306 S#!!T Climate Control Removal
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 306 S#!!T Climate Control Removal

Does anyone know if you can swap the climate control with the basic ventilation switch in a 306? If yes, how easy is this to do?

I have had enough of this paying a fortune for replacing the climate control switch unit every 6-12 months!!!

Advertisement

Kind Regards
    Stuart

1000+ Posts

Really? I've owned two 306's with a cumulative age of 15 years and neither of them have ever had a problem with climate control... What goes wrong with them, and how much does the part cost?

It would be hard to source 306 "standard" aircon parts here in Australia because even the lowly 306XR was spec'd with Climate Control Aircon. You may be able to source something from the UK however...

Derek.

Tadpole

Derek,

The orginal failed about 10mths ago. Basically it did not work at all, it didn't even light up. The Peugeot mechanic told me that "yeah this happens a bit in the 306, and it is a very expensive part". Well a quote for $1100 (plus fitting) for the part later, I decided to track down a second hand one. This cost me $250 (plus fitting). Now it is starting to switch off as well.

So I was just hoping that someone else out there may have swapped it for a non-climate control version. But if this didn't really exist here it looks like I may be stuck with it.

Now the decision is, do I cough up for the new part or risk buying another second hand one? Oh well, back to the bank manager!

Stuart

PS. I heard in passing that this part sold for about $500-$600 before the 307 was available... Nice.

Thread Information