Newbie !
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Newbie !

Tadpole

Default Newbie !

Hey !
    i didn't know that Pugs were sold in Aus - i thought it was a purely a European make. So 'Hi' to everybody and ill post some pics of my Chariot if requested - but it is modified and so might not be to everyones taste !

Advertisement

XTC

Cars have also reduced the number of deaths from dropbears too ! ...

- XTC -

PS: welcome to
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Personally, I'd like to see that last comment deleted, jester... absolutely disgusting and a taint to this forum.

As for the humour, I hope our Manchester based newcomer understands that... but enough is probably enough.

Let's just educate him a little... tell him about Peugeot's mighty wins in round-Australia trials (rallies) of the fifties, Australian teams that entered Pugs in London-Sydney, London-Munich etc Marathons, that sort of thing.

Oh, and how, because of our climate, salt doesn't destroy Pugs quite as quickly here, so we even have some old ones still surviving!

Tadpole

Lads !
    i can assure ya that i was in no way taking the micky. I Just meant that i thought it was a make only sold in Europe, (kinda like Holdens don't retail over here). I only learnt a couple of weeks ago that they were sold in the US aswell !!!!!

By the way can anybodt tell me how to post pictures in the members gallery ?
    Would love to hear what y'all think to my baby as it gets very varied reactions in the UK.
    Last edited by BIG405; 14th September 2004 at 05:39 PM.

Tadpole

Sounds like a plan my man !

This is the one i generally use - its froma UK pug site so exploring teh rest of the site might be of interest too.

My page
    http://www.pugheaven.co.uk/awesome405.htm

Whole Pug site
    http://www.pugheaven.co.uk/Page2.htm

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

That's a fantastic looking vehicle. The ICE looks awesome. Are you thinking of dropping another engine in it? I notice it is still an 8v version.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by BIG405
    Sounds like a plan my man !
    http://www.pugheaven.co.uk/awesome405.htm
    Your boot looks like a lounge chair with a REAL CLOSE surround sound system

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    That's a fantastic looking vehicle. The ICE looks awesome. Are you thinking of dropping another engine in it? I notice it is still an 8v version.
    Cheers fella - The ice sounds as good as it looks !

I was only twenty when i bought it so the engine was cool enough. I had a T16 engine on order due for fitment early in the new year by Peugeot Ecosse (www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk) linked up too a MI16x4 running gear but a shake up at work will see me heading off to Canada just after Chrimbo so its kinda on hold. Chances are i'll end up selling it cos i don't know how long ill be over there.

I was only twenty when i bought it so the engine was cool enough. I had a T16 engine on order due for fitment early in the new year by Peugeot Ecosse (www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk) linked up too a MI16x4 running gear but a shake up at work will see me heading off to Canada just after Chrimbo so its kinda on hold. Chances are i'll end up selling it cos i don't know how long ill be over there.
    That's a pity. Be hard to pick up the equivelent over there.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Too ricey for me.......

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    Too ricey for me.......
    RICEY ?

Lads !
    i can assure ya that i was in no way taking the micky. I Just meant that i thought it was a make only sold in Europe, (kinda like Holdens don't retail over here). I only learnt a couple of weeks ago that they were sold in the US aswell !!!!!

Would love to hear what y'all think to my baby as it gets very varied reactions in the UK.
    Holden's may not retail over there but you certainly do get the Vauxhall Monaro there - albeit in limited numbers!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Cars have also reduced the number of deaths from dropbears too ! ...
    bahahha DROPBEARS ahahah i havent heard that word since primary school.

Damn dude thats one pretty modded 405. I love 405's....my old mans mi16 drops the best handbreakies Wish my 306 did that

Welcome to the club BTW
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    Holden's may not retail over there but you certainly do get the Vauxhall Monaro there - albeit in limited numbers!
    see, if i saw that i'd think - thats a "re-badged Holden" but i have never seen that car on any adverts (tv or billboard) or on any car tv shows !!! how wierd !!! well i look forward to Ford sh##ting themselves at teh sight of that !

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by WRCPUG
    bahahha DROPBEARS ahahah i havent heard that word since primary school.

Damn dude thats one pretty modded 405. I love 405's....my old mans mi16 drops the best handbreakies Wish my 306 did that

Welcome to the club BTW
    cheers dude - i know what you mean about the handbrake turns

Fellow Frogger!

I have never seen that car on any adverts (tv or billboard) or on any car tv shows !!! how wierd !!! well i look forward to Ford sh##ting themselves at teh sight of that !
    hahah, ford don't give a toss about a 2 door P.O.S Monaro (PS. I actually build this car at work). The Monaro is only 250kW in a pretty heavy mis-matched chassis with crap front and rear suspension geometry. A Ford XR6 Turbo would woop it.

But whilst we're talking about french cars... neither of these would come close to Kenneth Hansens Xsara... yours for just 200,000 pound.

XTC

RICEY ?
    Ricey is the Australian equivalent to "Racer Boy" in the UK, it comes from all the Japanese guys who overdo cars with body kits and engine mods (mostly to the detriment of car speed) .... can be taken as a insult or a term of endearment depending on the recipient and the sender.

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

From what my mate at work tells me - the translation of riced for you would be something has been "treved" up.

Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Funny, I always thought 'rice' applied only to appearance mods... body kits, wheels, spoilers, oversized exhausts etc.

With the rider that the mechanicals weren't so great that they demanded such additions...

No kidding

I'll present a varied opinion if you like - it looks like full-on rice - and that is no term of endearment

As long as you enjoy it, then that is all that matters.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Funny, I always thought 'rice' applied only to appearance mods... body kits, wheels, spoilers, oversized exhausts etc.

With the rider that the mechanicals weren't so great that they demanded such additions...
    You are forgetting of course the milo tin exhaust and NISMO stickers all over.

You're right... I forgot the stickers...

But I mentioned the exhausts!

nice 405 mate, did u have any problems with fitting the 18's?what offset are they? im also have an interest in 'riceing up' my 405

Rice, being less fattening than some foods, carries no 'e' when it becomes 'ricing'...

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac_405
    nice 405 mate, did u have any problems with fitting the 18's?what offset are they? im also have an interest in 'riceing up' my 405
    The eighteens went on no problem, didn't have to roll the arches or anything like that. They only rub on the fronts at full compression. That said teh car is only lowered 40 mm. As for the offset i'm afraid i couldn't tell ya ! The guys at the shop i got em from (demon tweeks) know my car so when i order wheels for it they already know what offset i need. The 405 has a cracking chassis on it so make the most of the handling. The two things i do get problems with are the drive shafts popping out and the sump getting caught on speed bumps. (strangely the sump on my engine isn't found on normal 405 engines and a replacement was actually found on a 2.0 renault megane engine).

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information