Help with wheels to suit 306
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Help with wheels

Im thinking of changing my alloys on teh 306, any one got ideas as to what will look good, i was chasing a deep dish rim, dont want anything bigger than 16 inch.

Any help will be great

Advertisement

what's the colour of ur 306?

Fellow Frogger!

black

immyS16
    I too own a ONYX black 95 S16. I have 17" wheels on it. But I had a hard time getting wheels. Having said that this was just over 3 years ago. Mine are sort of deep dished. Try to find a web site showing LENSO wheels and look for the MEAN6 wheel. That's mine but with a polished lip and gold spokes. Not every ones cup of tea, but I like 'em.
    Have you thought about peugeot 16" wheels like from the later 206 gti's? like CAL's Mi-16. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Fellow Frogger!

I have 16inch mak rims atm but just thinking of a change here is a pic off the car

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/att...achmentid=1597

Fellow Frogger!

Anyone know what BK Racing wheels are like

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by immy s16
    Anyone know what BK Racing wheels are like

Hey,

Try giving Paul at Auto Paris a call. I know he's in Melbourne but he has got some wheels there that are specifically designed for the weird offsets pugs have (inc Mi16's). I think postage would be around the $100 mark.

Haven't got the number but in Rowern Crt Box Hill.

cheers
    Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

personnally, I dont mind 15' rims with chunky tyres...kinda suits the nugget shape of the 306......dished rims also look very cool. I have some speedy rims on mine, mainly because it was hard to find wheels with the correct offset and they were heaps cheaper than Pug original wheels. BTW, the gold spoked, polished dish does look nice on black....depends on your attitude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with wheels to suit 306-my_pug.jpg  

Mmm corners, those rims do look really good on that!
    Immy deep dish is this seasons "hot" wheels! I know you had MAK wheels previously, have you looked at there other wheels, they have updated their website.

16" are good, in hindsight i wish i got 15" of mine, would make the steering a tad tighter, howerver 16" are still good!!

For a black car hmm white looks good, but yeah anything silvery grey deep dish looks hot girlfriend! If you really want a nice yet ricey touch go gunmetal or black !!

i've attached a pic of my rimz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with wheels to suit 306-mypug.jpg  

hi asanka,

i am new to this website and i think your deawoo lanos looks crazy with those rims. your wheels look massive wow! are those hubcaps 13s or 14s? what paint did you use to paint them beige? tell us where i can get a set. did you get them on sale at super cheap? did you use your staff discount?

cheers,

big fan
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Quote Originally Posted by pugjet
    hi asanka,

i am new to this website and i think your deawoo lanos looks crazy with those rims. your wheels look massive wow! are those hubcaps 13s or 14s? what paint did you use to paint them beige? tell us where i can get a set. did you get them on sale at super cheap? did you use your staff discount?

cheers,

big fan
    Thanks for your response, hey didn't i see you outside that club in bangkok, you said something along the lines of "$2 suckie suckie??" Yeah sorry dude, i dont 'swing that way'!

As for tips to improve the look of your holden barina, well dude, i dont know don't you philo's steal crap of other cars?? Well just go to your local macca's on a saturday night & steal what you can!

that was a shit comeback, man!hahaha

hey asanka, rock up to go-karts, and err bring that mate of yours, too.

oh yeah, re rims to suit 306s - man, i think thos old skool mutli-spoke oz tourismo rims look tough - you know just like the rims found on super touring 406s and A4s.

cheers and sorry to highjack your thread
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

oh yeah anything bbs or simons three piece looks tough as.
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

haha Pugjet are u filo? lol man Filo chics are hawttttttttt

Now u two Jabronis stop whoring this thread or ill have to join u

RE- 17" rims...they will sort of kill the nimble chuckable nature of ur pug but *** it they look good.

I used to have 17" rims but have been runing round on stocky GTi6 rims for a year now. Hopefully next week i can have my 18" rims delivered and then get sum $$$ so i can get them fitted (spacers and guard lipping)

As for designs...mmmm deep dish look hot on bigger cars. Hoestly big dish on small hatches just doesnt look right. A lil polished lip looks nice but leave deep dish to big jap cars and pimping Euro 4 Doors like mercs and stuff.

Heres sum pics of 17" rims on a 306...they look bigger than they are just get a good design as sum 17" rims look smaller than they are.

PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

Fellow Frogger!

oh yeah, re rims to suit 306s - man, i think thos old skool mutli-spoke oz tourismo rims look tough - you know just like the rims found on super touring 406s and A4s.

cheers and sorry to highjack your thread

Those are the exact rims i was looking at 16x7 and 4kg but at $500 a piece i dont know.

Thinking maybe to keep my MAK rims and spend teh money else where, Peter T cam sounds like a better option for $250

Have to have a few to thik about it

Kepp the ideas commin

that was a shit comeback, man!hahaha

hey asanka, rock up to go-karts, and err bring that mate of yours, too.
    Shit comback ya mum b*tch!!!
    I cant come for go-karts this time, you know i would though, im working graveyard shift at 7/11 dandenong with Khamal!!!!

Hey immy i looked at your rims just now & see no real need for you to change em, i reckon they look decent, they aint anything super special but still would look good on a 306. Personally man i'd use that 2k you would otherwise spend on rims on some that CAM work that Peter does+other go fast bits like a turbo timer, mad sticky tyres & a louis Vuitton handbag. All those mods would be better than a set of rims man, well i reckon anyway!!

Otherwise i'd save up and buy some OZ Racing superturismo's in white (me creams my pants)!!!!! I'd trade in my beyonce looking girlfriend for those rims

Asanka-out

WRCPUG i have to agree with you, if it is just for daily driving and you have your standard rims for hard driving then bigger rims like 17's look to poo

The rims you had on your car by ROH i used to have on my B4 Liberty when i sold it and i still think they are shit hot, however i wasn't aware they came in the right fitment for a Pug?

Where they a custom order in correct factory offset for car and stud pattern? Also did you have any dramas with them rubbing the rear inner guards in the 205 width before and/or after lowering (i know the fronts should be fine!)

Also i realise prices have come down since you got them but what did you pay for them with rubber (and what tyre supplied)?

Hope you can answer these questions cause i would love to get another set of them on my Pug this time in the same shadow chrome finish i had before but against a Chateau Grey should look awesome
    S16 ownership is like a fine french wine, perfection personified

Nearly the WHOLE ROH range can be ordered in perfect offset and stud patern to suit any if the current FWD pugs, I nearly bought ROH instead of me Lenso wheels.- Chris
    ... ptui!

Those are the exact rims i was looking at 16x7 and 4kg but at $500 a piece i dont know.
    Yes the OZ Supertursismo rims were my fav. I was going to get ither the Superturismo or Superlegara for my pug but they were going to cost over $800 each rim. Stuff that.

WRCPUG i have to agree with you, if it is just for daily driving and you have your standard rims for hard driving then bigger rims like 17's look to poo

The rims you had on your car by ROH i used to have on my B4 Liberty when i sold it and i still think they are shit hot, however i wasn't aware they came in the right fitment for a Pug?

Where they a custom order in correct factory offset for car and stud pattern? Also did you have any dramas with them rubbing the rear inner guards in the 205 width before and/or after lowering (i know the fronts should be fine!)

Also i realise prices have come down since you got them but what did you pay for them with rubber (and what tyre supplied)?

Hope you can answer these questions cause i would love to get another set of them on my Pug this time in the same shadow chrome finish i had before but against a Chateau Grey should look awesome
    Hey...i sort of liked my ROH but im pretty sick of that rim. They are ay too common and after seeing them on magnas and commos i got turned off as they only suit small-er cars.

The ROH were a 4X100 standard honda fitment. To fit them i had to have custom hub adaptors machined up by Harrop. I should of just got ROH to custom make me up a set for my offset in hindsight though.

As for rubbing....mm no not really i used to have like 3 ppl in the back of my car and it would rub a tiny tiny bit but other than that they were pretty good even on hard bumpy twisty roads they held up ok. I only had 205 sized tyres.

As for how much they cost me...i think i got them late 2001 or early 2002 and they cost $2300 for rims and Bridstone Grid 2 tyres. the adaptors cost me $800. I got ripped but yeh.....u live and learn i guess when modding your car.lol
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

Thread Information