where to put fire extinguisher in 306?
  • Register
  • Help

Default where to put fire extinguisher in 306?

Hi everyone,

I need to put a fire extinguisher in my 306, to comply with CAMS rules!

Im assuming the fire extinguisher has to be securly held somewhere in the car which is easy to reach. So where would be the ideal place to keep this.

How easy is it to attach?

Ideally i would like to place it somewhere where it wont be seen too much as i drive a granny model 306xt,which is hardly a quick machine which warrants a cool go fast fire extinguisher .

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    Hi everyone,

I need to put a fire extinguisher in my 306, to comply with CAMS rules!

Im assuming the fire extinguisher has to be securly held somewhere in the car which is easy to reach. So where would be the ideal place to keep this.

How easy is it to attach?

Ideally i would like to place it somewhere where it wont be seen too much as i drive a granny model 306xt,which is hardly a quick machine which warrants a cool go fast fire extinguisher .
    put it between your front seats with a NOS sticker on it. .... fully siiiiiiiick
    Last edited by orestes; 28th August 2004 at 07:17 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

cams dont really specify WHERE it goes as long as it is in arms reach when strapped in tight. But the catch is using approved method of fixation. You can't just screw it into the plastic of the centre console etc.

Is it the red type of extinquisher? Does it have a bracket?
    On the floor lad!
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

I always mount mine in front of the passengers seat, never had any dramas with scruiteneers with this location.
    Regards,
    Matt
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Imagine watching the entire French Air-Force crash into a fireworks factory. That's how much fun this car is."

Jeremy Clarkson - talking about the V6 Clio
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asanka,

Extend the seat as far as it goes, mark the spot for the extinguisher. When you move the seat back you should have no probs reaching it. I think CAMS specify that the driver should be able reach the FE from his seat.

Also remember not to use self tappers screws as they are not legal for sporting events. Use bolts and nuts.
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

Administrator

I'm not sure exactly how a 306 interior is layed out, but in my car I have the extinguiser mounted length ways on the right hand side of the front footwell hard up against the sill.

This way, the door sill protects the extinguisher from being kicked as you get in, and the seat can still travel backwards and forwards without interference or risk of damage.

It also means that the extinguisher is very easy to get to as you bail out of the car at high speed when the big motha 306XR crys "enough" and throws a rod

PS: The bracket must be steel, a plastic braket will fail scrutineering and does not meet cams requirments...

Thread Information