Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • where can i find parts

1 100.00%
  • are parts available

0 0%
    Tadpole

Default 504 window seal rubbers

I,m undertaking a major refurbishment job on my 504 wagon, the vehicle has been stripped bare of all stainless mouldings etc.and been sent off for panel work, and a colour change wth 2 pack paint.I have noted that the wind up window( front and rear doors)outer rubber window seals, are badly cracked, and perished .The front door stainless strips, and seals are still obtainable, but the back passenger door parts are obsolite. I can remove the rubber from the stainless strip, but so far( in Perth WA ) Have been unable to obtain a rubber moulding, of a satisfactory shape. Can any one offer advise please? Many thanks Andy

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by andy sutcliffe
    The front door stainless strips, and seals are still obtainable, but the back passenger door parts are obsolite. I can remove the rubber from the stainless strip, but so far( in Perth WA ) Have been unable to obtain a rubber moulding, of a satisfactory shape. Can any one offer advise please? Many thanks Andy
    G'Day Andy. Nice to hear somebody else doing up one of these. I restored a '75 wagon a few years ago, and sold it last year. Of all the rubbers, those were the only ones I couldn't find either. I suspect that some other vehicle has a similar rubber, but I gave up the search.

I even had the door trims re-trimmed, which necessitated new interior weather strips being located and fitted. In the end we put a metal channel in the top of the door trim, and used some mid-nineties Falcon interior weather strips which were fitted by using a punch to close up the metal channel on them, holding them in place.

If you need assistance with this, give me a call and I'll find the name of the trimmer who did the work.

Cheers,
    John Lane
    0417 915 546.

Icon11 window rubber

They come as one bit. The best you can do is to buy the rubber. Then get a sheet metal place to unpick the folds in the stainless such that the the old rubber can be replaced either purple pig or scotts old rubber can help you with the material.

Als

Thread Information