Emergency!!!
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Emergency!!!

Default Emergency!!!

This is a strange one, but....I just had my timing belt done at Paul V's but he doesent take credit cards!! I only have $800 until I get paid on monday, he's letting me pay that now and the rest later, but, what wine does he like, anyone know. I feel kinda bad but I just didnt even think about having to pay cash...guess the cashless society isnt quiet reality!!! I thought some wine would help the situation?
    Cheers
    tristan
    BTW: he really is a good mech!

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

jester_fu,

Paul's a bit classier than that

Tristan,
    He likes red! I've bought him a few nice bottles of red in the past... Pinot Noir was a good choice from memory.

It's unfortunate he doesn't take credit cards, but unless you put through huge volumes each month, the banks take too much in commission from the merchants and it gets to the point where it's not worth taking them.

If worst came to worst, you could go to the ATM and withdraw cash on your credit card, which would mean you pay interest immediately rather than in "up to 55 days"

Drop in next time you're in Granville
    Derek.

Thanks Derek, yeah I got the impression that wine may be more appreciated. I can now also attest as to how good he is.....He replaced my timing belt, water pump, fixed the engine mount thing, even cleaned out all the cars drainage channels! Did all the other engine flush/cleaning things, all in a day and really didnt charge alot. well worth it!
    Cheers
    T

Thread Information