205 rear speakers
  • Register
  • Help
    Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Default 205 rear speakers

After some general swearing and blaspheming I managed to put some new 5" speakers into the factory slots on my GF's 205. Problem is that now I can't put the plastic cover back over because they are 2 way speakers and the tweeter sticks out too far. Looks a bit rubbish really with the bare speaker showing, although they pants all over the patheretic 12W factory ones we had in there.

What have other people done??

Advertisement
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Fellow Frogger!

I went to the hassle of stripping the rear panels out, sound deading them and then grinding back the plastic on the inside of the plastic grills that cover the speakers, after all that i did not like the way they sounded and took them out I just run front speakers and a sub which I think is plenty in a 205
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    After some general swearing and blaspheming I managed to put some new 5" speakers into the factory slots on my GF's 205. Problem is that now I can't put the plastic cover back over because they are 2 way speakers and the tweeter sticks out too far. Looks a bit rubbish really with the bare speaker showing, although they pants all over the patheretic 12W factory ones we had in there.

What have other people done??
    Did the speakers not come with grilles? are these for the front doors? or rear tray?...try to mount the 5''s to the underside of the tray offset to the factory screw holes, but with shallow head bolts and using nylock nuts... Then screw the old grille back on in the factory screw holes..-Chris

ps, ask if you need more info.. or what i wrote dosn't make sense.
    ... ptui!

Thread Information