Fuel leak
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Fuel leak

Default Fuel leak

Only one day after I boast that I have had no problems with my 307 I get fuel leaking from somewhere near the top of my fuel tank when I fill up. Fairly gushed out to begin with but soon slowed and now seems to have stopped.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

Just a guess, the breather return that comes back into the filler?
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserman
    Just a guess, the breather return that comes back into the filler?
    Could be, but I find it strange that I haven't seen a drop before. I always the tank right up. Has anyone with a HDI had this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by touring?
    Could be, but I find it strange that I haven't seen a drop before. I always the tank right up. Has anyone with a HDI had this happen?
    If you're looking for 307 HDI owners, this probably isn't the best place Haven't really come across this issue on the 307 list though.

There are a handful of C5s here though, however I don't think I've read any of them reporting this issue.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

might not be related but I had an issue a year ago with my 306 - occasionally fuel would leak from the top of the tank somewhere but generally this only happened after it had been sitting turned off for a few hours.

I was in Townsville at the time and initally I thought it was a temp thing but it happened early in the mornings sometimes when it was relatively cool. Only other change was that I was filling with Caltex Vortex up there (no 98RON that far north) when I usually use Optimax or Ultimate.

Anyway I had mechanics check it out and they couldn't find a problem, moved back to Sydney and back to 98RON it hasn't happened again.
    '97 N5 306 XSi - Blaze Gold

Dosn't sound like a common problem. I'm getting it checked out on friday so will post what they find then.

Cheers

Problem identified! The fuel breather return isn't broken; its simply not there! Nice one cruiserman . No one knows why it has never leaked before. Apparently I get a new tank when one is ordered in.

Thread Information