Please help? How much did you pay for your 180?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Please help? How much did you pay for your 180?

I ordered my 180 over 2 years ago. Immediately putting down a $1,000 deposit when I was told it was going to have 180kW. I was told it would be delivered in about 10 12 months. 17 months later and quite a few kWs less I received delivery.

From day one I was told that it was a limited edition and no more than 4 of each colour would be in Australia in the 1st year. Due to this I could not receive a discount and would have to pay the RRP. Even when receiving delivery I was still told only 4 of each colour was to be delivered to Australia in 2004. (You can see how shocked I am seeing countless Aegean blue 180s on the road, billboards and brochures in the mail.)

Advertisement

I was lied to and due to this I am taking my compliant to The Department of Fair Trade and Consumer Affairs.

Can you all please tell me how much you paid for your 180s as I am asking Peugeot for a refund of the difference of the lowest one sold? I believe I was mislead to believe it was a rare vehicle and no shift could be made on the price due to this.

Thanks in advance,

james

why don't you look at the post titled ' Gti 180 Prices ' instead of starting a
    new thread?
    You see what I mean about all of these GTi180 threads popping up?

84 505 GTi - Sold to a friend... written off 3 months later

Quote Originally Posted by blu180
    when I was told it was going to have 180kW.
    And you believed the salesman regarding the 180kW?? Geez.

How much did you pay for the 180?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    And you believed the salesman regarding the 180kW?? Geez.

How much did you pay for the 180?
    Blue180, Don't you mean horsepower? Am I missing something here?
    Toast, the best thing since sliced bread!

XTC

From day one I was told that it was a limited edition and no more than 4 of each colour would be in Australia in the 1st year. Due to this I could not receive a discount and would have to pay the RRP. Even when receiving delivery I was still told only 4 of each colour was to be delivered to Australia in 2004. (You can see how shocked I am seeing countless Aegean blue 180’s on the road, billboards and brochures in the mail.)
    I was lied to and due to this I am taking my compliant to The Department of Fair Trade and Consumer Affairs.
    Have anything in writting ?? Otherwise it's a "he said" "she said" kinda thing, wouldn't be holding my breath. How many other lies have you heard from car dealers ?

- XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Sounds like the salesman was very good at his job ! He got you to put money down before you even knew the specs ! Hats off to the man !! Don't be sad though as it's a wonderful car isn't it I paid $39000 so there's something to gauge your purchase on ! Happy Pugging !!
    -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    2004 Black 206 GTi 180
    -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

1000+ Posts

James,

Like XTC said, unless the claims you say were made were written into that initial contract of sale entered into when you paid your $1000 deposit, unfortunately you won't have a leg to stand on.

In the commercial world, not many companies will go to the effort of compliancing and importing a product (whether it be a TV set or a car) to only sell 4 per colour... surely you wouldn't have expected that would be the case.

Peugeot wouldn't give you any refund directly either - you did not enter a contract of sale with them, you entered a contract with your retailer. The retailer is ultimately responsible for the product they sell, not the importer.

Derek

[
    From day one I was told that it was a limited edition and no more than 4 of each colour would be in Australia in the 1st year. Due to this I could not receive a discount and would have to pay the RRP.
    so its not like you got ripped off, his lies just made you pay RRP. sure he lied so you couldnt get it cheeper than what its worth!

Even when receiving delivery I was still told only 4 of each colour was to be delivered to Australia in 2004. (You can see how shocked I am seeing countless Aegean blue 180s on the road, billboards and brochures in the mail.)

yeah hes probably just a lying cut on work experience, i wouldnt be surprized if he is still accually working there.. as ppl said, is anything in writing or is it all on toiletpaper?

sure, last time i did that they sent a letter addressed to me with al my details to them and all his details to me, so easily could have went around to his house and broke his kneecaps or worse..

Can you all please tell me how much you paid for your 180s as I am asking Peugeot for a refund of the difference of the lowest one sold? I believe I was mislead to believe it was a rare vehicle and no shift could be made on the price due to this.

personally, i wont buy a car unless i do research, i see in some car yards they accually put up carboard cut outs of sales men, they dont eat, and say less bullshit which is what i like. I generally find they know nothing, its like going to coles and asking the check out chick whats in a can of baked beans.

never buy a car unless you test drive it

and when it son the lot you can sink your teath into em... as long as you like the colour...

good luck with the dft...

but lets face it, some dickhead lied to you, about a car that wasnt in oz for 2 years, he knew nothing, yo uknew nothing and you fell into the trap.. and he got a grand of you...

if this was a cartoon, when you walked into that lot your head turned into a lolly pop..

Thanks in advance,
    glad i could run you into the ground
    ===============
    1991 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    1994 Toyota Camry CSI
    2002 Honda CBR600F4i
    1989 Honda CD250U
    www.mad-biker.com
    ===============

XTC

From day one I was told that it was a limited edition and no more than 4 of each colour would be in Australia in the 1st year. Due to this I could not receive a discount and would have to pay the RRP.
    In the first year that wasn't FAR from the truth ... there was only about 25 GTi180's delivered in 2003 .. yes 2003 was the first year for the 180 (not 2004)

They even have 2003 compliance plates .. take away press cars and Peugeot Australia cars, I wouldn't be surprised that only 20 cars went to customers in 2003. Did you get yours as a 2003 Xmas present or after as a 2004 New Years present ? Either way still think it's a KickArse mule and be happy with it ... wish I had one.

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

When I went to Taylors in Oct 2002 I asked about the GTi 180 and the specs and when it would be landing here etc. They said - 180bhp and at least a year away - They werent far off on either count.

I said ok - I dont want to wait that long and took the GTi 138 that they had in their showroom - Havent regretted it at all!

Bottom line: Unless you have something in writing you have no chance - and never, ever believe a salesman's speil. He's obviously good at his job!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    In the first year that wasn't FAR from the truth ... there was only about 25 GTi180's delivered in 2003 .. yes 2003 was the first year for the 180 (not 2004)

They even have 2003 compliance plates .. take away press cars and Peugeot Australia cars, I wouldn't be surprised that only 20 cars went to customers in 2003. Did you get yours as a 2003 Xmas present or after as a 2004 New Years present ? Either way still think it's a KickArse mule and be happy with it ... wish I had one.

- XTC -
    I was told from day one to pick-up date that my order was the first one to be received... once again a lie, as i test drove one at Arncliff 3 weeks before I got mine. They told me the Arncliff one was a mistake delivery... Now you're saying some people took delivery in 2003. I didn't get mine till after Australia Day 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by jester_fu
    Yeah.. i know of deliveries in Dec. 2003 as well. But as already pointed out, you either need a GOOD witness to the conversation the sale pr!ck had with you, or you need it in writing.

!
    I actually have emails stating the unique and rareness of the 180... I actually dealt with 2 sales people and both gave me the same speel.

As much as the fact that I love my 180 and as much as I was looking forward to the 207, after the bitter taste I have over this, I will NEVER buy a Peugeot again.

I don't think you have a leg to stand on. The specification of at least the motor was known LONG before it was released in Aus.

XTC

I was told from day one to pick-up date that my order was the first one to be received... once again a lie, as i test drove one at Arncliff 3 weeks before I got mine. They told me the Arncliff one was a mistake delivery... Now you're saying some people took delivery in 2003. I didn't get mine till after Australia Day 2004.
    Yep .. Dec 23rd for a few of em ... (nice Xmas present), sounds like this saleman just told you what you wanted to hear, did you get the Ming Paint protection too?

The Arncliff one was no mistake delivery, it was probably in the first batch (Dec 2003), there was 2 batches less then 6 weeks apart at that time of the year. I did have the ships they arrived on (you can check all shipping through major Australain ports on the internet). Think of it as a blessing, you have a 2004 car that might proove useful come resale time

What dealer are we talking about here ? A Clue ?

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

don't despair

i was told that there were only ever going to be 50 GTi-6's sold in the country and there were a few more than that by the time they finished bringing them in

i never put a deposit down but i was promised a car if i wanted it when it came in and in the colour i wanted

what i was upset about was that i was at that time very interested in the 406 coupe but they were only autos and the dealer "forgot" to tell me that manual versions were going to be arriving later in the year

dealers bend the truth to suit the buyer to make a deal
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

XTC

I actually have emails stating the unique and rareness of the 180... I actually dealt with 2 sales people and both gave me the same speel.
    spiel (def)
    n : A lengthy or extravagant speech or argument usually intended to persuade.
    n : plausible glib talk (especially useful to a salesperson)

I'd say they where just doing their job ... on the otherhand if there was deception proved, that's a different story.

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

As much as the fact that I love my 180 and as much as I was looking forward to the 207, after the bitter taste I have over this, I will NEVER buy a Peugeot again.
    That seems a pretty ridiculous statement to make, especially as I would imagine there would be more than one Pug dealer in Sydney! You let one poor salesman spoil a car which you admit you actually like.

Surely you could just choose a different dealer and probably do a bit more research on your next purchase. Put it down to experience. You still haven't mentioned how much you paid, and I doubt that it would be a lot more than $2K you are quibbling over, it really isn't worth the aggravation and the associated stress and ill feeling on your behalf.

Given that the 206 GTi (normale) was a wanted item at that time, I think even the published resale figures were very high. I would doubt that you would have been in a big bargaining position at the time on the release of the new GTi 180 model at the time, a new model which would likely be in demand.

I would like to think that a GTi 180 has a quality that would remain long after the price has been forgotten! Or are you saying otherwise??

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    I don't think you have a leg to stand on. The specification of at least the motor was known LONG before it was released in Aus.

I knew that it was 180BHP well before I received the car and accepted that the sales guy just got it wrong... I'm just upset as I believed I was receiving a limited edition car, which would hold it's value and I paid full price with this belief.

I'll let you all know how I go... *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    spiel (def)
    n : A lengthy or extravagant speech or argument usually intended to persuade.
    n : plausible glib talk (especially useful to a salesperson)

- XTC -
    thank you. baha

I'm just upset as I believed I was receiving a limited edition car, which would hold it's value and I paid full price with this belief.
    Save the aggravation, go out and buy a box of tissues.

It's a car, they all lose value regardless of whether it is a limited edition or not. Golf R32, limited edition in AUS dropped in value SH, RS Clio Cup 2001 limited edition in AUS dropped in value SH, Peugeot Rugby World Cup limited edition dropped in value........

Obviously you had resale value in mind when you obliterated your limited edition 206 with lowered suspension, aftermarket rims, strut braces, exhausts and all the other stuff you put on it. Oh look, you had a full body kit planned and a carbon fibre bonnet planned too.

You know that you could have bought a 19,990 206 and spent the 15-20k that you would have saved on the mods etc. It would probably handle the same
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

XTC

Obviously you had resale value in mind when you obliterated your limited edition 206 with lowered suspension, aftermarket rims, strut braces, exhausts and all the other stuff you put on it. Oh look, you had a full body kit planned and a carbon fibre bonnet planned too.
    Nothing to say he does (or does not) have the originals still, plenty of people mod cars, only to put them back to standard when re-selling. Care to comment Blu-180 ?

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

Doing up a modern car is a matter of 'bolt-ons'... even if I had gone with the body kit, I would have had it back to standard it within 1 day, no sweat.

But to be honest, I would have given it 2 or 3 weeks sale with the mods and if it didn't work, I'd take it back to bog stock. I only drive my car once a week and take good care of it... If you saw the condition of my last 206, you'd be hard pressed seeing any difference from a showroom model.

I sold my last GTI 206 with the same mods for $23,500 with 77,000kms on the clock. At the time, (Jan 04) I had spoken to quite a few guys who sold theirs with far less k's for no more than $21K.

My car before that was a VL Walkinshaw with mods that I sold for $5,000 more than I spent.. and the car before that was a LH SLR with a 400 chev and I sold it for over $20K. Hotting a car up doesn't always mean a lost. If you do it tastefully and simple, it can improve the sale value...

remember, EACH TO THEIR OWN.

BTW: why the stab?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Save the aggravation, go out and buy a box of tissues.

It's a car, they all lose value regardless of whether it is a limited edition or not. Golf R32, limited edition in AUS dropped in value SH, RS Clio Cup 2001 limited edition in AUS dropped in value SH, Peugeot Rugby World Cup limited edition dropped in value........

My grand dad bought a white HX One Tonner brand new for $4,000, sold it 10 years later for $8,500.

Before that he bought a EJ Special for the equivalent of $1,300. He recently sold it for $15,000.

I'm looking around for a 65 Mustang... Mustangs go up in value of about 5% every year.

Limited addition cars, are rarely a loss. (and I'm not talking about some car with a 'limited' decal on it with 14' alloys) Back when I put my deposit down, on my 180 I figured a bigger motor, brakes and different interior... only 4 of, I couldn't go wrong.
    Last edited by blu180; 9th September 2004 at 12:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information