intermediate power s16
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default intermediate power s16

The other night when stopped at teh lights i heard sor off a humming sound comming from the back, thinking most likely its the fuel pump, hasnt happen since.

From last night i noticed at time the loss of pwer after about 2000rpm sort of like staters for 1000rpm before it takes off again, noticed this in gears 2,3 and 4.

Now would this be fuel pump related or one off those ignition coils on the wat out.

Any advice will be great.

Cheers

Advertisement

ImmyS16
    My S16 does this if its is really (below 10c) cold outside, or I buy crap fuel.
    Try puting some (trusted?) BP ultimate or Optimax and see how it feels.- Chris
    ... ptui!

Fellow Frogger!

I always use BP ultimate or optimax never anything else,

guess it just going to be one off those things to drive and till it stops then try and figure it out.

I did notice thow it only when i want to push teh car hard is when it happen but not all teh time.

So thats why im leaning towards ignition coil, since there is only one that hasnt been replaced in the last 4 years

.. yeah i always but the 98RON stuff too, but I got a fuel analyser (tablet el-chepo type) and pump fuels are pretty poor in quality control. I still get traces of LRP, water, funny detergents... etc.
    So while it seems safe enough to always buy Ultimate or Optimax, it dosn't mean that the particular station or batch of fuel you got is 100%. I had to get the analyser as I race very picky 2-stroke Rotax race karts, and I need to see how pump fuel is, in quality.- Chris.

ps, replace your fuel filter... and see w/h's.
    Last edited by CHRI'S16; 24th September 2004 at 10:11 AM. Reason: added PS.
    ... ptui!

Fellow Frogger!

Will have to give it ago just put some shell optimax in so will see how it runs

Cleaning out the garage a couple off weeks ago i found a new fuel filter, as im due for a service i guess ill throw that in as well.

Cheers

Thread Information