Transport Tarsmania to Perth
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Transport Tarsmania to Perth

Hi
    I have two Renault Dauphine Gordini's in need of restoration and not drivable in Tasmania.

The cost of transport to Perth even for one is more than they are worth and beyong the depth of my shallow pockets!

Does anyone know of any cheap options?

I rescued these from a padddock in Tassie that has 12 Dauphines in it!

I also stripped some parts from the others which have now been trashed by vandals.

I have a Dauphine in Perth that was used in the ABC mini series The Shark Net last year and has travelled 34,000 miles from new.

Advertisement

Or if anyone has a safe storage place in Tassie I need to shift these cars soon as they have outstayed their welcolm where they are. Vehicles are Hobart and Richmond Area.

I really want to ensure these rare vehicles are saved and not scrapped.

Can anyone in Tassie assist?

Graeme

I would love to help but I have just moved to a new place without the 3 acres I had and I would be linched for bringing anymore cars home with me as teh drive already has 4 on it and I still have to bring one down to the new place. Pity as I was 5 minutes from Richmond before.
    Where were the cars located? There are a couple of Dauphines in Richmond itself and a ratty parts car in Campania 5 minutes north. I have never seen a bunch of Dauphines that big though.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Fellow Frogger!

Default Tassie Gordini

Hi

Thanks for the reply

Yes my two cars were in the main street of Richmond until about two yrs ago.

Then they moved about ten mins away.

My Mmother looked after the cars but has now returned to Perth.

One car has a home on a farm and the other was left at the house and I was to move it last month. My removalist has fallen through. A friend was going to Tassie for a holiday with his flat top tow truck! Yes it was to good to be true.

I am also a Pugnut currently owning a 206 GTI and a 406 and a member of Peugeot Car Club WA.

Im not sure of the address of the remaining ten Dauphines in the paddock but I could find out for you.

They were about twenty min drive from Richmond.

I bought the two Gordinis pus a trailer load of new Renault Parts and the Renault illuminated dealer sign. I had the rights to strip parts from other cars.

Last time Mum visited cars vandals had smashed them with bricks/ timber and left a sea of beer cans around them.

I will try to copy photos of the fleet as found if you would like.

Thanks for your reply.

Graeme

Fellow Frogger!

Default Tassie Dauphine

Thankyou

The cars have found a temporary home.

Graeme

It's lively to find a stash of cars you like isn't it?
    About 3 minutes from my old house I found out about a Pug stash which included about 4 or 5 504s, 3 or 4 403s and a 203 ute and sedan. Near my new place is a paddock with at least 8 or 9 Cit DSs in it, most beyond repair.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project

I'm sure you'll find that some of those are IDs... I noticed them on the way to your place the other week...

You are probably right, I found out later that you were right about that diff being from a Hudson too.
    There are a couple of early round light ones in that stash too. I think I have met the owner in the supermarket car park driving a GS wagon. He said at the time that he had a CX too.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project

Thread Information