180 Seatback stuck!
  • Register
  • Help

Default 180 Seatback stuck!

I hope this is not the first of a long list of problems! (took delivery on the 3/9/04)

Mrs NASSTY was adjusting the passenger seat back angle and now it's stuck.

You can still tilt and slide the seat but the seat handles on the side of the seat will not move backwards to adjust the recline of the seat back. The mechanism appears to have jammed up.

Advertisement

It's back to the Dealer tomorrow or Friday for the fix but has anyone experienced with before?

It there an easy fix?

Currently the recline of the seat is too far back for anybody yo use the seat.
    Now, just in case anybody suggests it, unfortunately we were not attempting to use the seats in a mannor the were not designed for!
    The Mrs swears she didn't force the mechanism at all.

Any feedback will be appreciated!

hope this is not the first of a long list of problems!

Yes, yes it is my friend.
    My next car will be Japanese.
    there seems to be quite a few faults listed on here about these 180's already. P.O.S.

But the 180's are such a sweet ride !! Even with little niggling defects I really appreciate it especially after my previous Celica GT-Four that caused me nothing but headaches and money !!! Although I'm still yet to see how much the 180 is gonna cost me in the long run
    -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    2004 Black 206 GTi 180

Default seats woe

Hi Nassty...

This tends to happen whe the seats dont lock into the rails correctly after being shifted back and forth

I learnt the hardway

Try moving the whole seat forward/backwards then adjust the seat back.....this should work

If not kick the living Crap out of it

Hope this helps

btw good choice on the car dont lose heart yet, it has its quirks but thats why i love it
    "Racing is life, Everything else is just waiting" Steve McQueen 1930 - 1980

I'm not dark at Mrs NASSTY, she'll make up for it! Afterall, my cobra is named after her!

I f n luv my 180. Niggling problems I don't care about. That's what warentee is for. My salesman has been very helpful so far, no complaints. Everytime I get in I can't help but smile. That's what this car is about, should be what all cars are about.

I'm more worried about some punce in a car parking lot whacking their door into it than anything else

Quote Originally Posted by NASSTY
    I'm more worried about some punce in a car parking lot whacking their door into it than anything else

Already happened

Even after i parked as far away from the other cars...

My advice dont take 180 groccery shoping
    "Racing is life, Everything else is just waiting" Steve McQueen 1930 - 1980

jester_fu,

It's a natural thing to defend your purchase.

I quite like the 180's, but am not willing to drop 40k (well if I had 40k )on one. still cannot get past the elephant scrotum dash & gorrilla sized seats.

The best thing to do in a carpark with the 180 is park in a section that has a pole on one side and then a car on the other and just park as close as possible to the pole works for me and remeber but your ears in. who cares if you have to walk a couple more metres the car comes first always not convience.
    And to add i haven't got my seat stuck. just hate the fact that on small cars the front passenger seat has to go all the way back before clicking in then you can move it forward. But who cares i'm the one driving the car

Quote Originally Posted by Jason20
    jester_fu,

It's a natural thing to defend your purchase.

I quite like the 180's, but am not willing to drop 40k (well if I had 40k )on one. still cannot get past the elephant scrotum dash & gorrilla sized seats.
    Firstly, if you paid $40K on road, then you've paid way too much. Secondly, elephant scrotum dash?!? I think you've been watching too much Discovery Channel.
    Thirdly, those gorrilla sized seats are the best in the business (even if they occasionaly get stuck! )

QUOTE]Gorrilla seats for a Gorrilla sized man!! Thats me... and the Elephant scrotum compliments my face skin very well... Got to agree... i was put off the 206 when first released by that damn dash texture, but in the end submitted to my primal animal lust.. and bought one! Now i regularly run my genitals across the facia... ooh.. should have thought that and not typed it [/QUOTE]

Bahahaha, I think the Mi16 s1 interior is very cheap & nasty. more rattles than a fisher price catalogue. for a 40k + car when it was released it's very mediocre.

It certainly doesn't compare to the interior finish in an Mi, but then the Mi wasn't in the same 'class' as the 206 (or 205, hence the '4'), so it's not really apples for apples. Much prefer the 307 texture.. but think the dash and fixtures in that car aren't as well designed, asthetically, as the little 206. I especially hate the way they just re-use the 206 climate interface in the 307's... thats just CHEAP peugeot!!
    All car companies mix & match their shit. I noticed toyota do it more than others, camry, corolla, starlet, landcruiser, hilux. they all seem very familiar to one & other (inside).

How much did you people pay for your Gti 180's ? Mine was $39,000 on the road ! In Perth there is only one dealer so their prices are always going to be higher than the rest of Oz. Just curious.
    2004 Black 206 GTi 180

I hope this is not the first of a long list of problems! (took delivery on the 3/9/04)

Mrs NASSTY was adjusting the passenger seat back angle and now it's stuck.

You can still tilt and slide the seat but the seat handles on the side of the seat will not move backwards to adjust the recline of the seat back. The mechanism appears to have jammed up.

It's back to the Dealer tomorrow or Friday for the fix but has anyone experienced with before?

It there an easy fix?

Currently the recline of the seat is too far back for anybody yo use the seat.
    Now, just in case anybody suggests it, unfortunately we were not attempting to use the seats in a mannor the were not designed for!
    The Mrs swears she didn't force the mechanism at all.

Any feedback will be appreciated!

What you have is a common prob with 206's... Just fiddle with it a tad and it'l un-jamm.

I wouldn't stress too much about things going wrong. That's why you have a warranty. All new cars have hick-ups.

I mush admit though the 180 hasn't been put together as well as the old 206 GTI's.. Peugeot have cut quite a few corners to get it in at a low price.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff180
    How much did you people pay for your Gti 180's ? Mine was $39,000 on the road ! In Perth there is only one dealer so their prices are always going to be higher than the rest of Oz. Just curious.
    It's all in the timing and the attitude of your salesperson.

There are five dealers in Melb.

I went at end of month. The salesperson was keen to close a deal as I gathered it had been a quiet month. Any sale is better than no sale.

Hi boys & girls!

Went back to my dealer at lunch today to sort out the seat back.
    Turns out that, "It's a common problem" as the techo stated
    The car is booked in for next Wednesday for the fix.
    All under warentee and I get a rental for free.
    So no complaints.
    Just gives me another destination/excuse to drive my 180!

Just got a call from the dealer

Instead of fixing the seat with replacement parts they're replaceing the whole seat!

The seat is being sent from France, should take about two weeks to arrive.

Thank goodness for warrantees.

In the mean time any passenger will have to accept the "Greek Boy" reclined seat look.

Just got a call from the dealer

Instead of fixing the seat with replacement parts they're replaceing the whole seat!

The seat is being sent from France, should take about two weeks to arrive.

Thank goodness for warrantees.

In the mean time any passenger will have to accept the "Greek Boy" reclined seat look.

The parts for my seat took them 6 wks b4 arriving in Australia from france, so i doubt will be in for u in 2 wks time

Thread Information