Peugeot Painters
  • Register
  • Help

Default Peugeot Painters

If I wanted to re-spray some areas on my car, are there any places in Sydney that you could reccomend that work on Pugs alot, as i'm worried if i take it anywhere, i'll get the wrong colour etc.

Advertisement
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

if you know the paint code then you can insist that it be done with that code and anywhere should be able to do the job.

but i understand your worrys, i dont like even taking my pug to the tyre shop. on one occasion i watched as the young rouse-about got in and looked for the ignition and then once found he tried to turn it away from him, then almost broke the indicator switch while twisiting it and looking for the head lights, (it was just after dusk). lucky it was an auto otherwise he prolly would have driven it into the car infront.

but oh well, all worked out in the end..........

Pugs are quite different from other makes.

Does anyone know the paint code for China Blue then?
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

The paint code is usually under the bonett - remember that there ar a number of china blues (or so the paint man told me) but the pug one is a pearl finished clolour.

Any reputable paint shop should have the paint base colour and ratios available
    Cheers
    Meggsy
    Current - 4007HDi
    Had - 407 HDI 406 SV 404, 504, 505 GR and STI. 405 GR ( carbie version) STI, MI16
    And an Austin 1800
    Learnt to drive in 203 Convertible and a 403 SW

Icon11 paint job

Had work done on my car by scientific motor body works at broadway, wattle st. did a good paint job.
    dont know about cost though, was insurance job

Quote Originally Posted by MR206
    If I wanted to re-spray some areas on my car, are there any places in Sydney that you could reccomend that work on Pugs alot, as i'm worried if i take it anywhere, i'll get the wrong colour etc.
    I have helped my mate spray my 306, his brothers 206, x2 206 Customer cars and x1 yellow 306 Cabriolet. New style pugs are a pig to do body work on...
    All I can say is colour coding is the leats of your worries, how they spray, what quality paint and what curing time they give the car, if they bake it too quickly the paint wont flow. If the use to much hardener, reducer etc the paint will eventually flake etc... so colour is not too much of a hassle, its all VERY computerised. Most quality shops use good paints like Sikkens and HOC, or Standox,.. but its HOW they spray on too. Ask to see some recent work, look VERY closely at the surface, does it have the surface like the skin of an orange? (bad), stand about 3-4 meters back and do all the panel paints look the same? is there any blotches of darker/lighter paint? how much overspray do they need to remove etc?... good luck.
    I would recommend my mates shop but he is SO busy he would charge you the earth at the moment.-Chris
    ... ptui!

Quote Originally Posted by MR206
    Western Smash Repairs at Seven Hills are Peugeot Authorised Repairers. I think if you want the 7 yr corrosion guarentee to be warranted, repairs have to be done at an authorised repairer. My 205 is currently there.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information