Advice needed on computer for a 205gti
  • Register
  • Help

Icon9 Advice needed on computer for a 205gti

Hey there, apparantly the computer on my s2 Gti is dead ( so the NRMA guy tells me when it wouldnt start up ), as there is no fuel flowing through to the injectors on crank over.

Anyway, I was wondering what my options were in replacing the factoy computer.

From memory, there are 2 diferent computers on locally delivered 205's. One on the S1/2 and a different one on the S3.

Even though I think I know the answer, I wouldn't be able to install a S3 computer would I ( using the existing loom, or getting it to work ) ?

Also are there any recommended after markt options ?

Advertisement

From what I gather my current computer is beyod repair.

Any help provided is greatly appreciated.

Cheers !!!
    Delan
    90' 205 gti

VIP Sponsor

The S1/S2 is an old analogue L jetronic setup while the S3 uses a digital system, so no way that you can swap the two. You can upgrade to a digital aftermarket system but there is a lot of work to fit and set these up.
    There's no reason why your computer can't be repaired by someone who knows what they are doing. I'd take the car to an expert, it might be something as simple as a dirty connection. Otherwise buy a computer from a wrecker.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Delan
    Hey there, apparantly the computer on my s2 Gti is dead ( so the NRMA guy tells me when it wouldnt start up ), as there is no fuel flowing through to the injectors on crank over.

Anyway, I was wondering what my options were in replacing the factoy computer.

From memory, there are 2 diferent computers on locally delivered 205's. One on the S1/2 and a different one on the S3.

Even though I think I know the answer, I wouldn't be able to install a S3 computer would I ( using the existing loom, or getting it to work ) ?

Also are there any recommended after markt options ?

From what I gather my current computer is beyod repair.

Any help provided is greatly appreciated.

Cheers !!!

Thanks Graham.

Anyone got any advise on after market options ?

Otherwise I'll be posting a wanted ad. if anyone has a Bosch Jetronic.
    Delan
    90' 205 gti

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Delan
    Thanks Graham.

Anyone got any advise on after market options ?

Otherwise I'll be posting a wanted ad. if anyone has a Bosch Jetronic.

You could look at the posting on Megasquirt, I am in the process of fitting a DIY ECU to my 505 GTI and later to a 205 GTI (pity I hadn't already done it, you could have bought my old L Jetronic ECU).
    This comes as a kit of parts and costs $200 landed in Australia. You need to assemble it, source some extra sensors, install it and tune it.
    A big saving in money if not time and you get to learn a lot about EFI in the process.

Graham

Or a 2nd hand fuel only Haltech. They sell for approx. US$100 on ebay. Local support, and wiring is almost identical.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Or you could buy my EMS Stinger.

It will come with the loom. $600.

Not sure if you can use a UK ECU but if you can there are usually at least a few listed on eBay. They are a dime a dozen over there so go for about 10 pound - plus shipping you;d get it here relatively cheaply i'd say. I was going to buy a lot of 10 of them for 2pounds at one stage but got beaten by 50pence (bugger). Peugeot told me they are over 2k new

Quote Originally Posted by S Chung
    Not sure if you can use a UK ECU but if you can there are usually at least a few listed on eBay.
    They don't have a feedback circuit for the O2 sensor like our "345" version.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information