Evil Squeeky dash
  • Register
  • Help

Default Evil Squeeky dash

the dashboard on my missus 92 405 squeeks and vibrates... ALOT
    the previous owner said it has done this since the imobliser went mental on a trip to france and the dashboard was removed to work on the problem,
    also the heater asn't worked since then ether, the fans work as does the external/recurculate leaver just no heat

Advertisement
    Mosuke

1000+ Posts

Wow - it must have been a bad repairer to have mucked up that much!

No images in signitures please.
    I've removed it.

Derek.

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa

I've removed it.

Derek.
    WhooHoo yep that one was way over the top, way way too big.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Mosuke
    the dashboard on my missus 92 405 squeeks and vibrates... ALOT
    the previous owner said it has done this since the imobliser went mental on a trip to france and the dashboard was removed to work on the problem,
    also the heater asn't worked since then ether, the fans work as does the external/recurculate leaver just no heat
    You have a bit of a problem. Peugeot use a special plastic in their dash assemblies called "rattleite". There is no cure - they have been using it for decades. Turn up the radio to drown out the noise. Or buy a car with a diierent dash (i.e. not a Peugeot).
    95 MI16
    71 404 U10 ute
    66 404 coupe
    55 203C (gently warmed) gone... sold...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi 03
    You have a bit of a problem. Peugeot use a special plastic in their dash assemblies called "rattleite". There is no cure - they have been using it for decades. Turn up the radio to drown out the noise. Or buy a car with a diierent dash (i.e. not a Peugeot).
    The world of self tapping screws are my friends

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

I've removed it.

Derek.
    it's coz its a ford isn't it?
    no probs chaps, i'm thinkin dinamat spray (sound deadening)
    Mosuke

FWIW, I had cause to fit a new speedo cable to my 16V Cit BX and in the process found all these things in the dash that were put there to make it rattle; I can't think of any other reason. I mean a speedo cable sitting on top of a hard plastic duct is going to rattle isn't it? So I grabbed a fistfull of rubber carpet underlay and wrapped up wherever it sat on top of the hard plastic or went through something it was going to vibrate on....'tain't rocket science so I'm stuffed if I know why Pierre' the design engineer didn't think of it.
    As far as squeaks go, Nissan worked this out a few years ago; if it's plastic and it sits against more plastic, rubber, steel or glass, it'll squeak so spray where it touches with silicone release spray and the squeak is all gone. May have to do it more than once but it will work................and FYI, it isn't the fact it's a F**d that the avatar got zapped, but because we are conveniently hosted by a serious Citroen enthusiast for free, so we don't use any more bandwidth than we have to unnecessarily as a gesture of thanks for the free hosting, but remember, we are aussie frogs and the closest F**d ever got to this was by buying Simca out many years ago but they then shut the factory down, so they aren't exactly top of the popularity tree with French car owners; we still talk to 'em though.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Icon10

hummm silicone release spray? damn good idea! thanx
    as for the 'it's coz its a ford' just messin.
    i totally understand the rules on sigs
    and as for 'they aren't exactly top of the popularity tree with French car owners' i love my sierra to death as it was a freebee from a friend and in need of some tlc (suspension, discs new engine etc..) so i've spent so much time and care on her but ford ARN'T my favorate make
    Fix
    Or
    Repair
    Daily

it's a well known fact god created the weekend for ford owners to fix the problems that have happened during that week (when i'm driving she does have a hard time though )
    Mosuke

Thread Information