Purchased 206 GTi 180 Today!!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Icon10 Purchased 206 GTi 180 Today!! Factory Cruise Control

G'day All

I'm a happy chap at the moment. Today I take delivery (and hand over the hard earned $$ ) of a spanking new 206 GTi 180. Happy as a pig in you know what

Advertisement

I've always wanted a GTi but was waiting for the day when a 206 had enough bang to keep up with some of it's rivals. Now it does!

My other project at the moment is building an AC Cobra replica. Same weight as a GTi 180 but with V8 grunt. It'll be awhile before that project's finished but when it is look out

I live in Melbourne Vic Oz. Is there a local pug club ?

Cheers

Al
    Last edited by NASSTY; 9th September 2004 at 09:44 AM.

Congrats! They seem pretty popular lately.

What else did you look at/test drive before deciding on the 206? Thoughts about how they compared?

What is the delivery time like now?

VIP Sponsor

Yes there is and there is a meeting tonight, see the posting under Social Events and Meets.

Graham Wallis

Quote Originally Posted by NASSTY
    G'day All

I'm a happy chap at the moment. Today I take delivery (and hand over the hard earned $$ ) of a spanking new 206 GTi 180. Happy as a pig in you know what

I've always wanted a GTi but was waiting for the day when a 206 had enough bang to keep up with some of it's rivals. Now it does!

My other project at the moment is building an AC Cobra replica. Same weight as a GTi 180 but with V8 grunt. It'll be awhile before that project's finished but when it is look out

Yes, there is a meeting tonight, see the posting in
    Cheers

Al

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    Congrats! They seem pretty popular lately.

What else did you look at/test drive before deciding on the 206? Thoughts about how they compared?

What is the delivery time like now?
    Funny you should ask that. A hobby of mine, when I'm bored, is to test drive cars! So, I've driven lots of them. 206GTi was always on the top of the list but I knew that Peugeot would have to do something to match the performance of the Clio Sport. The Clio is a fantastic car, I just don't like it's looks. I drove a Clio on a 36 degree day, a/c on, saleperson and wife on board and it pulled harder than a teenage boy

Driven plenty of V8 etc but I've never driven a WRX - just never appealed.

When I drove the 180 the prayers I had were answered. It is just what I wanted. Got a great deal too -4K off! And it's not a demo, 100% new. I went to a new dealership, only opened for a month or two and it was end of month. They needed to move stock which was lucky for me. Previously, whenever price came up on previous tests it was not negotiable. Not this time however!

As for the wait. Ordered on last Sat getting today, Friday - 6 days!

Al

Nassty, what colour? as black seems to be the most popular at the moment...
    ... ptui!

XTC

Welcome to AF and welcome to the GTi club.

Can I ask .. what research did you do (other then test drives) that may have (or may not have) influenced you in your decision .. anything online, or magazines, friends, (wife ) etc etc ... curious from a marketing perspective.

- XTC -

PS: Yes I like the Clio too, but couldn't get past the exterior or interior "Franklins" look ... but that's me.
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Funny you should ask that. A hobby of mine, when I'm bored, is to test drive cars! So, I've driven lots of them. 206GTi was always on the top of the list but I knew that Peugeot would have to do something to match the performance of the Clio Sport. The Clio is a fantastic car, I just don't like it's looks. I drove a Clio on a 36 degree day, a/c on, saleperson and wife on board and it pulled harder than a teenage boy

Driven plenty of V8 etc but I've never driven a WRX - just never appealed.

When I drove the 180 the prayers I had were answered. It is just what I wanted. Got a great deal too -4K off! And it's not a demo, 100% new. I went to a new dealership, only opened for a month or two and it was end of month. They needed to move stock which was lucky for me. Previously, whenever price came up on previous tests it was not negotiable. Not this time however!

As for the wait. Ordered on last Sat getting today, Friday - 6 days!

Al

Yeah, bring it down tonight. I'm finally getting my re-built Mi down tonight too. Look for PUGMI, silver serier one with GTI6 rims.

Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Colour is "Aluminium" or metalic silver and I had the windows tinted.

I did my research - articles in drive, carpoint, autoweb, motor and wheels mags. Really the only common problem was the driving position. Even though I'm about 6'1" I've got short legs and feet so I fit in fine. The only thing I will have fitted is cruise - you can't beat it on a long drive.

G'day All

Cheers

Al
    Jealous.
    You should check out the events & social meets section...
    welcome

84 505 GTi - Sold to a friend... written off 3 months later

Isn't annoying that the car has drive-by-wire yet you can't use the factory cruise control? It should be standard on that sort of car!

Which cruise control kit are you going for?

Great choice of colour. Silver and white are probably the best colours, but they are the rarest as well - strange.

XTC

The only thing I will have fitted is cruise - you can't beat it on a long drive.
    It's about the only thing you can't have fitted

http://www.peugeotlogic.com/

Peugeot GTi 180 and cruise control.
    Is it possible to retrofit the Peugeot cruise control to the GTi 180? Here is our opinion on the much-debated question. No, it's not possible. We attempted to fit cruise control to a vehicle when the GTi 180 first arrived in Australia and found the following. Although all the options are available on the VAN with respect to software and hardware, it stops at the engine ECU. When viewing the ECU configuration with DIAG 2000 a line for the cruise control configuration exists and is set to "absent". This parameter cannot be changed at this stage for whatever the reason may be. The current software in the ECU of the Magneti Marelli 6LP (RFK) engine management system has the modification suffix 0901. There is no update available on this day, Monday the 08 of June 2004. We don't know if there are any changes planed to enable cruise control in the future.

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    Great choice of colour. Silver and white are probably the best colours, but they are the rarest as well - strange.
    They (silver/white) are rarer .. the white is a very different look for some reason ... not to MY taste though, havn't seen many red 180's either. - XTC -

Now this is a .sig

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by jester_fu
    I'm sorry.. i just don't get it. I do plenty of long drives in my 180.. i regularly cover over 250km/day for work, and often do 500km trips for work. I've never had the desire to fit cruise, and yes i have driven cars with cruise in them. The 180 is meant to be a sports car, after all, and i think the logic behind the 'no-cruise' option was who would need it in such a sports car? Obviously, they didn't survey the wrong demographic, but had they asked me.. i would have said "No thankyou."
    I guess the annoying thing is, IF you did want it, it should be a simple case of plugging in the stalk (the cutout and connectors are already there) and turning on the BSI/ECU ... seeing it's the same Com2000 and similar throttle by wire as the 307's (cruise control is a $300 on 307's fitted without it .. stalk cost about $124 only). Oversite by Peugeot I think ... and maybe addressed in a future software update.

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

It's quite obvious you're an amazingly disciplined driver Jester. Unfortunately I work in IT so my driving skills are well below par, and therefore I can't travel long distances without sitting on a speed which is comfortable to myself, but not the plod. A few license cancellations and suspensions later - I don't mind having cruise control on my car, whether it is supposedly a sports car or not.

Not sure why sports cars are exempt from needing CC. Care to explain this to an IT retard?

Fellow Frogger!

Dude you have a smokin set of wheels, and I should know, im smokey.

Im about the same height and I have had no problems with driving position.

Them white 180s are all that, why can we not get them here?

Here's a pic of my colour I got off the web. Mine's the same except I have tinted windows. Looking at the white 180 with tint, I think I made the right decision to get tint.

Cruise - so all the hardware and software is available but you can't activate it. Since when did Peugeot adopt government protocols?
    Lets hope some common sense prevails. I knew the 180 had an ETB but I assumed aftermarket fitters would have that problem sorted. I'll be looking into it and will report back.
    As for needing cruise in the first place, anyone not living in Vic, might not fully appreciate how closely you need to watch your speed in order to keep your license. In my other car I use it almost every day when it's appropriate

Thanks for the notice of tonights meeting. I can't guarentee I'll be there; might have better things to do, like try to get my 1500km service on Monday!

Just reading a thread about Pug snobbery - pitty That won't happen to this owner. Always liked Pugs and not for snob value. Pugs have always been great cars that ride and handle extremely well and are individual. My Old Man has a 406 SV very nice had the cruise works really well too

BTW my attachment has come up as a thumbnail unlike the white 180 as above. How do you make the jpeg part of the text and not a thumbnail like the white 180?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Purchased 206 GTi 180 Today!!-puggti180_silver.jpg  
    Last edited by NASSTY; 3rd September 2004 at 02:33 PM.

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Keep your eye open for our Melbourne drive coming up!! I think you might be the only 180 in Melbourne, the others on here seem to be confined to Sydney.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Congrats on the purchase. Is this your first pug?

If you do come down to the pccv meeting tonight there will be one other 180 there, mine. I have a blue one, so i will be on the lookout for yours NASSTY.

Seeya

Simon
    2002 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 16v sold
    2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTI 180

1983 Peugeot 505 STI

Well-done on your purchase mate, bloody good looking car those 180s
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Congrats on the purchase!

To get pictures to display you go to the little "insert picture" button - look like a yellow box with a mountain in it. Then just paste in the URL of your desired picture - Should look like this:

Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

I drove a Clio on a 36 degree day, a/c on, saleperson and wife on board and it pulled harder than a teenage boy
    Gold!

Congrats on the purchase mate. btw a '180 AND a AC cobra..that's just unfair! I've had a ride as a passenger in a cobra replica. The ride lasted about 5 mins, of which most of it was sideways at indecent speeds. I'd never really admired those cars until that ride. Was a sphincter-clenching experience.

Mike, that photo looks kinda familiar
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    Mike, that photo looks kinda familiar
    It does - im hankering for a run somtime soon..... According to the weather mob it's meant to be fine Sunday...
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by jester_fu
    The 180 is meant to be a sports car, after all, and i think the logic behind the 'no-cruise' option was who would need it in such a sports car? Obviously, they didn't survey the wrong demographic, but had they asked me.. i would have said "No thankyou."
    Oh please, Jester - are you sure you're not a Peugeot Sales person? It doesn't need cruise because it's a sports car is just rubbish. Where is the logic in not offering it as an option to those who want it - a lot more people than you think, I would imagine. It should have had it from the start - every other current model Pug has cruise, why not the 206? I couldn't care about the demographic, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

It's just ludicrous that a 35k car with an electronic throttle doesn't even have it as an option (as you've said) but please don't use the sports car excuse again - it's old, and doesn't ring true.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Hate to risk putting the moccas on myself, but I've never seen the need for cruise; never understood why you'd want it on a manual; never thought a manual could sustain it (though if any manual could, a GTi could). Cruise seems to me to be one more step towards disengaging your brain when you get behind the wheel, and I've found the way it tackles any bend in a one-size-fits-all fashion, frankly frightening. My basic gripe, though, is that if you think you need it to avoid speeding tickets, I don't think you're paying enough attention to your driving. On the highway, I always enjoy seeing how slowly (and inevitably) I can overtake cars with cruise ... especially uphill ...

Congratulations on your 180 purchase, Mr (?) NASSTY -- I know of at least seven in Melbourne (and I've seen ads for six others, new). Quite a few subscribe to 206gti.net. Feel free to PM me if you're overwhelmed by the need for one of our elegant stickers ...
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

G'day All,

As you all know I took delivery on Friday of my new dailey driver, a Peugeot 206 GTi 180. Its BRILLIANT!

On Sat morning Mrs NASSTY and I headed off to Marysville for brekky via the, mostly empty, Black Spur. After brekky we took the road to Warburton via Lake Mountain. I knew we were on the right road then a sign stated: "Warning: High Rider Accident Area". As we approached the turnoff to Lake Mountain we began to see snow. It had snowed during the night and the landscape was covered in a layer of new snow. As the wind blew, snow fell off the trees giving the impression that it was snowing. A Kodak moment! Luckily there was no snow or ice on the road. As we drove below the snowline things got even more interesting. The road remained wet but there were more bends than straights. The Pug has amazing levels of grip in the wet, no doubt helped by the 205/40 Pirelli P7000s on 17" rims.
    I'm over the moon with this car and today, I took the long way to work!

While the Pug doesn't have the straight line speed of a cobra it wouldn't surprise me if it can hold it's own through the bends. :LOL:

The other thing about the 180 that makes ya feel good is the fact that there are bugger all on the road, in Melbourne at least. Where I live there are more than a few ricers and they can't get their eyes off it! BRILLIANT

Guess you can't half tell I'm a little excited by the 180!

Cheers
    Last edited by NASSTY; 6th September 2004 at 10:46 AM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Thread Information