Need ideas for a 306st
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 Need ideas for a 306st

heya everyone,
    i own a 97 306st sedan and i want to do it up a bit, make it drive better and look a bit more interesting. I have looked around for things but i find stuff hard to find. what are some suitable air induction kits, camshaft, springs, wheels, where to get clear light covers...... anything........
    Dont know much about peugeots am just learning so any info will help
    chears

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bored306st
    heya everyone,
    i own a 97 306st sedan and i want to do it up a bit, make it drive better and look a bit more interesting. I have looked around for things but i find stuff hard to find. what are some suitable air induction kits, camshaft, springs, wheels, where to get clear light covers...... anything........
    Dont know much about peugeots am just learning so any info will help
    chears
    Hi Bored
    I find it hard to belive that you are that bored, but if you are looking to shell $$$ to get a grin on your face...
    Firstly do an advance driving course, lots of fun and will let you learn more about how you intereact with your car, thus any changes you make will be of value in the most important section which is DRIVING, this is what pugs are all about.
    Next is quality tyres, there is a few threads on that topic already so do a search, keywords tyres.
    How well is your 306 Kept? is it mechanicaly 100%? hows the body looking? some of us take great pride in being able to detail our cars to the enth degree. So investing in good waxes and learning how to clean and care for your car would be another great investment. You can do a search here and book yourself in your local colage or tafe and do a Basic car maintenance course.
    If more $$$ needs to be spent, personaly, suspention and brakes are top of mylist.... think about those things, just a suggestion.-Chris
    ... ptui!

Icon14 thanks CHRI'S16,

thaks CHRI'S16,
    the car is in perfect condition, not scratch, dint and serviced and maintained regularly. i know about tyres but havnt got around to getting them yet, will soon though. i dont want a show pony car though i really wanna know more about what to do to the engine, what have people tried and what works and doesnt.
    any ideas cause i find it hard to know what will fit properly and what wouldnt, things like what are the best aftermarket filters for a peugeot...... etc.....

Fellow Frogger!

it takes some serious money to get big results out of these motors.

What a lot of us say / imply / believe... is that you should become one with your car little froggy. Only then you will begin to understand these are not straight-liners... these things are made for corners.

The problem with this is : how can you impress your mates if you can't show them how quick it gets off the line or how much tyre smoke it can produce. These cars are not show off mobiles like holdens and fords. AND NO, i do not condone sticking all your mates in the car and going fanging around back streets or mountain roads.

RightO, so these things are good handling eh?, well there is no point having good handling if the tyres arent up to spec. DO NOT underinflate these fockers. I recommend 36 all round MIN. Make sure they are a quality tyre - do a search for the "tyre thread". If you have money to burn - get some Rcompound tyres YokoA032R, AvonACB10 but at $300+ per corner for 15's they are not cheap especially when they only last 5000km.

With that said, unless you foresee a brake rotor upgrade to 365mm or some sh!t then I ask that you please please only use 15" rims. Nice lightweight monoblocks are good.

Need more traction at the front end under power. Then join the next bulk buy of Quaife Auto Torque Biasing Limited Slip Differentials with 80% transfer - that'll also help turning across traffic in wet conditions or when loose gravel is present.

- then do some drive days... and then work from the weakest link (only have 3-5 items on your list - as you'll always wanna jump down to step 13? to get that ultra cool exhaust system that isnt reall needed until the cams have gone in etc)

at the moment my weakest link list is :

Diff - get it out of the loungeroom floor and into my car
    Tyres - get those hell cool Avon's
    Swaybars - not happy with the rear roll rate. will investigate after tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by bored306st
    thaks CHRI'S16,
    the car is in perfect condition, not scratch, dint and serviced and maintained regularly. i know about tyres but havnt got around to getting them yet, will soon though. i dont want a show pony car though i really wanna know more about what to do to the engine, what have people tried and what works and doesnt.
    any ideas cause i find it hard to know what will fit properly and what wouldnt, things like what are the best aftermarket filters for a peugeot...... etc.....
    the K&N washable unit that sits in the original air box, those pods etc are a minimal thing and really the extra $$ is best spent else were, even at most expect 2-3Hp
    2 1/4 stainless exhaust system might yield 3-4Hp more, but might also be a small loss down low.
    You asked what have people done to the engine??,.. unfortunately your engine isn't the most worked on. But that dosn't mean it cant be improved.
    I don't know of any one here (except a certain turbo convertion that went all pear shaped and cost $$$$$$$$$!), that has done major work to your engine, but MYT205 did lots to his similar engine but spent over 10K.... but the results are wicked.
    If you wanted to get more out of it, you can start looking at a Haltech computer (see PeterT), a mild custom cam grind/fuel system ( peterT, adrian willumen, MYT205), extractors/headers ( quality exhaust shop), dual or quad throttle bodies.... but by now your up to 10K with supply, fit and tuning and a good clutch.
    Try making the car lighter... cheapest and best $$ to performance improvement, don't forget those advance driving courses. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Thread Information