I will be hitting most of the dealerships today, so we will see what happens. Luckily I am not in a huge rush to buy the car.

Fellow Frogger!

I doubt it is worth coming to Canberra, I know quite a few people here who's gone to Moss Vale for their new cars!

Quote Originally Posted by PUG309
    Told him I need a 206 Headlight bulb...
    Hmmm...headlight bulb - parking light. I can see where the confusion might lie

I also recieved mail that they were releasing the 407, that week I went down to have a look and they said that they did have them on display, BUT had to take them of display as they werent allowed to even have them yet
    There may be some truth to this story. I know someone that wanted to look at some at Alan Mackey, and was told that, yes they had some but weren't allowed to show them to the public yet. I found it strange when I heard it, as Peugeot on Crown already had a public launch the weekend before
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by D-gti180
    Thanks for the replies all.

I have seen the above mentioned vehicle, but I am not so sure about the blue color, I kind of had my heart set on silver.
    Yes, don't get the blue - it's way too common

There was a blue one in the showroom at Peugeot on Crown (Surry Hills) last weekend, so it may still be there.
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

My first post as a new member to this forum and also as the proud owner of a 206 Gti 180 which I picked up from the dealers yesterday

In Adelaide I can recommend Taylors the local peugeot dealer. I found them good to do business with. I got a silver 206 and am very happy with it, the blue is also a great colour. Who cares in the end what colour as long as it's a pug!
    Great forum guys lots of interesting stuff.
    Safe driving.

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    moss vale is a good drive from sydney
    Do you mean good as in "Fun and Scenic" or good as in "I wouldn't drive that far for a holiday"?

Ahh, the answer to both those questions is no
    Just happen to know of a few happy customers.
    Regards,

Garth.

Fixin' Cit's.

'19 308 GTi
    '15 DS 5
    '74 GS Convertisseur

In the family
    '51 Traction
    '08 C5 X7 V6

Previous ownership
    '95 XM V6 Series 2
    '96 306 XTDT

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    Yeah, Garth - can you get us cheap oil filters? I hear they're pretty expensive...
    Sorry Simon, I am unable to source "cheap" oil filters. However, I wouldn't consider OEM filters expensive.
    Regards,

Garth.

Fixin' Cit's.

'19 308 GTi
    '15 DS 5
    '74 GS Convertisseur

In the family
    '51 Traction
    '08 C5 X7 V6

Previous ownership
    '95 XM V6 Series 2
    '96 306 XTDT

What about apostrophes? They must be cheap.
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Autosports Prestige.................there the bomb....
    Staff are excellent and service even better..!!!

Very competitive as well

AJ at Parra no go

Ive had mine "Blue" since april and i gets a smile everytime i turn the key

My
    "Racing is life, Everything else is just waiting" Steve McQueen 1930 - 1980

Tadpole

Am expecting delivery of the new car next week! Silver, with tinting.

Thanks for the help and advice guys.

Tadpole

I bought the car from Autosports Prestige.

Why the gti-180? Well it is a pretty good mix of many things, performance, economy, safety, cheap insurance. I really like its styling. I think it is easily the best NA performance car for the price.

I am well stoked about ordering the car, will post some pics when it arrives!

I bought my silver 180 from Mildren's in Artarmon.
    The salesman(Richard) really knew alot about Pug's and was straight-forward with no bullsh#t.
    Service and Parts were also very helpful.

Strange how everyone loves Autosports at Arncliffe
    and everybody hates Asquith & Johnstone at Parramatta....
    The thing is they are both controlled by the same company......Trivetts
    Autosports are a branch of the Trivett group
    Amazing how the same company can be sooooo different 30KM's apart
    Parramatta is all about getting "bums in seats at any cost"
    Arncliffe is about service as is Mildren's at Artarmon

The bottom line is be careful dealing with Trivetts.....anywhere!!!!

Good luck
    '89 405 MI16
    '00 206 GTI
    '04 206 GTI 180

Quote Originally Posted by GTI145
    Strange how everyone loves Autosports at Arncliffe
    and everybody hates Asquith & Johnstone at Parramatta....
    The thing is they are both controlled by the same company......Trivetts
    Autosports are a branch of the Trivett group
    When Autosports first appeared it was part of the Trivett group. It is now a separate entity altogether - and it shows.
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

i'll tell you about a stroy about Autosports Prestige i rang them when the 180 first came out. i booked a test drive with them. i turned up at the time we made and he wouldn't let us drive the 180 without putting down a deposit on the car which was stupid it was right infront of me i was allowed to sit in out and look around it.

The next time it was a different 180 and i actually got to drive it this time but the catch was i wasn't allowed over 3000rpm which is a joke how can one test a sports car or listen to the motor without going over 3000rpm. so you know what we did went to straight to Peugeot on Crown got to test drive the guy was very nice offered us drinks and everything that a salesmans should do and that was it i needed up getting the 180. i was so tempted to go back to Autosports Prestige in my new 180 and just show what he could have had on his commision. if he just treated me with some respect.

the one in atarmon Alec Mildren Peugeot when i went didn't have the 180 but offered the gti for like a good 30mins for me to get used to the peugeot experince nice guy.

thats my feelings on the dealers. Crown seemed the nicest and it was helped buy a nice cappuccino.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    i was so tempted to go back to Autosports Prestige in my new 180 and just show what he could have had on his commision. if he just treated me with some respect.
    You should've

I think it would have been quite satisfying

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Quote Originally Posted by jester_fu
    It's truely amazing how much arrogance and what a lack of reading customers some sales people have. And then you get the guys who know that every customer is a potential customer, and you talk to them to find out how serious they are... not just hassle them for the sale! You'd think if someone is serious enough to drag their wife or GF car shopping, and drives up in a pug already, they'd have to already have met 60% of the genuine customer criteria...
    Yeah, I turned up to Autosports one day with my housemate (female), getting out of the Mi16, and they couldn't get to me fast enough. As it happens, they went to the wrong person, my housemate was looking for a 206CC.
    Care factor = -273.15șC

Marc,

There is a differnce between a test drive and a test pilot.

The 180 at the dealership is my personal car, my staff treat their demo's as their cars which is why people are comfortable to buy our demonstrators.

The only reason I can conceive as to why you could not drive the car first on the first visit was if we had sold our demo that day and the only car available was a new unregistered car.

In circumstances such as these we ask for a committment to that specific vehicle as it is not normal practice here to drive "new" stock.

As for the second incident, to be honest I don't think it is unreasonable to ask someone to be mechanically sympathetic to a brand new car. Again I am assuming that the demonstrator at that time was just registered.

Given the capabilities of the 180 the sort of test drive you may have wanted is best undertaken at Wakefield, Oran or the Creek.

We extend every courtesy to prospective buyers, if we have failed to meet your expectations I apologise.

For the record Autosports is not part of the Trivett Group, we bought the business from Trivett Classic in Oct 2002. The only connection with the Trivett Group is that I and a number of the staff here used to work there.

We are very much independent and proud of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To those who offered the kind words thank you, and Marc rest assured if you choose to use us for service you will be most welcome.I do not want to comment any further on the forum but you are welcome to call me on 0417 048 752 if you wish to discuss.

Regards
    Dwyer
    Dwyer

I guess you need to know the guys there at Autosports. They geniunely like and know their stuff about our beloved pugs. I met them at a defensive driving course and later that month, I brought a friend to them to buy a 206XT. "Dealer" and Brad remembered me and the whole sales process doens't feel like a sales process.

I think for most people, when they walk in to a car dealership for the first time, they already have a negative image/feeling of the place and the people and anything bad that happens, let it be big or small, will just re-enforce that idea.

Codgamer

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information