205 GTi Rear drums
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 GTi Rear drums

Hi guys,
    Not sure if this should be in the parts for sale/wanted to buy but if it should be then moderators can feel free to move it. Anyway, I called peugeot this morning to get a set of rear drums for my '89 GTi and was told that Peugeot doesn't stock them anymore. Can someone tell me if they know of a good supplier for aftermarket drums or some other alternative.
    Cheers,
    Sean

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by S Chung
    Hi guys,
    Not sure if this should be in the parts for sale/wanted to buy but if it should be then moderators can feel free to move it. Anyway, I called peugeot this morning to get a set of rear drums for my '89 GTi and was told that Peugeot doesn't stock them anymore. Can someone tell me if they know of a good supplier for aftermarket drums or some other alternative.
    Cheers,
    Sean

i don't think this would actually be the case , talk to a few other peugeot places. i'm pretty sure they wouldn't stop selling drums.

I've spoken to two with the same answer. Either way I'd prefer a cheaper alternative anyway. They used to be around $460 a side anyway thats crazy talk

I've spoken to two with the same answer. Either way I'd prefer a cheaper alternative anyway. They used to be around $460 a side anyway thats crazy talk
    $460 a side , i haven't had to change the drums on my car yet but i'm glad to know what there worth. Paying peugeot prices for that seems ridiculous, the amount of times you have to do that would make me wonder if its posible to switch to a disc rear end out of a series 3 or something similiar

Hi guys,
    Cheers,
    Sean
    Hi,

Ring a few wreckers, they might have a good second hand pair ro they can buy new "non genuine", which would be fine. I'm certain that the price you quoted is not right. It would be cheaper to get some made by a machining shop. Pugspares list them at about 26 pounds each in England http://www.pugspares.co.uk/PartsSear...rums&Submit=Go

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by WAUTY205
    Hi,

Ring a few wreckers, they might have a good second hand pair ro they can buy new "non genuine", which would be fine. I'm certain that the price you quoted is not right. It would be cheaper to get some made by a machining shop. Pugspares list them at about 26 pounds each in England http://www.pugspares.co.uk/PartsSear...rums&Submit=Go

I'm sure the price is right, even Peugeot dealers are not getting their their fast moving stock from Peugeot anymore. Peugeot told us recently that they would be looking after the owners of earlier models, maybe they haven't started yet?

Graham Wallis

Try Ken at Caravelle at Box Hill North. Don't whether he has them, only that the prices are always good.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    02 and 03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee +

Thread Information