Cost to install sunroof?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Cost to install sunroof?

Ive got a 2002 206 GTi and i was thinking of installing a sunroof. I bought the car second hand and wasnt aware that there was a sunroof available untill i read that some people had it factory fitted on these forums.

How much is it to get the sunroof installed at Peugeot?

Advertisement

For those of you who have them installed, is it worth it? All i read are problems regarding squeaking and creaking ...

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by kangfu
    Ive got a 2002 206 GTi and i was thinking of installing a sunroof. I bought the car second hand and wasnt aware that there was a sunroof available untill i read that some people had it factory fitted on these forums.
    How much is it to get the sunroof installed at Peugeot?
    For those of you who have them installed, is it worth it? All i read are problems regarding squeaking and creaking ...
    You can't get a factory style one (on roof) installed aftermarket .. you can get an aftermarket one that will have less squeeks and rattles then the factory ones .. i was quoted about $1600 for Hollandia (considered on of the best) with full roof re-line (that was 2 years ago).

- XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

visit a sunroof showroom. there are a few varieties ranging from expensive to bloody expensive. the cheepest was the rag top style.ala mazda 121.
    Then a few more bucks gets you an external(slides back externaly) and a few more bucks gets you an internal.(pivits from front .retracts internaly)
    There are a few variations on the theme ie glass or solid, sliding/non sliding
    I was in the showroom a few month ago and from memory,they ranged from$1900 to about $3500.
    sun roofs are totally cool,great on a full moon,allow you to toss stuff at tailgaters,but bad for your hairstyle.Also good for paying tolls and at drive throughs when electric windows fail.
    Just a note, my brother had a cheap glass non sliding roof installed in his toyota life.
    It sucks.
    No curtain to stop the sun blasting in, and when you open it, feels like you are inside a pipe organ, with about a 40 hertz resonation. does your head in.

Sunroofs are great, but check with your insurance company first. Cutting a big hole in the roof of a car that previously did not have a hole there makes them nervous. I've heard of people having claims for a write-off denied because of an aftermarket sunroof (even when the sunroof played no part in the cause of the write-off). Some excuse about compromising the structural integrity of the vehicle.
    Care factor = -273.15șC

Quote Originally Posted by LookingforMi16
    Sunroofs are great, but check with your insurance company first. Cutting a big hole in the roof of a car that previously did not have a hole there makes them nervous. I've heard of people having claims for a write-off denied because of an aftermarket sunroof (even when the sunroof played no part in the cause of the write-off). Some excuse about compromising the structural integrity of the vehicle.
    Yep, ive heard of that. Something about getting an engineering certificate?

When I bought my 180 which doesn't come with a factory sunroof, I was offered 1 by my dealer. The Hollanda with tilt. Not 100% but I think he said it retailed for 2500. No engineering certificate req'd, but i'd say it would up my insurance just as an accessory.

just remember if you get a 'cut the square in the roof type'you will loose about 2 -2.1/2 inches headroom inside the car .
    i have aftermarket sunroof in my 1987 205 gti that was done by prestige sunroofs.[very reputable and recomended by peugeot ]
    when i say aftermarket ,they were the installers for peugeot at the time.i mean aftermarket in the sense of not installed in the peugeot factory.
    its a great feature of the car,wind down both windows and open the roof and its nearly the same as a convertible but feels safer i reckon.
    i dont notice the slightly lower roof lining but if i was 6 ft or over i reckon i would.
    mine is solid metal, not glass and is different to most 205 sunroofs,
    it is electrically operated and works even when the ignition is not on ,for safty reasons i suppose.
    i am really happy with it. that said make sure to service it regularly.
    if you dont you will be opening yourself up for a leaky roof
    .most roofs leak a bit but have channels inside to expell water outside of the car.if these get blocked the water has no where to go but inside your car.
    this was the case with mine but a $45 service fixed that problem.
    hope this helps-BAZZ

sorry just realised your in sydney,the place i was talking about was in melbourne[the worlds most livable city]-BAZZ

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    just remember if you get a 'cut the square in the roof type'you will loose about 2 -2.1/2 inches headroom inside the car .
    i have aftermarket sunroof in my 1987 205 gti that was done by prestige sunroofs.[very reputable and recomended by peugeot ]
    when i say aftermarket ,they were the installers for peugeot at the time.i mean aftermarket in the sense of not installed in the peugeot factory.
    its a great feature of the car,wind down both windows and open the roof and its nearly the same as a convertible but feels safer i reckon.
    i dont notice the slightly lower roof lining but if i was 6 ft or over i reckon i would.
    mine is solid metal, not glass and is different to most 205 sunroofs,
    it is electrically operated and works even when the ignition is not on ,for safty reasons i suppose.
    i am really happy with it. that said make sure to service it regularly.
    if you dont you will be opening yourself up for a leaky roof
    .most roofs leak a bit but have channels inside to expell water outside of the car.if these get blocked the water has no where to go but inside your car.
    this was the case with mine but a $45 service fixed that problem.
    hope this helps-BAZZ
    Hi Bazz,

just wondering where you got your sunroof serviced? I'm in the Eastern Subs and I think I'd like to get mine serviced too?

cheers
    Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Thread Information