Modifying Software on Display
  • Register
  • Help

Default Modifying Software on Display

HI
    i was watching the rally today, and saw on the middle display that the gears where being shown on the display. My question is can you change the software on the display to do this and put like a shift light system on the display. Basically can you modify the software that appears on the middle display (being where the clock is displayed). On a 180.

Thanks,

Advertisement

You are talking about the 307CC right???
    I dunno if is possible for raod cars, but it would look pretty cool
    I'm interested to c if other ppl know this answer.......

I' m sure it's the same in every pug

Jester could you tell me some places in france and germany that could help me with this.
    And how would i go about getting the flash code.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    HI
    i was watching the rally today, and saw on the middle display that the gears where being shown on the display. My question is can you change the software on the display to do this and put like a shift light system on the display. Basically can you modify the software that appears on the middle display (being where the clock is displayed). On a 180.

Thanks,
    Even if you could get the source code for the display what is going to tell it what gear you're in or what engine revs you are doing? Jaycar sell a gear indication kit which might be a start, but I'd reckon given the hassle it'd be cheaper and simpler to remove the factory unit and build your own, of course then you'll probably lose all the factory display stuff.....

I'm sure you'll find the displays on the rally cars have as much in common with a road car as the drivetrains and engines! Might look the same but will be very different.
    Regards,
    Matt
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Imagine watching the entire French Air-Force crash into a fireworks factory. That's how much fun this car is."

Jeremy Clarkson - talking about the V6 Clio
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys is there a way that i can reset the button on the display of average speed?
    I bought my car 2 weeks ago but i didnt understand yet what many things on the screen mean

Quote Originally Posted by haris_el
    hey guys is there a way that i can reset the button on the display of average speed?
    I bought my car 2 weeks ago but i didnt understand yet what many things on the screen mean
    I am assuming the stalks on the 307 work exactly like the COM2000 equipped Xsaras like mine. Pressing the button on the end of the wiper stalk allows you to cycle through the display. Holding the button for, like 5 seconds will reset the trip computer and hence your average speed.

Troy.

there was talk of hacking and re-writing the code for the 206 computers on the 206gti yahoo forum a while back. i dont know how far they got with any of it tho...

i would guess its all possible. whether its worth it just to change the display or not i dont know, i think they were looking at it more form a performance point of view.
    1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

Thread Information