pissed off 205 owner
  • Register
  • Help

Default Angry 205 owner

what gives, i'm not even driving my car wasnt even askied if anyone could use it and the only reason that my car is now STUCK in brisbane is because my brothers car broke down on the way to him dring to the airport . Anyway aparently, from what my mothers lack of description who is down in brisbane after seeing my brother off, and trying to do the right thing in getting my car back here, the auto gearbox is making "noises" and my mother has rang the RACQ to get it towed to a "mechanic" now a) i hope they realise that its an automatic and bring a tow trailer and not a bloody well f100 (or whatever they are) with a winch on the back and b) i hope to gods sake that it gets taken to somone who knows what a peugeot is, especially one being as wierd as mine. Now then i am not a happy camper at all and for the life of me can't work out why the hell its done what its done as it was driving fine the day before yesterday when i wasn't really even asked if it could be borowed. so i'm considering what my options are here, do i a) try to work out where the hell it is so i can talk to them about it or do i just let them do whatever the hell it is they think they can. from what little time i have had to talk to my mother i dont even know where it is (not pissed off at all at anything but the car itself just want to make sure it goes somewhere decent to get fixed) and i don't even have a car to get to brisbane which is 2 hours away anyway .

Advertisement

one pissed off 205 owner
    Last edited by orestes; 20th August 2004 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    ........... because my brothers car broke down on the way to him dring to the airport ...............when i wasn't really even asked if it could be borowed. so i'm considering what my options are here, ...........what little time i have had to talk to my mother........
    They are family, after all........ Have you tried counselling? Speak to your mother more often. She won't be there one day.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Just make sure it goes somewhere good. Try Euroserve, Ian reddiex is good. 3852 1399 36 Ross St Newstead - near jim adness and city peugeot.

Where does everyone else take their cars in Brisbane? (we fix them at home at my house so don't know which mechanics are good).

Dave

Be nice to your mother, from my experience mothers are usually very nice to cars.

And start thinking of that 206GTi 180 at the auctions. It'd make a great project for a transplant into your car........

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    They are family, after all........ Have you tried counselling? Speak to your mother more often. She won't be there one day.
    now isn't really the time to be cracking jokes, but anyway i'm more pissed off that it happend (especially being 2 hours away) then pissed off by anyone who may/may not have caused it. it just anoys me when things like this happen and i dont really have the time/money, or know how (to pull an automatic gearbox apart) to fix it and i also don't know what is going on. i'm not pissed off with anyone in fact just really annoyed that it had to happen
    Last edited by orestes; 13th August 2004 at 02:18 PM.

QR WEBSITE

Time now: 14:20
    Next available train: | Scheduled Track Closure:

<TABLE id=Table2 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=paneltitlecity><TD width=170>Depart</TD><TD width=162>Arrive</TD><TD width=108>Route info</TD></TR><TR class=tablecellpaleblue vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top>Nambour (Station)
    5:26pm</TD><TD>Central (Platform 1)
    7:39pm</TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>
    X9B0 details Ľ</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    $11.60 or $5.80 for student

Off you go

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    QR WEBSITE

Time now: 14:20
    Next available train: | Scheduled Track Closure:

<TABLE id=Table2 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=paneltitlecity><TD width=170>Depart</TD><TD width=162>Arrive</TD><TD width=108>Route info</TD></TR><TR class=tablecellpaleblue vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top>Nambour (Station)
    5:26pm</TD><TD>Central (Platform 1)
    7:39pm</TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>
    X9B0 details Ľ</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    $11.60 or $5.80 for student

Off you go

Dave

nice one dave i just got time to talk to my mother and aparently its been towed on a trailer and is siting at a dealership, so hopefully they know what there doing. I don't know which one as my mother didn't want to talk for long as its been a stresful day, which i can agree to. now its time to play the waiting game and see what happens of it and how much of my arm and leg they want to fix it

Hopefully its something simple.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave

Hopefully its something simple.

Dave
    lets hope so

Turns out it wasn't the transmission, which was what the RACQ guy announced when driving it onto to the tow truck, but it was a wheel bearing. $250 later I have my car almost back here. Apparently though the mechanic who had it, which I have since found out isnít actually a Peugeot let alone a French car mechanic has decided to top up the transmission fluid. Now then, I am just wondering and considering as the mechanic probably has no knowledge on the transmission fluid that the car runs, that he has more then likely then not put whatever he felt like in the transmission. Can you do a lot of damage to a gearbox by putting a different sort of transmission fluid in it, or am I really just over reacting about the fact that the guy probably hasnít put the proper stuff in.

Fellow Frogger!

Simple fix find out what tranny fluid it takes, than ask him what his put in and if its different ask for him to change it.

If he is a decent mechanic im sure he would off looked it up to see what fluid it does take.

Cheers.

nJm

Glad everything is going to be ok. I've lost count of how many times i've woken up to find someone has borrowed my 505.

One quick thing, and I don't mean to be rude, but I found it very hard to read your posts as they lacked almost any punctuation. I'm hardly the king of grammar or spelling, but some basic sentence structure would be nice in the future
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

On a slight skew, i also go to Ian at Euroserve. He's a nice guy who knows his pugs, although he's a very busy fellow there. Fixed my 205 up good, and he found (and got around) some fairly odd fitments on my car.
    1987 205 GTI - Graphite Grey - 206k km's
    1988 MR2 Supercharger - Mica Blue - 114k km's

Thread Information