pug for the 1/4 mile
  • Register
  • Help

Default pug for the 1/4 mile

just wondering of opions for racing 400m in pugs and what you rekon are the better at it ?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Tiop
    just wondering of opions for racing 400m in pugs and what you rekon are the better at it ?
    77 is the key for meeting the option to the things of the recourse you speak.........
    Regards,
    Matt
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Imagine watching the entire French Air-Force crash into a fireworks factory. That's how much fun this car is."

Jeremy Clarkson - talking about the V6 Clio
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to the fact that all modern pugs are front wheel drive they are not a good basis for 400m sprints.
    However if your bored i think your best bet would be a stripped out 205 with an mi16 with an lsd and slicks.

This is not what these cars were built for, but if you have to go look at MYT205's car, he is selling at the moment, if you want something built for the drags its the one for you. Snap it up before he strips it and sells off the parts.

Dave

I dont know about other pugs, but my mi16 goes quite nicley in a straight line. Its not really that fast compared to some other cars though, but its fast enough - for now.

I do know it corners and handles beautifully though....you actually have some feedback from the car and you can feel exactaly what its going to do...Unlike some other cars ive driven.

Maca

power to weight....

Darren (MYT205) had some good results in his NOS'd 205 8V. (I think it is still for sale).

The problems with fwd's though is the grip. And in time as you get more serious parts arent cheap to replace, as you begin to snap things with increased power. At times like that the local vehicles take the cake as there are aftermarket places to cater for the 1/4 mile maniacs.
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

hmm coole's

405 only gets good feedback

they came in awd in europe why not here continues to

If u want a quick low 13 or 12 sec car dont go FWD.
    Sure u can make then quick (many of my friends FWD cars are) BUT u wil run into so many headaches and keep spendind $$$$ fixing stuff.

U can probably get a Gti6 or a 205Mi16 into the 14's without too much fuss BUT to crack 13's N/A requires a bit more $$$ and patience.

My Gti6 is pretty quick for wat it is...itll keep up with stocky WRXs and sum turbo cars and most VTECS BUT its a pig to get the launch right and ive popped driveshafts just trying to launch against other cars. Each time i race i think im going to break sumthing and thus it takes the fun outta racing.

If u are going to drag a FWD pug the most important mods u can do and the ones that will make the best imporovments to ur ET will be a LSD and a set of Semi Comp Tyres....do these and u will get at least .5 sec quicker.

Good luck....im not gonna say dont do it...but if u want a quick straight line car go get a RWD Turbo of sum sort itll save u alot of $$$ and headaches.
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

If you want to go fast in a straight line I can't help think that sticking a 1JZ or RB25 in a 505 is probably the best idea.

Or buy Darrens 205 as all the hard work has been done, and you are basically getting the engine for half price and the car thrown in for free.

As far as I know I own the fastest Pug in Australia over the 1/4 mile.

Thread Information