307xs 1.6 5 door 2004 model
  • Register
  • Help

Default 307xs 1.6 5 door 2004 model

Hey to all,

I have bought the above mentioned car, of course i bought it before looking on the web for what others thought of the car.

Well only had it 4 weeks have not done any long distance driving yet, just stuff around the city...and low and behold the indicator stick sh!ts itself. Will not turn off the indicators automatically. Have got it booked in next friday to fix.
    I was also told when buying the car that i could get cruise control put in at A$300. " Yer mate you dont need to put in cruise now you can bring it back when your ready and we will install it then " too easy mate i said.
    So i Ring up ask them about the cruise and what do you no Peugeot have changed the computer system so you cant just put in the cruise for $300, with the reboot of the computer and a few other bits and peices it is going to cost a lazy $4000 - $5000 (give me two) nice. You no where you can stick your cruise.

Advertisement

What do you think about that...the car is fantastic though...nice to drive.

readnik

Get used to the indicator thing. I think we are on our 4th or 5th now, in fact we just got our 307 back from the dealer yesterday and as I drove out of the dealership it broke again.

I would call Peugeot head office and complain about your cruise control experience. When we bought ours the dealer tried to charge us $700 for cruise but then we pointed out that it says $300 on the Peug Aus website so they agreed to fit it for that price.

Icon7 307xs

I picked up my new 307xs and am not having a problem with the indicator-luckily.I had cruise control fitted for the $300 and it seems to be ok so far.I do have a few issues though:
    1- Roof lining doesn't fit up to roof handle on passenger side
    2- Door speakers rattle when volume up high(hate that)
    3- Terrible high pitch squeel coming from vents when air con is up high
    4- Big gap behind steering column when you pull steering wheel forward(rubber cover just sitting there).Can see all wires.
    5- Have an automatic and the gear changes are very rough and jerky
    6- Warning lights don't work on panel.If I don't put on my seatbelt the light doesn't come on or beep(is it meant to?)
    Otherwise I love my car and the free leather! Will speak to dealer in Melbourne about getting all these fixed.

I'm onto my 2nd indicator (COM2000), but no problems with this one so far. I've got the 307 XSE (May 2003) so I have the cruise as standard.

I noticed they come with free leather now, wonder if I can take mine back in and get them to retro-fit it? Sure would be nice, the material on the driver's seat is starting to wear a little.

Apart from that, very happy with my car.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy Tone
    I noticed they come with free leather now, wonder if I can take mine back in and get them to retro-fit it? Sure would be nice, the material on the driver's seat is starting to wear a little.
    Personally, I don't like the 307's leather - it feels quite hard, as close to cardboard as leather could ever be. Maybe it becomes better over time, but I have to admit, it never impressed me much.

I wouldn't mind the velour option that's available overseas. The XSi's seats aren't too bad, although they may not be around for too much longer, reports suggest

Don't buy that $4-5k crap for cruise control - take it to another dealer and ask. Hey, even dobbing them into Peugeot might be nice, if an alternate dealer is convenient for the future.

I've never heard about new cars being incompatible with CC - only early cars that have an L4 ECU, cars with the L5 and above can have CC. A little bird sat on my shoulder and told me you could even put CC on a 1.6 with the L4 computer (ie. -02 an earlier) if the dealer didn't mind.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Default thanks

It is much appreciated all the comments.
    I am taking the car in tomorrow for the indicator and cruise fit. Will keep you posted on both.

I am in Townsville so there is only one dealer but i think that if i was standing in front of the dealership with a placard saying dont buy from here they rip you off and tell complete lies, then maybe i should get something done!

What do you think....or does everyone know that dealerships tell lies and rip you off...maybe i need to write up another sign...damn

readnik

Thread Information