Alloy wheels
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Alloy wheels

Icon5 Alloy wheels

I was at my tyre service centre last friday to get a balance and allignment before heading up to sydney, when I thought I might have a look at some bigger wheels to take up all that space in the wheel arches.

Had a good talk with the manager, who claims he had put a set of the below wheels (17") with pilot preceeda michelins on a MI16.

Advertisement

I was a little hesitant to go with 17's. Can you fit 17's with enough room or should I drop down to the 16"?? Is the ride better, and what are the Pilot series tyres like from Michelin.

Cheers Guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alloy wheels-flash.jpg  
    Current: '06 Iron Grey 407 SV HDi '02 Silver Audi S4 '05 GTi 180
    ----------------------------------------------
    Previous: '05 Aegean Blue GTi 180
    Previous: '04 Sahara Gold 206 GTi
    ---------------------------------------------
    Previous: '95 Silver 405 SRDT (Fantastic Tourer)

Tadpole

i have a mate who owns the same car and he wacked a set of 17s on it, be prepared for a big change in comfort levels, alot harder ride. I have a set of 18s on my 307 and the ride changed big time but i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I was at my tyre service centre last friday to get a balance and allignment before heading up to sydney, when I thought I might have a look at some bigger wheels to take up all that space in the wheel arches.

Had a good talk with the manager, who claims he had put a set of the below wheels (17") with pilot preceeda michelins on a MI16.

I was a little hesitant to go with 17's. Can you fit 17's with enough room or should I drop down to the 16"?? Is the ride better, and what are the Pilot series tyres like from Michelin.

Cheers Guys
    Hi

There is one around Canberra that has these wheels on, got them from Quickfit in Phillip. Definately 17"s. The car is for sale at the moment and he's not selling the rims for it, so maybe he would part with them seperately? Last time I checked they werent making the Avanti Flash in 17" anymore, or at least the one that suits our offset.

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/pe...pg=1&pp=20&d=0

Click the above link for pics of the car, not a bad little unit.

Ky

Canberrians! I hope you all got out to give Wiki his farewell on Saturday night!
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser
    Hi

There is one around Canberra that has these wheels on, got them from Quickfit in Phillip. Definately 17"s. The car is for sale at the moment and he's not selling the rims for it, so maybe he would part with them seperately? Last time I checked they werent making the Avanti Flash in 17" anymore, or at least the one that suits our offset.

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/pe...pg=1&pp=20&d=0

Click the above link for pics of the car, not a bad little unit.

Ky
    Thanks so much for that link, will try call him tonight. Yeah when I was talking to Craig at Quick Fit, (my tyre service centre) they called their supplier of Avanti and said that they couldn't get the 17's anymore .

Thats why I was asking how much difference there is between the 16 and 17. I really want to fill up all that extra wheel arch space that the factory 14's just don't fill.

BTW: Really jealous of your coupe. When I do eventually have enough money I will get one. I have never seen one up close, but from all the reports and the pictures, they have become my dream car!!

Thanks so much for that link, will try call him tonight. Yeah when I was talking to Craig at Quick Fit, (my tyre service centre) they called their supplier of Avanti and said that they couldn't get the 17's anymore .

Thats why I was asking how much difference there is between the 16 and 17. I really want to fill up all that extra wheel arch space that the factory 14's just don't fill.

BTW: Really jealous of your coupe. When I do eventually have enough money I will get one. I have never seen one up close, but from all the reports and the pictures, they have become my dream car!!
    16" look just as good but without the ride problems of the 17". If your looking for a bargin, Andreas is selling some 16" Gti rims like mine for $1050 with tyres.
    FS: 16" 206 GTi wheels

There is also a pic of my car there so you can see what they look like on a 405.

The Coupe is everything that your dreaming of and more I havent been able to wipe the smile off my face since I bought it

If your ever at the Hughes shops during the week, you'll see it there parked out side the Takeaway, come in and say G'day.

Ky

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser
    16" look just as good but without the ride problems of the 17". If your looking for a bargin, Andreas is selling some 16" Gti rims like mine for $1050 with tyres.
    FS: 16" 206 GTi wheels

There is also a pic of my car there so you can see what they look like on a 405.

The Coupe is everything that your dreaming of and more I havent been able to wipe the smile off my face since I bought it

If your ever at the Hughes shops during the week, you'll see it there parked out side the Takeaway, come in and say G'day.

Ky
    Hey I saw your Mi16 at Uni the other day outside building 7. Am I right?? My jaw dropped when I saw it!! Wanted to wait around to say hi to the owner, but was really busy

Hey I saw your Mi16 at Uni the other day outside building 7. Am I right?? My jaw dropped when I saw it!! Wanted to wait around to say hi to the owner, but was really busy
    Yep that would have been it, my sisters been driving now that I have the Coupe.

Ky

wonderful car(s) lucky bugger!!!

Will come visit tomorrow at Hughes shops?? If you don't mind that is?? Would really like to see a coupe close up, and meet the owner of that mighty fine Mi16 that i was drooloing over the other day!!!

wonderful car(s) lucky bugger!!!

Will come visit tomorrow at Hughes shops?? If you don't mind that is?? Would really like to see a coupe close up, and meet the owner of that mighty fine Mi16 that i was drooloing over the other day!!!
    No problem, the car will be there after 2 on Thursday ( Sleeping day )

See ya then

Ky

Default rims

:
    Hey,
    the 307's 17" rim may fit with a bit of coersion. i am looking to find a set of 307 XSI rims, or 208 GTI 180 rims for my 205GTI... A couple of people have said that the rims will fit with 10mm spacers on the rear so if the offset is the same from 205 to 405 then al is well.

cheers,

Thread Information