205 GTi Rear drums
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member S Chung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    107

    Default 205 GTi Rear drums

    Hi guys,
    Not sure if this should be in the parts for sale/wanted to buy but if it should be then moderators can feel free to move it. Anyway, I called peugeot this morning to get a set of rear drums for my '89 GTi and was told that Peugeot doesn't stock them anymore. Can someone tell me if they know of a good supplier for aftermarket drums or some other alternative.
    Cheers,
    Sean

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Banned orestes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    4,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S Chung
    Hi guys,
    Not sure if this should be in the parts for sale/wanted to buy but if it should be then moderators can feel free to move it. Anyway, I called peugeot this morning to get a set of rear drums for my '89 GTi and was told that Peugeot doesn't stock them anymore. Can someone tell me if they know of a good supplier for aftermarket drums or some other alternative.
    Cheers,
    Sean

    i don't think this would actually be the case , talk to a few other peugeot places. i'm pretty sure they wouldn't stop selling drums.

  3. #3
    Member S Chung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    107

    Default

    I've spoken to two with the same answer. Either way I'd prefer a cheaper alternative anyway. They used to be around $460 a side anyway thats crazy talk

  4. #4
    Banned orestes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    4,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S Chung
    I've spoken to two with the same answer. Either way I'd prefer a cheaper alternative anyway. They used to be around $460 a side anyway thats crazy talk
    $460 a side , i haven't had to change the drums on my car yet but i'm glad to know what there worth. Paying peugeot prices for that seems ridiculous, the amount of times you have to do that would make me wonder if its posible to switch to a disc rear end out of a series 3 or something similiar

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger! WAUTY205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Devonport, TAS
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S Chung
    Hi guys,
    Not sure if this should be in the parts for sale/wanted to buy but if it should be then moderators can feel free to move it. Anyway, I called peugeot this morning to get a set of rear drums for my '89 GTi and was told that Peugeot doesn't stock them anymore. Can someone tell me if they know of a good supplier for aftermarket drums or some other alternative.
    Cheers,
    Sean
    Hi,

    Ring a few wreckers, they might have a good second hand pair ro they can buy new "non genuine", which would be fine. I'm certain that the price you quoted is not right. It would be cheaper to get some made by a machining shop. Pugspares list them at about 26 pounds each in England http://www.pugspares.co.uk/PartsSear...rums&Submit=Go

  6. #6
    VIP Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    9,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WAUTY205
    Hi,

    Ring a few wreckers, they might have a good second hand pair ro they can buy new "non genuine", which would be fine. I'm certain that the price you quoted is not right. It would be cheaper to get some made by a machining shop. Pugspares list them at about 26 pounds each in England http://www.pugspares.co.uk/PartsSear...rums&Submit=Go

    I'm sure the price is right, even Peugeot dealers are not getting their their fast moving stock from Peugeot anymore. Peugeot told us recently that they would be looking after the owners of earlier models, maybe they haven't started yet?

    Graham Wallis

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts alan moore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ipswich, Queensland.
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Try Ken at Caravelle at Box Hill North. Don't whether he has them, only that the prices are always good.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    02 and 03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee +

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •