types of 306's
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: types of 306's

Icon6 types of 306's

ok just wondering if someone can help me out iam loooking at buying a newer pug round feb 2005 to modifiy.

I currently own a 505 GTi s2.

From what i understand there are n5's cabs,and all the ither n3, n4s etc.
    i was looking for a 306 GTi6 are these good for perfoamnce upgrades also is this the n4 ?

was thinkin bout getting a 306 (sedan body) and planting the 306GTI6 angine & gearbox in it. Any ideas on how hard this would be ? (worth it ?)

Other considerations are a 405 or maybe a 406 hmm.

I want one to really do up. planning to spend bout 25K on the car and the first mods. less on an older car (405 less then 20K)

Advertisement

Any help be appriciated

Do a search in here, Macquered (brenno) did a timeline thread that goes VERY deep into the history of the 306.
    As for the gti-6 in sedan, good engine in a average body.... but should go in easy.. however it wasn't designed to be in a sedan. Worth it? thats your own thing there.-chris
    ... ptui!

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

There's a guy who was on here a little while ago who converted an N3 306XT into a "GTi6". There were no N3 GTi6s in Oz, so this comes very close. Check it out here:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/261048/1

If you are going to spent 25K I would probably just buy an early GTi6 to start with and take it from there. From what I have heard around the place, mods on the GTi6 are of little worth, although you could do an unreal job on the ICE system as there is a bit of space to play around with, especially in the boot.

The 306 sedans look pants anyway.

A later model 205GTi maight be worth considering too.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

rek

Quote Originally Posted by Tiop
    was thinkin bout getting a 306 (sedan body) and planting the 306GTI6 angine & gearbox in it. Any ideas on how hard this would be ? (worth it ?)
    Sounds like you're after a sporty Pug sedan .. IMO it would be easier to get a 406 V6 manual, and then go to work on making the suspension sportier.

I can see the GTi6-engine-into-sedan-body idea turning into a money disposal project, unless you find a wrecked '6 with an untouched front half (which I think the guy Stone Free mentioned was lucky enough to find)
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

would the GTi6 engine etc fit under the hood of a 205?? That might be worth considering.

I have seen conversions where people have put the 406's V6 into the 306 which would absolutely hammer I reckon.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Thread Information