Putting SR elec ignition in 505 GR
  • Register
  • Help
    nJm

Default Putting SR elec ignition in 505 GR

My distributor is on the way out and I've decided to grab the electronic ignition gear off a 505 SR and put it in my car. I just want to make sure I grab all the right parts. So naturally I need the distributor, coil and computer thingo. Does it have a special mounting bracket, or would it fit on what is already in my car?

Any suggestions welcome.

Advertisement
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by nJm
    My distributor is on the way out and I've decided to grab the electronic ignition gear off a 505 SR and put it in my car. I just want to make sure I grab all the right parts. So naturally I need the distributor, coil and computer thingo. Does it have a special mounting bracket, or would it fit on what is already in my car?

Any suggestions welcome.
    Hi Nick
    We are also thinking of doing this in our 505 GR .

Can you write it up (photos?) so we learn from your experience. I recall oddfire saying that these dissys can run with a stonger coil & produce a whopper spark!

Good hunting - & if you find 2 please tell me.
    So many projects - so little time.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 604 tragic
    Hi Nick
    We are also thinking of doing this in our 505 GR .

Can you write it up (photos?) so we learn from your experience. I recall oddfire saying that these dissys can run with a stonger coil & produce a whopper spark!

Good hunting - & if you find 2 please tell me.

Ok, I have one for sale, since converting to GTI power. $75 to the first to contact me!

Graham

nJm

I'll take it!!!

I don't have your phone number, so hope you read this soon
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar

Sorry Nick! I rang Graham and sealed the deal about 49 minutes before you posted.

John
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

nJm

Well, I shall try and bargain with Pugwreck, as they wanted $200!
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

Thread Information