Stalling
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Stalling

Tadpole

Icon5 Stalling

My 406 occationally has a fit of stalling every time I put the clutch down! there are two error statements that literally flash up so quickly it is dificult to read them, the fist one says Battery Charge Fault (I think) the second which lights up for a split second after the first starts with "Insufficient" !!! the problem with the stalling will often clear for awhile if I drive the car hard for a bit. Am I right in thinking that the alternator is on the way out?

Please Help, car goes in for Hackney next week and will not pass if it stalls on me!

thanks Porkie

Advertisement

Are your electrics OK otherwise? headlights dont change intensity as revs change? Starts OK? Have a good battery?
    Batt charge alarm and other could be 'insufficient voltage or power for Engine computor???? Cars with ECU's need nearly full battery volts to run the computors or else engine wont run.
    If it clears after engine has run for a while could because the battery has charged up a little. Put a voltmeter on battery, start motor then see if it reads 13 to 14 volts when motor is revved.

Decca
    Present --2016 2008 Outdoor / 2014 RAV4 Diesel (My utilitarian beast)

Past -- 19?? 403 / 1974 504GL / 1972 R12TL / 1995 405SRi / 1997 406ST / 1998 306XT / 2004 406HD1 / 2008 308XSE HDi / 2008 307XSE

Tadpole

Default Thanks

Thanks, checking all

Porkie

Thread Information