Another Mi16 question...
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Another Mi16 question...

Another day of under bonnet pottering...another raft of questions.

Can anyone advise where the intake air temp sensor connects TO the loom on a Series 1 / Motronic M1.3?

The reason I ask is that mine has a K&N pod filter on it, and I'm simply not sure what's happened to the sensor. I'm right in saying that it used to be mounted on the stock filter box, aren't I? I'm hoping it hasn't just been stuck somewhere dodgy, or worse, snipped off, as I intend to return the filter to stock as soon as I can lay my hands on the housing etc. So I was hoping to look on the loom where it's spliced in, as a start.

Cheers

Stuey

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    Another day of under bonnet pottering...another raft of questions.

Can anyone advise where the intake air temp sensor connects TO the loom on a Series 1 / Motronic M1.3?

The reason I ask is that mine has a K&N pod filter on it, and I'm simply not sure what's happened to the sensor. I'm right in saying that it used to be mounted on the stock filter box, aren't I? I'm hoping it hasn't just been stuck somewhere dodgy, or worse, snipped off, as I intend to return the filter to stock as soon as I can lay my hands on the housing etc. So I was hoping to look on the loom where it's spliced in, as a start.

Cheers

Stuey
    Air temp is in the AFM.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

1000+ Posts

Thanks Peter - I saw that this could be the case in my Bosch manual, but hadn't had another chance to look.

Stuey

Thread Information