rims
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: rims

Default rims

Wondering if anyone has the knowlege in 206/307 rims.

I am just wondering if the 307 XSi 17" 5-spoke rims or the 206 GTi180 17" 5-spoke rims will fin onto a 205. i reckon the would look absolutley awsome if someone could get them in spacer or not.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ooh-heh
    Wondering if anyone has the knowlege in 206/307 rims.

I am just wondering if the 307 XSi 17" 5-spoke rims or the 206 GTi180 17" 5-spoke rims will fin onto a 205. i reckon the would look absolutley awsome if someone could get them in spacer or not.
    not sure on the 307 rims, but i think you'll find that there is to much difrence in the offset in the rims between a 205 a and a 206GTI180, do a search of the forum there are plenty of threads that discuss this

The offset and PCD should be the same for both the 206 and 307 wheels - +25. Keep in mind though the 307 XSI's 17" wheels are only 6.5" wide as oppose to the GTi 180's 7" wide wheels.

The 180's wheel is also a bitch to balance as it doesn't have a centre hole which means the tyre place must have an adaptor to hold the wheel from the inside as though it was fitted to the car.

hi guys,

in regards to the offsets bw the 206gti and the 206gti180, arent they the same offset?

coz if this rings true, them you shouldnt have any problems what so ever fitting those 17s on your 205 - my 205gti rides on 17s that have a peugeot 206 offset... the fronts slip in nicely however spacers were needed for the rears to make them fit.

dunno bout 307 rims, though.
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Default rims

Thanks all for the info guys, i will search the forum a little more to see what i find and i will inform on the same thread if anyone is interested.

I was just asking this as previously i was going to look at the standard 16" 206GTi rims they look really cool and i have seen them on some other 205's. but i reckon that the 307's wheels would look even better.

Will update all on the findings soon

I thought the initial question was whether the offset for the 206 differs significantly to the 205s, and Pugjet has already answered - it will fit.

As for the choice between the GTi 180 17's and the 307 XSI's 17's, the design is exactly the same, but the only differences are the 307 wheel has a narrower width and it has a centre hole.

Don't expect these wheels to be cheap though as Peugeot is selling these for about $600 each! I've never seen a 307 XSI's 17" wheels for sale, but have seen a few 180 wheels.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by omak
    I thought the initial question was whether the offset for the 206 differs significantly to the 205s, and Pugjet has already answered - it will fit.

As for the choice between the GTi 180 17's and the 307 XSI's 17's, the design is exactly the same, but the only differences are the 307 wheel has a narrower width and it has a centre hole.

Don't expect these wheels to be cheap though as Peugeot is selling these for about $600 each! I've never seen a 307 XSI's 17" wheels for sale, but have seen a few 180 wheels.

Good luck.
    oooh
    I could be up for selling my pug 307 XSI rims if yr interested.
    Was looking at getting diff rims.

let me know!

Tim

Default rims

Cheers for the info everyone, will inform on what happens and what the prices are for the rims.
    Also PUGJET i love your car if that is the one in your avatar. I also have a Black S3 but it has a black automatic bonnet which makes it look a little beefyer

hi errr... ooh-heh ,

yeah, its an avatar of my 205... looks ok, ey?

my 205 doesnt look that immaculate in the flesh, though. photos and darkness hide most of the dings and scratches, you know. must say, that graphite colour looks great in photos.

man, 17s just look enormous on a 205gti.

if you upgrade to factory mags, as nice as they may look, youll pay an arm and a leg and a testicle for what is ultimately shod on pretty much all up-spec 206s and 307s.

think your money would be better spent on non-factory alloys with decent enough rubber. why wear the same alloys as everyone else when you can be different? 17s are all about show you know .

p.s. mines a s1 - you know, the best of the series

EDIT: edited text.
    Last edited by pugjet; 1st September 2004 at 11:47 PM.
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

looks pretty good for a S1, PUGJET!

I just like the look of those particular mags, i dont really know where to look as i have searched around a bit and cant really find much.
    I already have the S2-S3 speedlines with Michilens' that grip great. before i had this S3 i had a S2 that i sold through this forum... (which i would reccomend to anyone, as you can target a specific audience.) Anyway i had bridgestones on that car with the 14" rims and the rubber was absolutley crap... not to use too many profanities.

Yeah my car is a S3 that i also bought through this forum...Glad i did because it is a glamor. trying to source some pics & when i do i will post them up.

-If you are interested i am thinking of either the 17"ers or the 16"ers from the 206GTi. if you want to se a pic go to "205gtidrivers.com" and look under "drivers cars" then "Eric Yellow" who is under the Turbo 205 8v section-

Tried to attatch a piccy... dont know if it works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rims-ericyellow1.jpg  

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by nggy
    oooh
    I could be up for selling my pug 307 XSI rims if yr interested.
    Was looking at getting diff rims.

let me know!

Tim
    how much would u sell the 17"s for?

Quote Originally Posted by Black307
    how much would u sell the 17"s for?

From Justin>......DITTO......<

Quote Originally Posted by ooh-heh
    From Justin>......DITTO......<
    Donno how much they are worth .
    gimmie an offer.

Thread Information