'95 306xsi Door panel removal diagram\info
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon10 '95 306xsi Door panel removal diagram\info

Hi People,

This is my first post here. I hope I find my fellow pug drivers in good form this morning.

Advertisement

Well I have some water appearing on the drivers floor side and also behind the drivers seat. Only when the car is parked at certain angles. I believe that this is coming in the window and is getting to the inside of the door.

I am trying to take off the inside drivers door panel. Got the handle off no probs but the door button and housing seems to be a sicking point (literally .

Any tips and pics would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Steven

Have you got a 3 door or a 5 door? If it is the 3 door you are starting in the wrong place. The water can come in through the rear window and rear window seal (when it is really pissing down and windy). This happened to me all of the time in England anyway.
    Toast, the best thing since sliced bread!

Tadpole

Default Thanks Lightening

Hi There,

Thanks for your reply. My car is a 5 door, so it is a different problem to yours.

No other replies as yet. Thanks again,

Steven

I doubt its leaking from inside your door. Check under the carpet and under the sound insulation, you floor rubber seal might have fallen out, or is not in correctly.
    Also chekc the seal of the door and frame rubber, it should be intact all the way around, I have seen on older 306's that this has split. I'd be checking how well the window shuts too.
    if you still wan't to do the door, there is a small clip you need to puch in on the door pin itself, have the door in the up/unluck position and look at the knib/pin in the lowest part of it you should see were you need to puch gently with a small flat head to get the clip to give. When you put it back BE REAL CAREFULL, they are a little fragile. The clip must be in the undone position and door unlocked again. Dont forget the speakers and window wires too.
    Good luck - Chris
    ... ptui!

Thread Information