The fun never stops with my 180
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default The fun never stops with my 180

I previously posted a thread about the gearbox in my new 180 having self destructed. A lot of fun was had with Pug Australia and the repairs.

But now in the interests of more enjoyment Pug Australia decided to continue with the fun.

While the gearbox was getting fix i pointed out a couple of faults.
    a) The rooflining had a whole next to the jesus bar(looked like someone missed with the screwdriver.
    b) The left door trim had a fault in the suede.

It was 10 weeks afterthese faults were pointed out that I was told to bring the vehicle in. To only find out the next day that the wrong door trim arrived and the roof lining had a big hole for a sunroof which I didnt have.

Advertisement

So another 6 weeks went by and another call to bring the car in. This time the door trim was correct but the roof lining was for a left hand drive.

OH THE JOY!

So here i am still waiting for my moneys worth of vehicle. Lucky my new job keeps me busy, otherwise I would of been able to be more of a pain for Pug.

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnyv2
    and the roof lining had a big hole for a sunroof which I didnt have.
    Wonder what part of GTi180 they missed ????? (as no GTi180's have sunroofs factory fitted). You going to write a book Fluffy Bunny

- XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Hi XTC206

I actually feel for fluffybunnyv2. I've had some very bad encounters with Peugeot service, to the point were I refuse to use them unless I really need to.

My shifter linkage wasn't adjusted right in the factory and broke the second week I had my 180. It broke down on Parramatta Rd, which meant it had to be towed to the nearest service centre.

I was hesitant to have my car there, as 2 years ago they serviced my 206 GTI and it came back with a 9in dented scratch in the door, only 1 week after I had it flow-coated. They denied it and said the mark was already there, even when I presented a photo of the car I had professionally taken 1 day before and the flow-coat invoice date 1 week before.

Anyways, when picking up my 180, I noticed my gear knob was scratched in 3 places and the center console has a 3in scratch. The manager denied it and said they only worked on the car from underneath and that nobody wore a ring, so the gear knob couldn't have been scratched by them. Whilst he's telling me this I notice a ring on his finger and he was the one who drove my car out of the workshop. Go figure! Then the shifter boot wasn’t put back in right… only worked from underneath the car, eh?

To cut a long argument short, Peugeot Customer Complaints eventually demanded that they replace the damage parts. Problem 2 is Parramatta is a 1hr away from my work and home. I work from 8am to 8pm 6 days a week. 6 months later the parts still haven't been replaced as they will not allow me to have them installed at a closer dealer, even at my expense.
    Last edited by pugrambo; 26th December 2004 at 10:38 AM. Reason: names removed

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by blu180
    I was hesitant to have my car there, as 2 years ago they serviced my 206 GTI and it came back with a 9in dented scratch in the door, only 1 week after I had it flow-coated. They denied it and said the mark was already there, even when I presented a photo of the car I had professionally taken 1 day before and the flow-coat invoice date 1 week before.
    Tough one ... photographic evidence doesn't prove it, but you'd think outta good faith (and the evidence presented to them) that they would own-up. I guess it's an easy policy to "deny everything" and see if the customer pushes it.
    Anyways, when picking up my 180, I noticed my gear knob was scratched in 3 places and the center console has a 3in scratch. The manager denied it and said they only worked on the car from underneath and that nobody wore a ring, so the gear knob couldn't have been scratched by them.
    The fairies did it right ??? If you hadn't actually taken the car yet, it's THEIR problem. I have gouge in the door (inside) that I'm sure wasn't there before I had the Peugeot Alarm installed .. but how do you prove it hey??
    To cut a long argument short, Peugeot Customer Complaints eventually demanded that they replace the damage parts.
    Shouldn't have come to that ... but I suspect the dealer would be out of pocket for these so it's natural for them to baulk. So how many people have you told now ??

- XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Hey Lads,

I bought a 180 off them in Easter & I've been back there 6 or 7 times. Like you blu180, I've given up on them cuz everytime I drive up thereto fix something, the car comes back in worst condition. Go in for 1 scratch, out with 2 not to mention the kms they add..
    In the middle of sending a 2 page feedback letter to peugeot about them.

Even had the balls to tell me they don't have any courtesy cars!!! I don't mean booked out but NONE FOR HIRE when you get a car serviced. !!!!

When my car was towed, I had to go to the nearest dealer & once there, Peugeot told me to make my own way home cuz I wasn't stranded anymore cuz I was at a dealer & not by the side of the road....
    Last edited by pugrambo; 26th December 2004 at 10:42 AM. Reason: names removed

QIK-180 i know you use the same dealer as myself to work on your car (it always seems to be getting serviced when my s16 is) and i have to admit i also have in the past had some issues with the particular dealer!

However since i had a meltdown and made them well aware of their rights to customers and what makes good business sense about 18 months or so ago i have never had a problem, infact that can not do enough for me!!

Unsure if you have used this approach with them, but believe me it works wonders with service manager Walter and even resulted in certain people losing their jobs through incompetence!!

BLU-180 i can't believe they flat denied the paint work damage! I had a similiar episode with my dealer which resulted in the meltdown (and other issues i had with them) and out of good customer relations that i made them aware of they fixed the huge 8 inch scrap on front bar at their expense!!

Seems to me that there is either very poor Pug dealers or very good ones and nothing in between!! Can't do much for their sales when they hear all these horror stories from people like us!!
    S16 ownership is like a fine french wine, perfection personified

My 180 was a demo and after looking it over it as you normally do to a new car find all the hidden secrets. i discovered that my front wheel was worn more then my others. I demanded that the service department do a wheel alignment and long and behold it was worng. by the way this was after 500km or so in the demo car that i have put on, even less. Then the guy asked me to pay for the wheel alignment that was when the fun started

So anyway got it all for free. in the story he tryed to tell me that in 500km or less that the wear was my fault.

Default Oh and it goes on.......

Well its december now and Ive been so busy at work I have not been able to keep this thread updated..... but heres the deal....

Guess what, they still have NOT replaced the roof lining, so far they have sent the wrong one on 3 occasions. Its such a minor hole I really havent worried, but when I think about it i reported it in April. What of i wanted to sell the car.

I really am disgusted with sim darby and will probably never consider a model they import again.

Well its december now and Ive been so busy at work I have not been able to keep this thread updated..... but heres the deal....

Guess what, they still have NOT replaced the roof lining, so far they have sent the wrong one on 3 occasions. Its such a minor hole I really havent worried, but when I think about it i reported it in April. What of i wanted to sell the car.

I really am disgusted with sim darby and will probably never consider a model they import again.
    Perhaps you need to change your name to "bunny-boiler"?
    205gti

Fluffy, here's 40 cents..call Today tonight; if even half of what you've described in your posts is true, you should at least make a few thousand bucks out of it from these shows....
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

well it has finally happened and my first call to peugeot assistance line. got in the car turned the key and all lights up as usual, start the car only to get a clicking noise, not enough juice in the battery so they replaced it with a new centurion battery, start again but still only a click click, startermotor stuffed??? push start and all is fine, turn off and it starts ok, get home and again the click click. lucky i have to have the car in for the upgrade of the software in the morning, just hope they can fix the problem at the same time. so the fun starts.....

Quote Originally Posted by DRD180
    well it has finally happened and my first call to peugeot assistance line. got in the car turned the key and all lights up as usual, start the car only to get a clicking noise, not enough juice in the battery so they replaced it with a new centurion battery, start again but still only a click click, startermotor stuffed??? push start and all is fine, turn off and it starts ok, get home and again the click click. lucky i have to have the car in for the upgrade of the software in the morning, just hope they can fix the problem at the same time. so the fun starts.....

That's what happened with me on two seperate occasions. Didn't have the battery or starter motor checked. The software upgrade done close to 3 months ago seems to have rectified the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrie
    That's what happened with me on two seperate occasions. Didn't have the battery or starter motor checked. The software upgrade done close to 3 months ago seems to have rectified the issue.
    yeah, got the software update and all the startermotor terminals cleaned as they were loose and now there is no problem.
    At very much discomfort, I have to say that AJ looked after me very well today, they had 3 techs and some other guy in a red peugeot shirt going over the car, coffee and a good chat. I think someone may have had words to them.

Glad to hear everything worked out for you in the end. It's never fun to have a car fail on you. I've only ever needed Pug Assistance once, and that was entirely due to an (insert my favourite service mob here) servicing bungle

Any noticeable differences with the XM6 recall - woops - service action?

BTW, I must say I am very impressed that you got a coffee out of them. Since they moved around the corner and into their current office (at least 4 years, I think), the only people I have ever seen drinking a coffee out of their machine have been the counter staff. Someone must have said something.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    Glad to hear everything worked out for you in the end. It's never fun to have a car fail on you. I've only ever needed Pug Assistance once, and that was entirely due to an (insert my favourite service mob here) servicing bungle

Any noticeable differences with the XM6 recall - woops - service action?

BTW, I must say I am very impressed that you got a coffee out of them. Since they moved around the corner and into their current office (at least 4 years, I think), the only people I have ever seen drinking a coffee out of their machine have been the counter staff. Someone must have said something.
    nothing noticable yet as i had to go straight to work and have been there for the last 2 days, will be leaving for townsville @ 12 noon so i will have a good feel on a few ravoutite roads, however i think the low end torque is slightly better and i have notices the induction noise cuts in a bit earlier. will confirm on my return.

yeah i have to agree that someone might have been told to pull their heads in and look after the customer. Mabey the boss was directed to reat the complaints on the forums..... merry christmas and a happy new year

Hey Pugrambo,

Why have you been through and removed names from several of the posts? You haven't removed it from the one "feel good" post, but apparently people are not allowed to mention bad experiences. Maybe if they lost a few customers they may clean their act up a bit. I know three seperate people that will not take their cars their as they have had disheartening expriences there. Why?
    Last edited by pugrambo; 28th December 2004 at 11:38 AM. Reason: names removed
    Regards,

Garth.

Fixin' Cit's.

'19 308 GTi
    '15 DS 5
    '74 GS Convertisseur

In the family
    '51 Traction
    '08 C5 X7 V6

Previous ownership
    '95 XM V6 Series 2
    '96 306 XTDT

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XM Mechanic
    Hey Pugrambo,

Why have you been through and removed names from several of the posts? You haven't removed it from the one "feel good" post, but apparently people are not allowed to mention bad experiences. Maybe if they lost a few customers they may clean their act up a bit. I know three seperate people that will not take their cars their as they have had disheartening expriences there. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by gibgib
    You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this aussiefrogs.com to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane (including swearing), sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
    this is what people on this board have agreed to
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    this is what people on this board have agreed to
    I personally wouldn't have considered it defamatory, just general info or experiences. However if that is the case, you should be very busy as there are a lot of posts in all of the forums that could be deemed as a problem.
    Regards,

Garth.

Fixin' Cit's.

'19 308 GTi
    '15 DS 5
    '74 GS Convertisseur

In the family
    '51 Traction
    '08 C5 X7 V6

Previous ownership
    '95 XM V6 Series 2
    '96 306 XTDT

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    Fluffy, here's 40 cents..call Today tonight; if even half of what you've described in your posts is true, you should at least make a few thousand bucks out of it from these shows....
    Couldnt care for money, I just want the damn thing fixed..... if I really wanted to piss people off its well within my means as I am in the media industry. And if anyone doubts what is happened I am happy to dig out the customer service report from the gearbox after it was completed.

I dont see how Sim Darby can run a business like this, I am happy to name names on here as I have always told the truth in regards to this matter. Robert Lakeman in Peugeot customer service can verify this if you like.

Well I waited for a call back from Keiran at Sime Darby and heard nothing. Accodrding to head office he was suppost to ring me on the 16/12/2004 and tell me what was going on. So I thought I would ring Brighton Pug, they have just infromed me that yet again the wrong roof lining was sent.

I think this is like the fifth time now.
    Is it just me or are Sime Darby totally incompetent. At least that explains why they didnt call me. Well I booked in for my ECU update anyhoo in a weeks time, lets see if they can do that right.

Why is Sime Darby ordering parts, and not the local Pug Dealer?

This brings to mind a story I heard regarding someone laughing when a parts guy told him he was not a parts guy but a parts intepreter. He was then informed that it was a recognised trade, and was most put out by the laughing. Maybe more trade training is required?

I suspect they probably don't have a Parts Disc with GTi180/RC parts in the country
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

So I thought I would ring Brighton Pug, they have just infromed me that yet again the wrong roof lining was sent.

I think this is like the fifth time now.
    Is it just me or are Sime Darby totally incompetent.
    No, it's French. It's not supposed to fit.
    Last edited by Industrie; 30th December 2004 at 05:48 PM.

Tadpole

Icon13

As the owner of a 206 GTI and a Clio 172 (both 2002 models), I thought I'd add my two bob's worth to complaints about dealer service.

I bought the Clio 2nd hand, and it's still under warranty. A couple of warranty issues have been fixed (new TDC sensor to prevent stalling, although this required several visits!), but service in Brisbane seems polite but not too efficient at times. Previous owner had a huge blue with one Brisbane dealer, over a scheduled service where they failed to change the oil filter while charging for a new one! I also think Renault dealers should have Renault courtesy cars available, NOT Pulsars. It gives the impression that Renaults are just the poor relations at Nissan franchises.

My current gripe, however, is with my Peugeot dealer, from whom we bought the 206 new about two and a half years ago. It's now out of warranty. When it rains, the left headlight fills with condensation. This was looked at by the dealer during the warranty period and supposedly "fixed". Supposed "repair" is noted on the service invoice. They claimed to have found and repaired a tiny hole in the light cover (polycarbonate). Since I'd checked the cover with a magnifying glass, I knew this explanation was b***s***, and told them so.

Recent heavy rain means the problem has resurfaced. Surprise, surprise! Now the dealer thinks the problem is a poor seal between light body and lens cover, and suggests I buy a new headlight at $500+! the issue remains unresolved, but my view is that they either spring for a new light or we fight it out in Small Claims Court.

To add insult to injury, while I was at the dealer, they tried to interest me in at GTI 180. The salesman got the "wholesaler" to come up with a trade-in price on my car (two and a half years old, 32000ks, one owner, FSH, absolutely immaculate!). Their "offer" was $18250! They had a similar car (same year, fewer ks, not as good condition) for sale at $26000! Needless to say, I didn't jump at the deal.

Default Request fir advice please guys...... i really need some help here.

OK..... I have just been told by Keiran at Sime Darby that Pug no longer manufacture a roof lining for right hand drive 180's so my options are to have a second jesus bar fitted or have plugs put over the holes for the jesus bar. I am 6 foot 4 so I value the little extra headroom and i hate the thought of cheap nasty plugs stuck there.

They have given me the option of repairing the exisitng lining but that has wrinkles in it from when they took it out the first time they got the parts wrong.

I am at my wits end and need some good suggestions on what to do next.
    Thankyou in advance.

How can they no longer manufacture the roof lining if they still manufacture the car?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information